• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Design a stamp for summer camp program - Win a Hand turned trophy disc

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I am running a disc golf trip at a summer camp this year: http://camppepin.org/our-programs/trail-trip-camps-grades-6-12 and resident campers will be playing the onsite course all summer long. I would like to order custom stamped discs, I'll probably go the innova dx route (unless somebody presents an offer I can't refuse).

So, I'm looking for someone to design the stamp, in return I will give you a hand turned wooden trophy disc (examples shown below, actual disc will differ) or your choice of two hand turned wooden minis. If multiple people want to take a shot at it, I'll choose a favorite. Must be received by Tuesday, March 24.

A few points.

I'm looking for something that kids will say "that is so cool".
The Y logo must be included stand alone.
The ship wheel logo isn't necessary, just showing the camp logo, could be a direction the stamp could take.
Camp is located on lake pepin (Mississippi river), on deer island, deep in the river bluffs.
The course is called bald eagle, I use something similar to the American Eagle logo as my tee sign logo, Bald Eagles are abundant in the area and should be present.
Could include other camp activities such as: a tent, campfire, sailboat, etc, though not necessary.

Thank you helping me build the best program possible to introduce kids to the sport.

Any questions, please, let's work together to make this thing awesome.

Attachments

• ylogo.jpg
    ylogo.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 17
  • redwingymca.jpeg
    redwingymca.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 27
  • wooddiscs.jpg
    wooddiscs.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 56
@ Matt: Shoot John Dorn an email. As a fellow Outlaw; he may give you a good deal; especially if one of his children ends up with an image involved. He has a good collection of youth orientated/disc golf photos to choose from.

Might be worth talking to gateway, Dave's been known to give really good deals for schools and other good causes, you might be able to stretch your budget a little farther.

Martin, I work at a camp too and this is great. Idk if I'll have time by the due date bc we have our biggest spring camp this next week, but if you're willing to prolong that date til the end of the month, I'd be willing to try to help you out.

Yeah, I realize I didn't give much time. My mindset was that I wanted it done for next weekend when I host an event, as to say "here's what the proceeds from last fall's event went towards"

Thanks to those giving it a shot. If others need more time to produce a quality product, I would consider extending it a week or so.

Anybody else have anything they'd like to submit? What I've got so far is pretty good, but I'm guessing there's more out there!

All cool design could be a cat chasing around a dog that is riding a t-rex while throwing a disc.

I'm only descent at pencil drawings. But I was thinking the ship wheel as the basket pan with the y logo incorporated by making it a person putting into the basket with an eagle underlay across the entire flight plate.

I could try and draw you something up tomorrow night.

Sorry for the delay - The event last weekend paired with 14 hour work days. I'd like to thank Chaser0909 and crusadersounds for their submissions.

My favorite of the two came from crusadersounds, congratulations. You have your choice of a single full sized wooden disc or a pair of minis, let me know which you would like.

Attachments

• Camp Pepin Bald Eagle Art.jpg
    Camp Pepin Bald Eagle Art.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts