• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

I'm a Dart fan. I have two Echo Star Darts in my bag that I use for drives and up shots. Got my frist ace afew years back with one. Love the way this disc will hold any line and the glide they have:thmbup:

here's my prized putting possession: a super gummy DX black dart!

14903679915_c8b4ce3e3e_c.jpg

i LOVE the dart for spin putting, and upshots.

It really does hold the line you put on it. Straight 250-275ft tunnel shot, 275ft turnover shot, and even does great on those dog leg shots over 200ft (even off the tee) when you put hyzer or anhyzer on it - it'll just float and curve in the whole way. Its an excellent get out of jail disc too when you want to gamble and thread it through small gaps in between trees/obstacles.

For spin putting I use the short wrist based spin putt popularized by Dave Dunipace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0ak4GP_cg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-RlFIJOKg
^he's ornery and a little off base about follow through and use of legs/push off, but its a great, simple, easy to execute/repeat putting style that can give you confidence for those outside the 30ft circle go-for-it putts.

the one thing I don't like about the DX and R-Pro Darts is that they are so damn fragile. I bought a bunch of darts for putting practice and they get beat up so quick even when practice putting and hitting chains. I gave up using the DX darts for upshots and use the G-star instead. Fortunately the G-star dart is super durable even for those upshots that will land on rocks/boulders asphalt.

Is the g star similar to an r pro in flight? I felt one up at PIAS and it felt good, but that particular one had too much dome for me. I have some first or at least early run r pros that are not domey and I want something like that. They seem to glide a bit less but have a unique ability to hold tight lines.

Is the g star similar to an r pro in flight? I felt one up at PIAS and it felt good, but that particular one had too much dome for me. I have some first or at least early run r pros that are not domey and I want something like that. They seem to glide a bit less but have a unique ability to hold tight lines.

i bought a factory second gstar dart and it has superdome. lol...

I didnt like it at first, but as an upshot disc its pretty much perfect (because I don't have to worry about it getting beat up.. the gstar is so damn durable bouncing off trees/rocks/asphalt). its the one disc that if I lost I'd go directly to the store and buy one locally at retail price after playing.

also I have to say the more you use the DX versions, the flatter they become, I have my original DX dart which I used for both upshots and putting and played everyday for basically 4 months and the flight plate flattened out naturally.

comparing my gstar super domed dart to my flat broken dx one... the gstar holds lines just as well, i use it on two specific holes on my local course dog legs that require anhyzer backhand or hyzer forehand. The anyhyzer backhand holds its line so well (going downhill as well as the next hole which is uphill and has to clear about 15ft upwards) that I just stick with that shot over doing a forehand with hyzer.

Last edited:
Anyone else bought/used a G* Dart? Are they all supper domey? I haven't seen one yet and if I could find one, it just might fit a spot in my winter bag.

I felt them up at PIAS finally. Too much dome like the DX shape, and stiffer than I prefer for that mold. Just my opinion at least...

Thoughts on the Dart vs the Mako3? much difference between them? I have a R-pro domey Dart, and a Star Mako3. only difference I notice other than dome vs no dome is The mako will hold a little more power

Mako3 is a mid and not a good putter imo. The Dart is a great tweener for me. I use it paired for my upshots with a Zone. If I am outside my circle I'm either forehanding my Zone or Backhanding the Dart .

shouldnt the dart be compared to something like the foxbat?

The Mako is pretty similar in flight but faster. Other people here are better with dimensions but I think they are similar other than the Mako is wider? (NOT Mako3)

Foxbat is a different beast imo. Super domey and super understable.

I've been toying around with a GStar Dart as a driving putter, it's not really domey but some dome. Very HSS so far with just a mini fade. I like it so far.

Love the gstar dart for longer anny putts that need to get around an obstacle and really gliiide left to right all the way into the chains

Yeah I throw Darts, you got a GStar laying around collecting dust send me a PM. I know people hate the Dart, hehe. Send em my way, I got plenty of trades.

I use a champ dart for driving and upshots. And Rpro for putting. Love the way the Rpro sticks to the chains. Will also use the Rpro for shorter upshots. hits and stops really well.