• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dependable anhyzer driver?

pjbd10119

I'm looking to find a good solid anhyzer driver. So far i've used a valkyrie with decent results, and I just bought a glide which I was less than happy with on my first few throws, but I still have some time to get more used to it.

Any suggestions? Im not necessarily gonna go out and buy a disc tomorrow, Im just looking for some food for thought.

I'm a newish player with alot of rom for improvement, not too bad but definitely nothing to write home about. Maybe you know the type.

Thanks alot in advance!

-Pat

since you are a newer player you cant go wrong with a Leopard.. a lil faster would be...sidewinder, roadrunner or avenger-ss.. all pretty good choice..

Personally love my sidewinder. 161 gram champion, oooowwweee! That thing will turn like nobody's business, but won't burn. :thmbup:

I love to throw my hornet on an anhyzer

I use a beat sline td. and to clarify,i say theres no dependable anzer driver because while the disc does turn naturally in flight,its.up to your form,power etc to make ot do that. So really,ur form needs to be dependable. However really flippy discs to help . Though I can say ive thrown huge annys over trees numerous times and ive never gotten consistent results because of user error. Overstable discs are the only flight characteristic than can be dependable.

to the op. Try a leopard,roadrunner,light avenger ss,

I use a beat sline td. and to clarify,i say theres no dependable anzer driver because while the disc does turn naturally in flight,its.up to your form,power etc to make ot do that. So really,ur form needs to be dependable. However really flippy discs to help . Though I can say ive thrown huge annys over trees numerous times and ive never gotten consistent results because of user error. Overstable discs are the only flight characteristic than can be dependable.

to the op. Try a leopard,roadrunner,light avenger ss,

ok just wondered....im not like most that have a disc for a certain shot in the bag...i try to make my few discs that i have do what i need...sometimes it works and sometimes not...i was interested to hear what people say in this thread

@ booter, I can understand your thinking in terms of form, i dont want you to think im ignorant of that. My reasoning is this: I throw a star cro or z buzzz typically for mid range approaches etc. But whenever I need an anhyzer aproach I throw a z comet, it always turns real well for me basically without any effort, by effort i mean i dont really turn the nose up or anything. Im looking for a disc with a heavy turn.

Thanks for all the suggestions im beginning to look into them!!

I agree with several previous posts praising the sidewinder for this shot. There are several holes about 220 - 260 feet that I park this disc fairly consistantly; even in a headwind. For a shorter distance, I would go with a buzz. The main thing is to know your discs.

You mentioned that you have tried the Valk. Have you tried a Pro Valk. They work great for Anhyzers for me. Plus this way you are throwing a mold you are already familiar with.

RHFH makes it hard to throw annys IMO. Do you want something to turn fast then flaten out or just make a slow hard turn?

@ E-Rock25, just a long steady turn.. little to no fade.

just out of curiosity, what kind of disc turns and then flattens?

At my home course there is a hole that is great for RHBH players with a good hyzer spike. It has a 90 degree angle about 50ft in front of the pad, then is straight for 150ft to the pin. I throw a 150 dx firebird with a ton of RHFH anny on it it makes the turn and then goes straight. I have two aces on that hole with this throw. Its a blind hole and I am the only person I know who has an ace on it.

Try an Avenger SS for the turn you want. Its all in disc angle and it takes a while to get used to...