• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

***CUSTOM Match Play rules***

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Our group has been playing a custom match play game this spring/summer and I have to say I have nothing but a blast playing it, especially with groups of four or five and "best of" doubles. Here's what we came up with: most points at the end wins.

1. A point is available per hole and can only be taken with a par(3) or lower(bird,ace)
2. If there is a tie for a bird or par(two or more players), no point is awarded on the hole. special ace rule below.
3. One mulligan per nine. the point leader can not mulligan. this is true for even those tied for the lead. mulligans can not carry over to the next nine.
4. Mulligan can only be used on the drive. then choice of throw can be used.
5. If a non-leader hits an ace he becomes tied with the leader automatically in overall points. if leader hits ace he can only take one point for the hole if no one else aces.
6. Tee privilege is given to the last point earner.
7. If there is a tie at the end of the round, only those tied will vie for sudden death on an agreed upon hole(s).

From these rules there new strategies that come into play, especially with safety throws, who is out, going for it, etc. ideas, comments, suggestions?

r-e-a-d s-l-o-w-l-y.........

(and if that is confusing I sure as hell know you haven't read the PDGA rules yet!) :)

Latest posts