• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Why would you even carry 3 shrykes?

I need to update my sig as I only carry 2 of them now. I use the Shryke as my understable distance driver. Use it for max distance with tailwinds, and big turnover shots that I want to finish right. I also use the "more" stable one for forehand shots, since I don't have much power with my forehand.

I actually carry 3 Shrykes now. I've got a proto-stamped GStar (quite understable, good for uphill bombs, big turnovers, tail winds, etc.), a stock GStar (probably flies about -1.5, 2.5 for my arm, reliable left finish at about 380 feet on the course), and a Madison ColorGlow Champ for slightly more stability (about -1, 3). On some courses those are the only distance drivers I carry. If it's windy or I need a little more stability I'll also carry a GStar or Star Destroyer, but the Shrykes generally fly further for me on any sort of understable distance line than Destroyers without having a super wide, uncomfortable rim like a Boss.

We got about 50 of the Brinsters in and noticed that a few did not have the embossing on them and they did not have anything written on the bottom except for the weight. Looks like they are starting to get lazy with the embossing?

We got about 50 of the Brinsters in and noticed that a few did not have the embossing on them and they did not have anything written on the bottom except for the weight. Looks like they are starting to get lazy with the embossing?

Are you positive that the ones with only pen are the new "splatter" and not just some old stock "swirly star" from last year that they stamped up with the new Brinster stamp? I'm guessing either that or they are an early test run of splatter that was done before the new embossing (or they didn't bother with the embossing because it was a test run).

Got any nice blue ones I could buy?

To avoid excessive wear and tear on the old shoulder my new defenders, and all the star destroyers I have bought have gone into a hold status.

Two of the beef stars from the factory store are in my disc collector bin. These things are so dam os I know they''ll be worth something.

The blank tops are going to be for special use. Super windy days kind of thing.

The pink bio defenders will be in that class as well. But one of the defenders will be worked into my forehand rotation...cause I need to throw more forehand shots I think.

Guys, I'm out of the defender/destroyer game for backhand make the bag kind of thing.. With an aging shoulder they just hurt me some days..

My slower speed discs like the PD's in the champ plastic are long enough and overstable enough most days.

Minus the philos, with the softer plastic. Those will come out in the fall and spring when it the temps are lower like 60 f.

I max out about 450 and have touched 500, so I have the arm for destroyers, but there's no need because I can cover most other lines and be less dependent on wind/altitude/the day with slower discs... I lose maybe 15 feet, but gain a ton of accuracy.

90% of people throwing destroyers shouldn't really be bagging them outside of an OS utility disc anyways.

Destroyers are great and it's super cool to throw what the pros are throwing, but most players would be better served by something like a wraith.

I don't know what the % actually is but I get your point.

The new run is much more user friendly.

90% of people throwing destroyers shouldn't really be bagging them outside of an OS utility disc anyways.

Destroyers are great and it's super cool to throw what the pros are throwing, but most players would be better served by something like a wraith.

I bag a couple of Destroyers (1 GStar, 2 Stars [1 Pre-Avery, 1 beefcake]). I use the GStar where I could lose the Pre-Avery espicially for long hyzers. I use the beefy Star like a longer FireBird. I only throw about 400' but I find the Destroyer suits me better than a Wraith and goes slightly further with no accuracy drop off. My PDs are good for 360' but not into a headwind. I bonded more with the Destroyer than the Wraith and I find that the Destroyer is more FH friendly. The Wraith just doesn't quite fit right in my hand.

What is everyone's thoughts on the MF destroyers. So is it worth getting one?or 3? Any different from other champ destroyers? I bag an old echo star, a new echo Star, and a PFN star right now. I want something that will stay stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want something that will stay stable look for a 4x McBeth from the last run... I've got one that is pure beef for me (450 max, have sniffed 500 a handful of times) and still beef for a buddy of mine who throws FH's 500. Not in use as it only goes 375 tops...

Looking for a Destroyer that is stable but not a meat hook...

For reference I can throw 425 or so. Turning my Sheriffs way too much lately.

What type(s) do you suggest?

Get a philo destroyer and be happy. If u can't find a philo, go to your store and check out a couple stars in person

A Philo is a good suggestion, but if you want cheaper and more available, grab a GStar. I can hit around 400 and a fresh GStar Destroyer has a little wiggle of turn, but plenty of stability for a reliable hyzer finish. I hear the newer embossed Stars are a little less stable than the earlier meat hook McBeths, but I'd still want to check them out in person.