• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

So the young bear apparently lives on my home course. I saw it again Monday. This is the third time I've seen it. It was climbing down from the top of a tree behind hole 7's short pad. Luckily there was light rain and no wind. The dog couldn't scent it. It moved off towards the back nine and my partner and I finished our nine hole match without further incident. He won 1-0.

Last edited:
see a lot of squirrels i'm planning on bribing them to grab my disc and move it closer to the basket...it's a natural hazard so it's legal right?

O88sbar.jpg

Disc landed near a snake on a course I threw last week. I don't think it was poisonous, but I'm no Steve Irwin.

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_111156126.jpg
    IMG_20180714_111156126.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 114
With cunning incompetence, I managed to get a 5 1/2 foot black racer in my house one morning, a few months back. As I'm also no Steve Irwin, I can testify that, even though it was non-venomous, my efforts to remove it jumpstarted my day in a way that mere coffee never could.

With cunning incompetence, I managed to get a 5 1/2 foot black racer in my house one morning, a few months back. As I'm also no Steve Irwin, I can testify that, even though it was non-venomous, my efforts to remove it jumpstarted my day in a way that mere coffee never could.

Admittedly, this wasn't a snake on a disc golf course.

It was a snake that was supposed to be on a disc golf course, but wasn't, and my frantic efforts to return it there.

Lol... I'll have to remember that phrase.

:thmbup:

You had to be there.

I walked out to carrying my trash, and as I went to walk back in I saw the snaked stretched out in the threshold, in the seam made by the wall and the porch. I didn't want to step over him again---I was confident he wouldn't bite, but my reflexes weren't----so I just nudged his tail, which normally sends black racers tearing off in the direction they're aimed at. Instead, he turned into the still-open door, presumably thinking the darker interior meant shade, and protective cover. And just like that, I had a crisis on my hands.

Please tell me you or someone shot video of this.

Flicked all the way from Canada to se ether new course.

Attachments

• 45F4BC54-9B58-4087-9FFC-8F2E828869A2.jpg
    45F4BC54-9B58-4087-9FFC-8F2E828869A2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 72
I once came across a couple of dirty hippies passed out in a hammock between two trees in the middle of the fairway.
Does that count?
I just kept walking. Figured natural selection had it under control.

Latest posts