• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas Area

Bogey Member
Going to be staying in Addison the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving and might get a chance to throw a little. Can anybody recommend a course that would be good to check out?

i recently played Both Lester lorch courses and Lake lewisville, I'd recommend the lake personally if your short on time

Very close is Jimmy Porter and Greenbelt. Porter is better. A short drive away is Lake Lewisville and LL Woods. The Lake is the best of the four.

Ya greenbelt sucks. go to porter or the lake

Too many courses to choose from. Lester Lorch can't be beat and Lake Lewisville is really fun as well.

We'll be in the Dallas metro area the week between Xmas and New Years. Will the above mentioned courses be open? Living in WI many of the baskets get pulled for the winter, unsure if courses elsewhere have any down time this time of year or not.

Anyone in that area care to meet up while we're there for a round or two?

courses will be open.

i'd be up for a round or two but i'll be down in austin. have fun!

We'll be in the Dallas metro area the week between Xmas and New Years. Will the above mentioned courses be open? Living in WI many of the baskets get pulled for the winter, unsure if courses elsewhere have any down time this time of year or not.

Anyone in that area care to meet up while we're there for a round or two?

LOL The baskets will definitely not be pulled during winter here in big D. You don't have to worry about that.

Yeah, I didn't think they would be but I just wanted to be absolutely sure. Trying to show the b/f around the Dallas area in hopes that he'll love it (like I do) and want to move there, or atleast consider addin Dallas to the "list".

Being able to play disc year round is a big plus, but only if he finds the courses challenging enough. :)

Here is my opinion.

Order of "Challenging" - City - Course Name

1 Cedar Hill - Coyote
2 Cedar Hill - Beaver (both courses at same location)
3 Rockwall - Harry Myers
4 Fort Worth - Z-Boaz Park
5 McKinney - Towne Lake
6 Crowley - Bicentennial
7 Grand Prairie - Turner Park (no cement pads yet)
8 Arlington - Veterans Park
9 Haltom City - North Park (not all pads are in yet & will need a guide)
10 Lewisville - Lake Lewisville Park

I may be available during that time to be a guide for some courses. Let me know.

Harry Myers is my home course. I'd be happy to play and serve as a guide if you guys are interested. Whatever you decide, I hope that you enjoy yourselves and that the b/f is swayed by our great selection of dg courses.

We're on our way. Been on the road since 4am and we're nearing Springfield, headed Tulsa to visit friends and stay at their hotel for the night, then it's a quick 4hrs to Dallas.

We'll be staying w my parents, just north of downtown, near 635 & midway. I guess the courses we play will greatly depend on whether or not we have the baby in tow, Wednesday & Thursday, or not, the weekend. It doesn't matter to us but a course that's further away would require a little more planning (around nap times and bottles), not much though. If we planned in the morning for the following afternoon we'd be fine. We just can't run out the door at a moments notice or our cute little guy turns into a beast.

So, Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? Saturday?

Oh. Was wondering what was going on in the area for new years eve?

From 635 and Midway, the Carrollton courses mentioned above would probably be closest. BB Owen in NE Dallas would also be close. Go to the map feature and plug in zip code 75244.

And I don't know if you'll have time, but Tulsa is a DG mecca in its own right. Get a round in there somewhere if you can.

Latest posts