• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Craziest day ever.

Two of my friends both got swarmed at two different courses in one week. Certainly wasn't 4000 though :gross:

We're down to straggler bees right now, the ones that lackadaisically brave the colder weather while the rest of the hive hibernates.

I've been slapping them with my putter when I see them, just because.

Bees in the bag

submerge the bag in some water and drown them... maybe even (nearly) boiling water (so you don't warp the discs or shrink the bag) or ice water to make them groggy.

It got to over 70 here yesterday and I was playing in springfield and these bees wouldn't stop landing on my legs! It was pissing me off!

Great disc golf story. Sorry about the stings, that does suck. Really, looking back, isn't that the cool thing about the game. It throws nature at you as a challenge all the time. Weather, bees, snakes, rats, poison ivy, stinging nettle, fire ants, monkeyhawks....seen them all. But that is why I get out and play instead of video games on the couch. Had a crazy feral cat come charging out of the woods once, took an hour to get my bag back.

This reminds me of the time a family of geese wouldn't let me get my awesome drive back to complete my birdie putt. I tried to intimidate them by waving all my brightly colored discs, shaking the chains on the basket and to no avail. If I took a step at the lead goose, he charged back at me. I was so upset and it literally went on for like 5 minutes until the geese finally decided to leave. After it was all over I was wondering what it would have looked like if someone saw me.

-Also I got stung by a bee right next to my eye the 1st summer I disced. Was looking for a lost disc(which I gave up on after the sting) and all of a sudden BAM! Worst part was, we had my stick shift car and the only person with me (my girlfriend) couldn't drive it so I had to drive an hour home 1-eyed.

Were you at the tournament there the weekend before??? Because two weekends ago at the sanctioned tournament at Jack Brooks there were fire trucks and ambulances at the new course during the second round. I was playing the old course in rec but had forgotten about the firetrucks until now and was wondering if it was a similar incident.

Great disc golf story. Sorry about the stings, that does suck. Really, looking back, isn't that the cool thing about the game. It throws nature at you as a challenge all the time. Weather, bees, snakes, rats, poison ivy, stinging nettle, fire ants, monkeyhawks....seen them all. But that is why I get out and play instead of video games on the couch. Had a crazy feral cat come charging out of the woods once, took an hour to get my bag back.

What is a Monkeyhawk?

I've got all the videos, problem is they're all posted on Facebook, anybody know a way to embed them from a FB wall to here?

These are very aggressive bee's. Two weekends in a row of incidents? I image the city will be out there to resolve the issue.

Did the bee's come out of the ground or out of a nest above?

Latest posts