• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Our local course has a pond in which we often throw discs, and sometimes swim to retrieve them.

Last summer the sighting of snapping turtles brought a new excitement to swimming, especially feeling along the murky bottom with bare feet for something hard and round.

Then back in December we partially drained the pond, which made retrieval much safer. But a handful of discs came out with leeches attached. Having never seen leeches before, they gave me the willies, and added yet more trepidation to this year's first swims.

But, so far at least, I still have all ten toes and all of my blood.

Never seen one of these so small

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-15-18-22-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-15-18-22-59.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 351

Turned up the fairway after recording this, and almost stepped on a 2nd one.

This was at Seneca Creek SP.

Do you know what kind of snake that is? I'm fascinated by them but all we get here is garter snakes.

Red headed wood pecker at Mt Airy last night at dusk, 1st time I've ever seen one feeding on a log on the ground. A few days before that saw a big turkey near the same area.

Never seen one of these so small
attachment.php
It was only a matter of time before Discraft came out with Mantis minis.

View attachment 53490
bohart ranch XC ski center, bozeman MT (ctier 7/25, atier 8/21&22)
on the day I took this pic running around the upper property looking at new course layout- I parked the mini truck to throw a few - on 2nd hole saw two moose very close to the green- they ran off in the direction I was going but never saw or heard them again, two holes later on an elevated tee there was a black bear in the fairway bout 200' away - I stepped back for a minute & when I looked again it was gone & I had no idea which way it went so I played the hole yelling loudly -and then got the **** out lolz....

I'd mess my pants if I came across a bear on the course.

I also had a shot land near squirrel. He (or she) took my disc and attacked it. Multiple bite marks and my g* tern had met its match.

Ran into deer, hawks, normal harmlessish wooded critters

A crow ate part of my lunch while I wasn't looking last week. One of the guys was giving me a hard time because I didn't just eat around the pecked at parts. Screw him and screw that d*ck bird. I WILL have my revenge.

Not quite a critter, but saw a wild horse on the Selah Ranch - Creekside course. It walked right up to my disc at the 4th hole, like it was marking it for me. Didn't notice it as I teed off.