• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

De-stinking discs?

cali

* Ace Member *
I recently bought a lot of about 100 collector discs from a local. When I was sorting them tonight, I noticed something that is just not going to fly with being stored with my other discs. They all STINK like cigarette smoke. It's disgusting. Anyone manage to get this nasty stink off their discs ever? I'm about to run a hot bath w/ a bottle of febreeze and soap and just dump them all in to soak overnight.

Help me get this stink off these things.

I'm about to run a hot bath w/ a bottle of febreeze and soap and just dump them all in to soak overnight.

This works well. I don't know about cig smoke, but an overnight soak in HOT water with laundry detergent works to get the pond scum smell out of discs.

i do this for throwers, but be careful if these are collector discs

I would consider pouring some alcohol in the bottom and let it soak in there for a little while. I'm not sure if it'll help your problem completely, but it makes my swamp discs smell like plastic and a little cleaner.

See what really sucks is half of these are unthrown collector discs. FR Buzzz's, CE's, Pat. Pends, First Runs...

God dammit.

I would consider pouring some alcohol in the bottom and let it soak in there for a little while. I'm not sure if it'll help your problem completely, but it makes my swamp discs smell like plastic and a little cleaner.

if he does this,the alcohol may mess up the foil stamps ,even if it is a little bit.

damn cali ...you always find the good deals...and your in OHIO....what the hell...i could understand if you were in cali....but OHIO..?

I've had some experience with discs saturated with cig smell and pond scum. Cig smell is usually tougher to get out, and it usually doesnt. What I've done in the past is just not store them with the other discs. Pond scum is much easier...hot soapy water usually gets most of it out. For some discs, the smell has penetrated the plastic so deep it will never come out, and your best option is to just not leave it near any of your others.

Well. Looks like I'll always have these 4 bastard child bins separated from the rest. Sad stuff.

store them in a sealed box with some air fresheners wouldn't want to destroy the stamp's trying to get the smell off.

place in a container and cover with baking soda, add water to make it a paste and cover disc with it and leave it for a day then rinse, stink should be gone.

Overnight soak in the sink with detergent gets most of pond funk off when you go to dry them don't stack so they have max air flow to carry the smell off.

What works is soaking a towel in minty listerine and placing the discs on top of it. Let them sit like that for a day or two. It will make the whole room smell like mouthwash, but the cigarette smell will be gone and your discs will smell like listerine for a long time.