• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Just got out to throw a new destroyer I got, my first, for a round on my friends farm course. Let me say, I have no where near the backhand power to throw a destroyer at all! But forehand... Wow.

This is a 166g pink 3 line AJ with a few swirls. I grabbed it at sports authority, because it was on sale and I figured I'd work up to it. Backhand it's good for 280 ft hyzers
for me. That's fine, I can hit some decent over stable lines with it and it's got a decent skip, so it's foot for that.

Forehand, I was consistently hitting 390-410 on low lines. This thing turns just a little and fades smoothly thrown flat. On a mild hyzer flip it just pops up and is GONE. It just gets out dead straight and goes. My friend, who throws about 430-450 backhand tried it out, he said it's a bit more over stable than his star destroyers, but he liked it a lot.

Really glad I bought this on a whim. It's my new max d forehand disc, and is easy to get out there. Now to get that distance backhand!!

I have a MUCH better fh than bh. Was consistently maxing at 360-375 before with an s-pd. Never thought to disc up, but glad I did. The destroyer is a bit more wild for me, but I'm confident I can tame it. That extra distance is key for a few holes around here.

Threw a McBeth Star Destroyer for the first time today. MONSTROUSLY overstable. Easily the most stable Destroyer I've thrown to date. This disc doesn't even resemble first run Stars in terms of flight. I had it going vs. an XCal and I think the Destroyer was more stable.

Not a fan. I miss the good long, glidey Destroyers.

Threw a McBeth Star Destroyer for the first time today. MONSTROUSLY overstable. Easily the most stable Destroyer I've thrown to date. This disc doesn't even resemble first run Stars in terms of flight. I had it going vs. an XCal and I think the Destroyer was more stable.

Not a fan. I miss the good long, glidey Destroyers.

I have 2 star Destroyers and both are WAY overstable. I have to throw my first destroyer on an anny to get it anywhere. As its beat in I can now throw it fairly flat and get decent drives out of it, nothing to write home about.

I did get a chance to throw a Mystere and that thing easily out distance my star destroyers with much less effort. If I can get a hold to a few of them the Destroyers are out the bag for sure.

I have 2 star Destroyers and both are WAY overstable. I have to throw my first destroyer on an anny to get it anywhere. As its beat in I can now throw it fairly flat and get decent drives out of it, nothing to write home about.

I did get a chance to throw a Mystere and that thing easily out distance my star destroyers with much less effort. If I can get a hold to a few of them the Destroyers are out the bag for sure.

See, I loved the old Destroyers. These newer ones don't even feel like the same mold and don't fly remotely the same as older models.

First run Star Destroyers are some of the best drivers I've ever thrown. For whatever reason Innova keeps making them more and more stable. Not a fan.

Picked up a couple pro destroyers today, dunno if this a new run or not but they look and feel awesome. Nice even dome without being too pop toppy and the plastic is a little gummy. Stoked to toss them tomorrow morning.

Picked up a couple pro destroyers today, dunno if this a new run or not but they look and feel awesome. Nice even dome without being too pop toppy and the plastic is a little gummy. Stoked to toss them tomorrow morning.

Found a FlyDye Pro Boss on the course with the same plastic. Very nicely shaped and the plastic almost feels like GStar and star mixed. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

edit - I'm not getting my hopes up in the durability department but as far as feel and shape - amazing

Last edited:

Please report back. If they are making stable pro's right now I will be a very very happy camper

The brand new pros they're pumping out now are slightly domey and pretty stable! Not as stable as a few of the crazy OS star mcbeths I have but pretty similar to the swirly brinsters. Knowing that garuntee they turn into a bomber without getting too flippy. Also the few I seen at the warehouse have some pretty crazy swirls in them for being Pro. If you see any out on the market pick them up!

Sounds like I may need to pick up a couple new Pro's to add to my already large collection of Destroyers.

It saddens me to see how crazy overstable these new PM Star Destroyers are. It would take me YEARS to beat one in enough to turn. The holes long enough for me to throw them locally are pretty wide open, so they take a long time to season. Which sucks because I prefer the Star plastic the most. Luckily from a pure performance standpoint, we have the G-star which has a flight very similar to a beat up Star.

I really hope I don't lose either of my two worked in Avery Destroyers anytime soon.

It saddens me to see how crazy overstable these new PM Star Destroyers are. It would take me YEARS to beat one in enough to turn.

I've been out of the Destroyer world for a while now. Are the PM Star Destroyers the most OS right now? I only ever used the Destroyer for long OS FH shots. The Crush fills that role now but I think I'd like to get a little more speed. It was always too fast for me to throw BH.

Yes, SUPER beef.

Assuming you don't get a PM stamped older run that is not beefy at all. I've seen a couple and owned one.

There are two PM stamps that are most prevalent in current stock, both beefy. One is very OS with no glide so it just dumps which is cool if you like discs that don't fly, the other is very OS but has glide and is an amazing disc.

To everyone complaining about how OS the new run of McBeth Destroyers is, I have 2 words for you: Sirius Scorpius. Enjoy and you can thank me later. :D

Assuming you don't get a PM stamped older run that is not beefy at all. I've seen a couple and owned one.

There are two PM stamps that are most prevalent in current stock, both beefy. One is very OS with no glide so it just dumps which is cool if you like discs that don't fly, the other is very OS but has glide and is an amazing disc.

I think I have one of both, one would just dump OS HARD, not as much now that its getting beat in very, very slowly from smacking tress hard.

The second I bought a few weeks ago is slightly lighter, slightly more domey top, still dumps but glide much further.

The mystere or a light weight Tern is a better choice for me. I'm still throwing the destroyers to beat them in to a point where they are really useful, they are more like throwing literal rocks right now..lol

The mystere or a light weight Tern is a better choice for me. I'm still throwing the destroyers to beat them in to a point where they are really useful, they are more like throwing literal rocks right now..lol

If you hate them just trade them to someone who thinks they are valuable to their bag. Or flick them into a bunch of trees, skip them on parking lots, etc. No sense waiting a year for a disc you actually want to throw. If you want to throw a Destroyer you can handle better look into Gstar or Pro...I love the Destroyer rim compared to the Tern so if you want a -1/3 flight or more mellow, look into other plastics for that flight sooner.

After a bunch of skip shot abuse and spike hyzers, I had a Firebird-like AJ turn into a somewhat glidey straight to medium fade hyzer disc, but it still isn't as long as some other straight to fade drivers I have tried (I want to try a few more Defenders...). They should become useful for you eventually, but I imagine it will take A LOT of time if you want it to turn and bomb.

What's funny about all this was that two years ago all I ever heard on this page was, "Where are the super beef destroyers?" " Why don't they make destroyers stable like they used to?" 150 G Japan open super beef and avery SDS super beef destroyers going for 50-100$ but now they give people consistently super stable destroyers, 80% complaints. They're finally putting out a completely consistent ( give or take a few anomaly's ) product and people complain. Like someone said in an earlier post, too stable, try a different plastic. Echo's have great glide and are significantly less stable. Also scorpius' are great discs with mega domes if that's your thing.

Latest posts