• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

D&D Disc Names: Gateway vs Innova

jenb

* Ace Member *
I noticed a long time ago that Innova's line of discs are basically named after all the monsters and NPCs in D&D. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's one of the things I have liked about their line, and a major reason why I throw all Innova. I mean, as a former D&D nerd tard, I found the branding to be very attractive, and much more so than the Discraft branding that puts pictures of bees, to which I am allergic, on their discs.

Now I've noticed that Gateway seems to be following the whole D&D theme, but casting its discs as the heroes. Wizard, Warrior, Scout, Assassin; it's a veritable player class lineup. And they have Sabres, Magic, Voodoo, Demons (familiars of course) and other implements of heroism and heroic companions. It seems like they are taking on Innova in their branding scheme.

So my question is, how cool is that?

Actually know a few people that won't throw Gateway because of the fantasy names and demon names? Guess magic and stuff like that Gateway is Blasphemous or something?

That's a super smart move on Gateway's part. They have ensured that the rep of their disc line will not be smeared as a result of being thrown by narrow minded nut jobs. Brilliant! Genius!

Magic the gathering bag.... It's very easy to do.

There were girls who played D & D?!

Almost as rare as the female disc golfer. There's a D&D group here in DFW that's more than half women. I know, right?

EWWWWWWWWWWW Girls! :p

I throw innova because of the Beast, Valkyrie, Orc, Monster, even the Roc.
Why would I want to throw something that couldn't beat the crap out of you?
Surge? That's a defunct soda. Hornet? Grab a can of spray. Stalker? Who wants one of those?!?
Nuff said.

Make mine (AD&D) Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, please.

I wish that I could get Magic Missile, Fireball and Ball Lighting discs. That would be sweet! :)

I noticed a long time ago that Innova's line of discs are basically named after all the monsters and NPCs in D&D. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's one of the things I have liked about their line...I mean, as a former D&D nerd tard, I found the branding to be very attractive

Same here. That is why I bought my first Roc.

Sometimes, during solo rounds, I give my discs bonuses based on my throws. "That Champ Eagle is +2 against the wind, but -4 against apple trees."

Nerd, indeed.

What I really wish was I had is a Detect Plastic 30' ability.

Polyethylvision. :)

Sometimes, during solo rounds, I give my discs bonuses based on my throws. "That Champ Eagle is +2 against the wind, but -4 against apple trees." Nerd, indeed.

I'm just glad I didn't have a mouthful of Diet Pepsi when I read that!!!!! :p

What I really wish was I had is a Detect Plastic 30' ability. Polyethylvision. :)

Perfect! :hfive:

honestly i was wondering where they got their names for discs... now pardon if i sound retarded is D&D really where they got their names or is it just a happy coincidence

Latest posts