• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Crown Me discs ?

Chucker60

Birdie Member
Anybody tried these? Extended family member bought a starter set with 2 drivers, 2 mids, 2 putters. They seem decent enough except 1 putter is sorta like an old school Wham-o frisbee. Haven't thrown them yet, wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks.

Approved last fall.
The great Amazon looks to be their 'vendor'. In fact, it has the very valuable Amazon Choice mark and One Day Shipping. Smells heavily of sterile enterprise producting from market data.
Could be Amazon itself?

"Sunny Sports Company Limited" used for the disc approval. Rabbit hole finding anything on that.

Ain't thrown em. Companies like these do nothing for Disc Golf. I like gear inside the ecosystem of DG.

OK, not sure what that means but thanks for the reply.

It is about offshoring, knockoffs and customer acquisition feeding off of the work that real companies do to grow the sport. There will be no Crown Me educational clinics, innovation, advocacy, customer support, sponsorships, grants, partnerships, goodwill, or jobs where the sport is played other than a drone distribution system.

Here is a little related read: https://discgolfreviewer.com/chinese-manufacturers-notice-disc-golf-on-amazon/

Well, somebody totally new to the sport bought discs and is going to give it a try. Maybe they'll like it and stick with it and over time realize (like Obi Wan) that "these aren't the discs you're looking for" and upgrade to some Innova or Discraft or whatever. Overall its a positive not a negative situation.

Well, somebody totally new to the sport bought discs and is going to give it a try. Maybe they'll like it and stick with it and over time realize (like Obi Wan) that "these aren't the discs you're looking for" and upgrade to some Innova or Discraft or whatever. Overall its a positive not a negative situation.

Agreed, in 2023. Lowest entry point quality has much improved.
I am a bit codgery. Probably need to do more regular They stuff to flush the system.
Cheap mystery brands for a long time were consistency so horrific they turned some people off. A million stories on this site. I miss finding disc golf stamped plastic plates on the course and trying to throw a corkscrew super hyzer backhand with it. About the only time I go true 100% effort. I used to stop and give away mids and putters to people seen with mystery 'disc' sets. as have countless others trying to save souls.

When i went to the DGC today i looked for the usual friends to play with. After playing about a dozen holes i decided to just hang around hole 1 & practice putting. Then i met a couple who were new to Disc Golf & she had bought a starter set of Crown me discs to get them into the sport. All the discs seamed to be made of the same plastic ( very stiff, stiffer than any DX! ). The driver although usable was quite over stable, both the same kind! The mids were average looking & the putters were,..1 looked identical to a Lightning Upshot ( only much stiffer! ) & 1 more modern looking putter with a rounded edge. They didn't have a weight on them but they all felt close to 170gms. I gave them a basic lesson on the fundamentals & he was soon out driving me! And i let her use my 150gm Champion Leopard & she was driving almost as good as me. So at least it got them into the sport. I told them to look online for discs in lighter weights and grippier plastic.

Anybody tried these? Extended family member bought a starter set with 2 drivers, 2 mids, 2 putters. They seem decent enough except 1 putter is sorta like an old school Wham-o frisbee. Haven't thrown them yet, wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks.

I've been disc golfing for 14 years. Recently, a coworker of mine took up disc golf. I told him to buy a starter pack from Innova, Disccraft, Discmania or Latitude 64. Much to my chagrin, he told me he got 6 discs and a bag for $30. I asked him what the brand was. When he said "Crown Me", I looked the manufacturer up on the PDGA website and realized the discs were PDGA approved last month. When we got to the park, I had an opportunity to check the discs out. Essentially , they are Innova starter disc clones. The plastic is like DX plastic. The drivers are Valkyrie clones (2). The midranges are Shark clones (2). And the putters are an Aviar clone and a Polecat clone. The discs fly like they should. I'm assuming Crown Me disc golf is an Amazon company. While this doesn't feel genuine in one way, a starter pack with enough discs to lose a few is great for a beginner. And with the quality of the plastic being as low or lower than DX plastic, this is a good way to get someone into disc golf before they turn to real plastic and dic golf innnovators as they improve. Bottom line, this corporate rip-off does work.

I found a Crown Me driver at my local course but left it on top of the basket for the next comer. Didn't give it a test throw but I remember the plastic being stiff enough to make Gateway blush

Crappy discs. The plastic is VERY hard and cheap looking. I would almost guarantee these came straight from China.

So crappy beginner level discs in cheap plastic?

For cheap too.

You can't just start on speedballs right away Tdub. Start off with a sniff or three before you go speedballing it. Ask Layne Staley.

Latest posts