• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form, please.

Don't worry about the heel pivot, it will happen once you get balanced and braced properly. Your hit point is off to the right side too far as your elbow rounds the shoulder. Your caboose should stay more anchored in the finish, but you get thrown in the finish by it. This all comes back to the Hogan power drill and clearing the hips properly, tilted spiral, braced tilt, best downswing weightshift. Pretend you were trying to throw a sledgehammer, because that's effectively how much momentum there should be with the disc. You want to send/release all that momentum out to the target using your whole body.

I'm not used to the bent arm reachback and it looks as though you're not lined up correctly at reachback between the shoulder and the elbow. Have you tried a straight arm reachback?

Compare your big hyzer to Kallstrom's second drive which is basically the same shot and angle. He keeps his spine more upright, weight centered and has more hip rotation(cleared hip) knees more bent. Also watch the line the disc/elbow/shoulder coming through. And note how he stays down in the finish and his caboose has really anchored the shot. If you compare yours to Avery note the different spine angle through the finish. They are both well anchored in the finish although a little differently.

This is hard for me to put into words, but I will try (so much easier to do in person with props)

Think of how a towel snaps........the end in your hand needs to come to a stop or brace point as sidewinder put it. If the end in your hand is still going forward the towel won't snap.......

How does this apply to your situation?......Well....when you are following through the hit your momentum/weight is too far forward where you should be more rotary and upright. A little different than a towel snapping, but the same principles are being illustrated. Because you are going forward (I like to call it lunging and its a hard habit to kick because a lot of times it doesn't even feel like you are doing it and it can only be caught on video) at and after the hit you are losing potential energy that you would otherwise have if you were more upright and rotary. Its a very subtle change, but you might get another 40/50 ft if you can master it.

I apologize if that doesn't make sense, just thought an analogy could help.

This whole vid pretty much applies to you. Your lower spine sways and is not braced against the front side so you rotate about the rear axis instead of the front axis and the upper spine comes crashing down over the top.

Second one is definitely better on bracing the front side as far as a baseball swing and have a nice stacked finish. In the first one you can see your rear foot spin out so you never get the lower spine on the front hip. The second one is probably a good rear foot pivot for a baseball swing. I wasn't a good hitter, had power righty and accuracy lefty, but I had a mean arm. I still feel more leverage through the body RHFH over RHBH although it's come along. The heel should come up more from being pulled(shifting the lower spine), the heel will lead the toes forward and then come up. You should feel more leverage. Closing the stance so your weight can transfer from behind you should also help. Also swinging with just the lead arm and feeling the bat release out to the target. Start with the bat on your rear shoulder so it's almost like the right pec drill with your elbow forward. I'll do this sometimes with a Flex Bar like 18" long closer resembles a disc, or my camp time stool. A bat might be a little heavy and hyper extend the elbow, golf club is probably better although they are both quite long levers.

Right right. Just feels really awkward and herky jerky. I also got some bg lh swings, and it's a lot easier for me to diagnose there. Crashing, sliding, collapsing ... everything bad you can do in a golf swing I believe :thmbup:

Last one looked pretty good! Now just reverse everything. :)

Sooooo .... it actually looks like I'm getting more positions correct left-handed?

If I could only get that stupid thing to hold on ...:mad:

Thanks for the thread. That's a new one. Kinda raised more questions than answers for me, though.

If I'm not mistaken, this is going to require me to completely rebuild my swing from the hit back. Or one day get super lucky and just have a breakthrough.

I don't think it's a total rebuild, I think it's more of an adjustment to moving the hit point and getting leverage through it. Obviously starting from standstills/feet together will help improvement faster.

I tried feet together, but I still didn't feel anything change. Then, I started throwing off 1 foot, and I believe things are clicking now. I didn't get a whole lot of throws in today, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm looking for now.

I just wanted to check, since throwing off of 1 foot wasn't mentioned, that this was a thing that should help me feel how to brace.

Yeah I did one leg drills as well, which will also get some impressive distance. I guess that would be the appropriate precursor to feet together. :thmbup:

Right on; thanks man.

Couldn't say how far they were going, but I started knocking the net down when I switched to 1 leg.