• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CTP's for tie breakers???

CTP or Playoff

• Total voters
I would rather play it off. CTP's are only good for ace pots. Now, with that said, I do like the Clearwater rules. Playoff on 1-3 until there is a winner. No winner after 3 full holes...the CTP on hole 3 wins!! This resolves the time issue and combines both aspects.

C.T.P. gets it done!

C.T.P.'s are fine with me! I'll never forget the time Big Jerm (Pro) & Peter (bagger-Am) were the winners at the end of the day in their respective classes at the Mountain Sports Experience DG Tourney at Richmond Hill. They were tied on score (Bagger as mentioned before) so they agreed to throw-off CTP for final Champion of the day. They picked hole #18 basket with the tee box down in the parking lot. It was a couple hundred feet uphill shot. If I rememeber right, Peter threw first & his disc went right into the basket for an ACE! It was pretty awesome as nobody expected him to hole-out. Big Jerm threw next & it was a good shot but it didnt go into the basket! People were hootin' & hollerin' for a while after seing that shot! One shot decision! I like it!:clap:

C.T.P.'s are fine with me! I'll never forget the time Big Jerm (Pro) & Peter (bagger-Am) were the winners at the end of the day in their respective classes at the Mountain Sports Experience DG Tourney at Richmond Hill. They were tied on score (Bagger as mentioned before) so they agreed to throw-off CTP for final Champion of the day. They picked hole #18 basket with the tee box down in the parking lot. It was a couple hundred feet uphill shot. If I rememeber right, Peter threw first & his disc went right into the basket for an ACE! It was pretty awesome as nobody expected him to hole-out. Big Jerm threw next & it was a good shot but it didnt go into the basket! People were hootin' & hollerin' for a while after seing that shot! One shot decision! I like it!:clap:

That happened to me once, except it was a playoff not a CTP. Sam Price and I finished at -6 at NCC and had to playoff for first and he won the flip and tee'd off first and BAM it went right in. We had like 20 people watching too. Even though I lost it was pretty awesome. Ace pot was just shy of $500 but playoff aces dont get the ace pot.

Last edited:
Playoff. You didn't score the round based on who was closest. Golf is about utilizing several skill sets. It doesn't make sense to determine a winner with only one of them.

I very much prefer playing full holes rather than one throw to decide everything. It's as dumb as PKs deciding soccer games, whatever the actual contest is should be how ties are decided meaning full holes including drives and putts.

How would everyone feel if the hole/s favored your opponent?
As an am, most of the ctp's ive seen have been reachable for most. A playoff has a much higher chance to favor one player.

I have never heard a more stupid thing. I would be pissed. The playoff should be an awesome safari hole of course!

I'm personally NOT a fan of the one throw CTP to break a tie. I prefer a play off until somebody loses. I trust my game and not a single throw..

This happened to me last night and I lost my cash and I'm still aggravated BionicRib...;):p

LOL.........just saw this...........4 groups tied for 2 cash spots in a doubles league........"maybe 25 minutes left of daylight"..........oh and the course is deuce or die........(I'm thinking that playoff lasts a while)

I'm personally NOT a fan of the one throw CTP to break a tie. I prefer a play off until somebody loses. I trust my game and not a single throw..

This happened to me last night and I lost my cash and I'm still aggravated BionicRib...;):p

I Seriously think the OP should be reevaluated and then reposted on a new thread........this is for a weekly doubles league.........not a tournament. slash thread............:clap:.........im gonna go play some frogger

^^Thats turrible... I still don't like the CTP. Even if it was last cash, it's still cash. Sanctioned tourneys are obviously a different story...

Frogger.:|

;)

I think that a playoff is the way to go. After all, that is the way they do it in ball golf.

Is it? I don't play ball golf, but do many places have weekly doubles among club members, and playoffs to distribute the last $5 or $10? Even if they end up playing in the dark?

I picked CTP for one reason. I normally play skins for fun. So CTP helps win it, However if money or plastic is on the line. I go more holes.

Latest posts