• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Is there still any love for the blizzards with bubbles in the plate? I won a 150g and thought there may be a few looking for these.

I am a noob, but I have 4 destroyers: BC 143, BC150, BC158, & G*175.

I use different ones for different lines, but they all are predicable and I get pretty good distance for a noob.

I have a feeling I will be buying some new ones cuz as my arm speed, form, and mechanics get better, the lighter ones start to turn over on me too much.

I have owned both a star and a champ Wraith a couple years ago and my experience is that they were no where nearly as OS as most star/champ Destroyers. I could get quite good distance out of Wraiths given enough space, but they required hyzer flipping and lots of lateral movement/height to get there. I think some of the older Wraiths that people talk about (pearly, PFN, etc.) may be a different story (I wouldn't know since I've never owned one), but my experience with the runs I tried a couple years ago is that they are similar to maybe the current E* Destroyers and fairly flippy.

When Destroyers first came out, I was throwing Wraiths for distance and had 1 or 2 Teerex's in the bag for headwinds and big hyzers. The Destroyer immediately kicked the Teerex out of the bag, but I kept throwing Wraiths for big S-curve distance. The Destroyer was actually a little bit of a specialty disc for me at first. So even the old Wraiths were nowhere near the overstability of an average Destroyer.

Of course there is a much wider variety of Destroyers nowadays. And I have no experience with newer Wraiths.

Cool, thanks guys. Good to know Wraiths are significantly less stable and it wasn't a one-off experience. I was just expecting a mellower PD type of flight and that Wraith wasn't in the same realm of stability. I'll be sticking to Destroyers, since they are the best!

I have a sample size of one, but the one I own started out (new, flashing still on) with a good bit of turn, and still decent fade. Probably a -2,2. I removed most of the flashing and now it flies more like a -3 or -4.. It was unbelievably flippy. I didn't like gash it all up removing the flashing either, there was still a small bit of it on there all the way around, I just knocked off the majority.

Buy a PD2. I love Destroyers but I don't hunt out the beeftastic ones. If I come across them then so be it, but I just use a PD2 as an OS bookend normally. I really, really enjoy it actually. I can wear Destroyers to flippy but can't wear them to more stable, so I never really carry any DDs besides Destros and a PD2. If I happen to lose my flippy Destroyer I might throw something like a Freedom in for a bit, but usually have a small stack of flippy ones on hand.

^ this is my new practice as well. As my s-line pd2s r breaking in they r replacing destroyers as well

^ this is my new practice as well. As my s-line pd2s r breaking in they r replacing destroyers as well

I considered grabbing some p pd2s and trying to cycle them over Destroyers, but I guess I'll let time figure out if a pd2 cycle is possible for someone with my power as opposed to someone like Simon.

Ya i got a beefy newer one and a fairly beat one bagged now. I still havent seen any turn out of the beat one and it's been nearly 6 months and some chunks. The plh is lower than the new one but i think these s-lines will cycle wonderfully. Its taken forever to get one beat to that spot my destroyers dont like to hold very long in that straight with a huge fade spot.

I can't seem to throw my destroyer... Overstable as heck. Can actually throw my putter farther than it!
You just need to crank over the top on that Destroyer and get some of that sweet, sweet, slow-mo S-curve action.

If that doesn't work... get a max-weight, fly-dye Champ Groove.

Does anyone have experience with throwing the metal flake Destroyers? Are these as crazy-stable as I expect them to be?

I haven't purchased one in a few months but in my experience the answer is no, not even close.

I haven't purchased one in a few months but in my experience the answer is no, not even close.

It depends on the metal flake you buy. the blue X-outs at the Innova Store are crazy stable, the maroon ones are straight. I love Destroyers but this mold has more discrepancies than a 5th graders book report.

Just had a lengthly discussion with a more than delightful kid from Facebook about Pre-Avery Destroyers. Ur opinions/facts are needed. Theres not much I dont know about destroyers but maybe I'm wrong.

Do Patent Numbers automatically make a Destroyers Pre-Avery?

I used to have some earlier run of Avery-Destroyers with patent# if my memory is still functioning good.

Honestly, I don't remember when they scraped the patent numbers off the mold. The Avery signatures started coming out around 2010. By that time there were still tons of Destroyers on the shelves with patent numbers that got stamped with the new stamp. I think the discs without patent numbers started coming out some time in 2011/2012.

So... Yeah, there are Avery-stamped Destroyers with patent numbers but I'm not 100% confident it's not just old stock Destroyers (which there were a lot of) stamped with a new stamp.

Honestly, I don't remember when they scraped the patent numbers off the mold. The Avery signatures started coming out around 2010. By that time there were still tons of Destroyers on the shelves with patent numbers that got stamped with the new stamp. I think the discs without patent numbers started coming out some time in 2011/2012.

So... Yeah, there are Avery-stamped Destroyers with patent numbers but I'm not 100% confident it's not just old stock Destroyers (which there were a lot of) stamped with a new stamp.

Thats what I told him as well but he was having none of that. He was trying to tell me that even if an Avery stamped destroyer has patent numbers on it that it is still a Pre-Avery.

Latest posts