• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Day of Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
He = $35.00
Me = $ 4.90

I win. :thmbup:

I respect everyone who is this prudent with their money, but to me it's peanuts. When I look at the entry fee, gas, food, snacks, sometimes hotel, buying discs, and all the other expenses I incur playing in tournaments, the $3 or $4 doesn't mean much. Heck, I blow that on soft drinks every 2 days.

I AGREE with those who see it odd that pre-registering online, and paying in cash on the day-of, often come to the same cost. But it's not a straight comparison; pre-registering by check is less, paying by credit card on day-of is more. It's like, well, comparing pre-registering fees and buying soft drinks.

I hate to repeat the obvious, but---

You're NOT being charged 10% to sign up ahead of time. You're being charged 10% for the convenience of signing up online, and/or for the convenience of paying by credit card or paypal.

:thmbup:

Send a check if you don't like it. No fees there, so you are being "encouraged" to do that. CC companies charge the transaction fee, so it has to be covered somewhere.

Its not so much a day of fee as it is a discount for not being lazy. why is everyone a procrastinator.

I'm suggesting that we try to understand the concept of not punishing the players that are doing what you want them to do (sign up early). Charging me $44.00 to play ADV by signing up online 3 weeks ahead of time when they will only charge you $40 the actual day of the event is wrong IF the TD's goal is to encourage early sign ups.

If TD's truly want players to pre-reg, this crap needs to stop. I'm tired of hearing lame excuses about internet fees. Factor in the projected cost of internet fees into your bottom line. Figure out what you need to charge to meet your payout goals and still make what you are looking to make for the event. Basically, just be a grown up and handle your business. I can't believe I'm actually having to explain this. This isn't our first rodeo. We have previous examples to base projected turnouts off of. Basically it's all just math at this point.

Dana, what part of us all taking a step back, reevaluating the current tournament sign up system, and trying to find a better way to run our events by rewarding early sign ups instead of charging them (on average $4) more do you not understand?

The PDGA is now marketing their memberships as a "discount" to every event you play in. TD's should look to do something similar with their tournament entry fees. Some already do, but in the south, our TD's do not and players get hit with extra fees for doing the right thing.

I totally agree with this. I just paid an extra $3 to pre-register for a tournament that apparently I'm the only sucker because I'm the only one thats currently pre-registered for the entire tournament. Not only that but should something happen that I cannot go I'm not even sure I can get my money back, so I put my neck out there with $31, and save the TD a bunch of hassle. Then someone else can just show up day of and pay their $28 and (according to most people here) this causes more of a pain in the ass for the TD, and somehow saves $3 in the process.

I totally agree with this. I just paid an extra $3 to pre-register for a tournament that apparently I'm the only sucker because I'm the only one thats currently pre-registered for the entire tournament. Not only that but should something happen that I cannot go I'm not even sure I can get my money back, so I put my neck out there with $31, and save the TD a bunch of hassle. Then someone else can just show up day of and pay their $28 and (according to most people here) this causes more of a pain in the ass for the TD, and somehow saves $3 in the process.

IT IS NOT A PRE-REGISTRATION FEE, IT IS A CC CONVIENCE FEE!!! What is so hard to understand about that?

If you have to pull out of the tourney ahead of time, you can usually get your registration money back. However, the CC fee is generally non-refundable.

babies.jpg

If everyone stops acting like ^^ maybe we can reopen this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts