• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crank SS

Flip side of the argument: I was watching a Will Shusterisk (sp?) video the other day, about driving. He asked the group he was teaching (and I'm paraphraisng from memory here) "How many of you started out with a high speed driver like a Destroyer, and it messed you up for two years because you learned to throw it in a way that now messes up your game?" or something like that.

So learning proper form is the thing to do, of course... but trying to make a too-high-speed overstable disc work might be as bad if not worse than an understable disc.

I have no idea why you feel the need to say this. Nobody is advocating for developing players to just throw destroyers (or whatever) and figure out how to make it work. Its also not what I said at all.

Of course, some people don't take this sport so damn seriously, and becoming the best player they possibly can isn't something that is all that important to them. Also I totally understand people throwing those discs if they are any or all of the following: Old, Young, disabled, injury prone, female.

So I see it both ways. I certainly encourage people to put down the flippy high speed stuff, but if they don't want to (or cant) put the work in to get past needing it I won't judge them for it.

Well said. This is exactly how I look at things, as I know at this point in my life that I can't dedicate the time and effort to vastly improving my form - and I'm perfectly fine with that. As a result, I aim for fun, and sometimes it's fun to throw stuff that you shouldn't. It's kinda why my site exists, and why I'll still review the big high speed stuff even if it's not the "right way" to do things for long term gain.

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but has anyone else found the first run crank ss to be much less stable than the more recent crank ss runs?

Yes, I agree. With my arm I can get more distance out of the first run but the more recent runs hyzer out on me too quickly.

Last edited: