• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form, please.

You seem to rotate on your heel which is a good thing. Personally i think its a very difficult thing to learn. Id just work on what others have said about shifting forward. Also i saw you putting video. Looks like you use all arm. Try rocking back and forth with your legs or something with your lower body that you can do the exact same way everytime you put. It will help with follow through and accuracy immensely. good luck

I'm only using a small portion of my putting motion to control distance. I'm starting these putts at or very close to my weight forward position.

Try rocking back and forth with your legs or something with your lower body that you can do the exact same way everytime you put. It will help with follow through and accuracy immensely. good luck

I did, but it was edited out. I'm using a little bit of leg, and it's moving in the right direction. I have problems with decelerating if I use a lot of leg close to the basket.

It feels like I'm turning back later, but it doesn't look like it ... should my feet/hips/etc be turning back later in the run-up?

Not getting your hips/weight transfer correct. The standstills show you transferring your weight from in front of you. The x-step shows you planting a bit too backward with the foot, and not properly braced and maintaing good posture on the front side and your shoulders get too far in front the hips, and the rear hip trails around. Your posture is also lost in the backswing on the rear side so that is where things start to go wrong.

Check this:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24009

Word.

There's a driving clinic vid out there somewhere that says something I interpreted as "it should feel like someone is pulling the disc back on the reachback". I guess I should forget I heard that?

On the shoulder bit, am I interpreting that correctly saying that my top "center" or focal point should be behind the lower center until the disc is gone?

Which step is to backwards? Backwards meaning toes pointed away from the target? And so they need to be pointed more at the target? I was thinking that would really help delay my reachback.

The disc should pull you into reachback, but not at the expense of posture and leverage from the hips. You are overheaving it back. You can use a door frame and play around with max reachback and move your body around to find where you get the most leverage on the door frame through your hips, as opposed to the door frame pulling you back. It's basically starting the lawn mower.

From a pure power perspective the shoulders should always be leveraged behind the hips dynamically. Just looking at a static position doesn't tell the story, because the shoulders can be visually in front of the hips, but still leveraged from them.

Plant step is too backward/far compared to the hip/spine to properly brace. The door frame should help this. You will probably feel more upright.

Plant step is too backward/far compared to the hip/spine to properly brace. The door frame should help this. You will probably feel more upright.

I think I'm getting the picture. It just feels good to reach back that way ... not proper, necessarily ... just nice.

When I played golf, I gained possibly as much as 30yds by opening my forward foot 15-20*. This is the same thing, right?

Your weight(upper body) is over-heaved or too far beyond bracing, it shifts from way back to way forward.
danwillrb_zps83963086.jpg

danwillfinish_zps1420e087.jpg

Your weight should counter the disc action back and forth.

In the first pic (max reachback) you can see how if you and Will were tugging on the same disc Will would pull you over easily. Will is much more stacked and centered with his spine more upright and caboose anchored closer to the target, that's a leveraged backswing.

In the second pic (finish position) you can see Will has kept all his weight behind his bracing and is stacked with the head, shoulder and knee balanced right over the foot, where your weight and spine has tipped over the bracing and not totally countering the disc action out to the target. It also means your rotational/whipping speed is reduced because you are continually moving/tipping forward.

Working on turning back later. My timing sucks right now, but I can tell that I'm finishing wider. Don't know about the weight, but after reading what you said, I'm pretty sure it's an issue I had solved at one point, so I think I know the feeling I'm looking for.

Mostly just for fun, but also, attik34 throws in this vid. Camera broke half-way through, so we didn't get the best angles.

attick is not too shabby, could probably turn the hips and shoulders back further and keep better balance(more weight centered dynamically) for a bit more power.

Dan still need to brace your front side, your foot spins out early so there's no stopping the hips/shoulders to really whip the arm from the core.

Is bracing pass/fail, or % scale?

Is my timing better? Everything is so off from changing that up, it's really tough to try to focus on bracing.

So, heel pivot should happen after the disc is gone?

What is happening that makes it obvious that I'm spinning out?

It's really pretty frustrating to me that I've been working on bracing so long with no progress.

Latest posts