• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I picked up a 165g panda stamped color glow champ destroyer, and it bombs. I only got a few throws with it, and I recently changed my pull through a bit, so evaluating its stability is going to take a little more time, but in three throws I was consistently putting it out to 380-400 on a straight to fade line.

The disc looks very blizzardy, as Champ does these days, but it also has a bit of that bad blizzard texture to it. Its not as bad as some of the really scratchy blizzard I've seen, but its rough enough that it makes me concerned about how quickly it will season.

Is anyone else finding new champ runs with bad/textured surface blizzard bubbles? This seems like a pretty major quality control issue.

Yes, I've run across a few of these. The discs flat SUCK. They shouldn't even be put out. Not even as factory seconds. Found a Boss that was horrible. It was 160 and had the regular champ stamp. It was a rough blizzard look and the disc flew terrible.

Ya, this is what killed Blizzard for most of us. I have no problem with the concept of lighter weight discs, but the extreme inconsistency and the extreme lack of durability due to the surface bubbles pretty much made them trash.

Champ plastic isnt my fav. generally, but I really like the Color Glow Champ, which is suffering from the same issues.

I'm going to send them email respectfully telling them what I think about surface bubbles. Between that and nearly every mold being a meathook right now, it seems like Innova has some serious thinking to do about their quality control process.

I really love regular Champ plastic. This new opaque crap with blizzard bubbles in it I hate though. It produces lousy discs.

Its almost like Innova is so obsessed with creating lightweight discs that they don't care about anything else.

^^a bit on those notes I think in the destroyer's case the g* variant is so much more predictable and "destroyer"ish than many other XYZ Ds discs the point gets kinda ignored..

Yes, why is regular champion beginning to look like blizzard? Very odd

I hate to think the reason is purely financial but plastic+air costs less than plastic + weighting agent.

Yes, why is regular champion beginning to look like blizzard? Very odd

Get used to this, and the star to look like starlight. They are phasing out starlight and blizzard in favor of light star and champion plastics

Maybe they're tired of a Champ plastic having an indefinite life cycle? Swedish translucent plastic doesnt hold its flight nearly as long as champ. Fluid/Frost is pretty durable, but Lucid/Opto is still much more common, and significantly less durable.

I'm not sure going from 'indefinite' to a 6 week blizzard plastic cycle is the move though.

What is the most OS Destroyer I could get right now. I guess the easy answer is a Champion but are the new McBeth Star D's the most OS?

What is the most OS Destroyer I could get right now. I guess the easy answer is a Champion but are the new McBeth Star D's the most OS?

Tough to say. I've thrown some severely beefy Champions, as well as McBeth Stars. I'd almost say your best bet is to get a 175 Champion. It'll be very beefy and stay that way for a long, long time. The Star beats in at least a hair quicker.

These Destroyers I'm talking about here are more stable than an XCal.

The easy answer is a 175 Champion. Though it's a toss up between the Star McBeths & the newest run Champs. Both will work for a beefy Destroyer. I guess it just really depends on the individual discs. Either way you won't be disappointed. I wil say the most overstable Destroyers I've gotten in the last six months are two 175 yellow Luster Champions. I may have gotten two weird ones. Definitely more beefy than my McBeths & Champs. I don't have a lot of experience with Luster besides my two Destroyers though.

I heard a rumor that the newest run of McStars are much less OS and fly much closer to the numbers. Unfortunately I have yet too see any of them but if anyone can confirm this rumor some people would greatly appreciate it.

I saw a single post on Facebook stating that. Haven't seen anything else about it.

The new star destroyers getting delivered are certainly a new shape. Wider nose and a more concave wing.

I also saw CFR destroyers at an event today that had the word "Destroyer" embossed below the center ring instead of penned *DS.

- The end is the penned era is now! Get those last penned discs quick!

The Lusters are pretty beefy.

Yeah I got one from a a player's pack recently that I field tested today. Very high speed stable for sure. This mold is just like I remembered. Perfect for my FH's and a disaster throwing BH. Funny that way.

The new star destroyers getting delivered are certainly a new shape. Wider nose and a more concave wing.

I also saw CFR destroyers at an event today that had the word "Destroyer" embossed below the center ring instead of penned *DS.

- The end is the penned era is now! Get those last penned discs quick!

Did you throw any?

Latest posts