• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I just wanna say that a lot of star destroyers are swirly, and a lot of star destroyers have a higher parting line than a beat up old *D...these two features alone do not make a disc as valuable as something with a limited run tour series Wiggins stamp on it.

However there is always a good market for a good flying swirly Destroyer!

All the Wiggins Destroyers I saw had a bit of a uniquely shaped top as well. They had a very squared off wing, and very flat. They looked/felt a bit like a Destrulcan except that they flew very OS. I'm not sure from your profile pic because you don't show the whole top of the disc, but it doesn't LOOK like the squared off tops that the Wiggins Destroyers had to me.

All the Wiggins Destroyers I saw had a bit of a uniquely shaped top as well. They had a very squared off wing, and very flat. They looked/felt a bit like a Destrulcan except that they flew very OS. I'm not sure from your profile pic because you don't show the whole top of the disc, but it doesn't LOOK like the squared off tops that the Wiggins Destroyers had to me.

Agree 100% on all accounts

Well, after throwing one of these swirlies I'm holding onto them. Plenty stable and fast being flatter than most, thrown flat out to 385-410 it held straight a long ways and gets a good fade at the end. Held up in headwind, yet not far off max D distance. On a side note, I was stoked not only on these destroyers that day but also on the Shelton springs course I played while I was in the area. Awesome course hour from Seattle, best I've played in Washington.

Well, after throwing one of these swirlies I'm holding onto them. Plenty stable and fast being flatter than most, thrown flat out to 385-410 it held straight a long ways and gets a good fade at the end. Held up in headwind, yet not far off max D distance. On a side note, I was stoked not only on these destroyers that day but also on the Shelton springs course I played while I was in the area. Awesome course hour from Seattle, best I've played in Washington.

Shelton springs is an awesome course!

limited run, on sale soon.

afd2_zpsn09dow9p.jpg

afd_zpstcppou4s.jpg

^^yeah when/where. I know I've got a market for 2 of them at least. Dang those look nice.

Getting a little tired of the muted colors on the pro shop destros. Brighten it up and it might find a place next to my Wiggins.

So i noticed in the "in the bag" thread that people carry 5 destroyers.

Im just wondering what yall use each one for.

Im taking a guess some people slot a dedicated roller, in which my most beat champion isnt there yet and once super flippy will be a dedicated roller destroyer . My echo star is my flippy one and i use it for rollers, but prefer a champ roller disc. Used to use a beat champ sidewinder but lost it in a ditch :(

I bag four and only ever found a need for four.

Just curious.

Im taking a guess some people slot a dedicated roller, in which my most beat champion isnt there yet and once super flippy will be a dedicated roller destroyer . My echo star is my flippy one and i use it for rollers, but prefer a champ roller disc. Used to use a beat champ sidewinder but lost it in a ditch :(

Just curious.

I currently carry 4 in my summer bag, but that is only because my current roller of choice is a zero G Scorpius. If I were carrying a Destroyer as a roller, it would be 5. The breakdown for me is like this:

GStar: Pretty flippy, always finishes right
GStar: Big distance, flips, glides, and fades back, but needs room to work
Star: Workhorse, very straight, lots of glide, moderate fade
Star: Fresh meathook, very OS

Just curious.

I only carry one long distance/max distance driver, but I do carry three control drivers (TL, FD, River)(Fury, Thunderbird, maybe Saint) for different shots. Sounds to me like the power throwers do with Destroyers that noodle-arms like myself do with control drivers.

I only carry one long distance/max distance driver, but I do carry three control drivers (TL, FD, River)(Fury, Thunderbird, maybe Saint) for different shots. Sounds to me like the power throwers do with Destroyers that noodle-arms like myself do with control drivers.

Destroyers are very controllable discs for a distance driver, which is probably partially why so many pros throw them. I only carry 1 real "max distance" Destroyer in my bag. The others are all for controllable distance drives, so you're probably right (not that I'd consider myself much of a "power thrower").

I suspect that lots of people who carry loads of Destroyers also carry 1 or 2 as backups. In a tournament situation I'd probably carry 1 extra, a backup for my workhorse Star Destroyer.

Just curious.

I carry 3 or 4(if it's really windy(20 mph+), which it is a lot in MT)

FAF BS Star - dumb OS for strong winds
BS Star - FH's and normal windy days
*D - nicely beat workhorse
Pro - beat, flippy, rollers, tailwinds, max D fun

I usually have 4-5 in the bag but mostly because I'm trying to beat a couple in and get some dirt on em. I think I could live with 2-3 and have most of that distance covered.