• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

still trying to get more flight reports on the second run philos

I got three of them, they fly like a real stable wraith or a beat in destroyer. I get a little less turn than my wraiths and more fade for sure, but you can still shape a shot with them. Super nice really, going to try and get a few more. hope that helps.

thanks. I was concerned that because the run was so flat they might not have that glide that destroyers typically have. thanks again for the flight report.

I picked up 3 blue F2 175g star dest with a hint of white swirl near center. They definitely all look and fly as if from the same run. They are crazily OS, like my star max. I have thown and have a bunch of other star ds that are not anywhere like this, even more recent runs. My question is that they are not supposed to be like this right? If I had to give these flight #, id say 12 4 0 4. So maybe I answered my own question. I feel like these would fly like pmb's destroyers from the GLO. Full power slight hyzer release, they almost make it to flat then fade. Alas i dont have 600' of power. Not sure what to do with them, my tendency is to beat on them until they chill out, but idk.

I picked up 3 blue F2 175g star dest with a hint of white swirl near center. They definitely all look and fly as if from the same run. They are crazily OS, like my star max. I have thown and have a bunch of other star ds that are not anywhere like this, even more recent runs. My question is that they are not supposed to be like this right? If I had to give these flight #, id say 12 4 0 4. So maybe I answered my own question. I feel like these would fly like pmb's destroyers from the GLO. Full power slight hyzer release, they almost make it to flat then fade. Alas i dont have 600' of power. Not sure what to do with them, my tendency is to beat on them until they chill out, but idk.

They might be from the first couple of runs after McBeth got the Destroyer. If you post a profile pic we could confirm my suspicion. I've thrown new DS in Echo and Star, and they've varied between 12, 2, +1, 4 to 12, 6, -1.5, 2. Most of them fly closest to 12, 5, 0, 3 or 12, 5, -1, 3.

so, I admit I'm a little late to the party, but are these still desirable? how do they fly compared to what's been put out more recently?

XtbTXOZ.jpg

so, I admit I'm a little late to the party, but are these still desirable? how do they fly compared to what's been put out more recently?

I'd have to dig out mine and check, but I think those are from a pre-embossed run right? So in that case, they're probably quite a bit more overstable than the recent embossed runs. In terms of desirability, if it's unthrown I'm sure the collector's market for them is probably pretty high, as with most limited run Destroyers from more than a year ago.

I'd have to dig out mine and check, but I think those are from a pre-embossed run right? So in that case, they're probably quite a bit more overstable than the recent embossed runs. In terms of desirability, if it's unthrown I'm sure the collector's market for them is probably pretty high, as with most limited run Destroyers from more than a year ago.

Yes, pre-embossed. However, from my experience Innova scrambled for whatever Destroyers they had laying around in the warehouse and stamped them with that stamp. I have 10 of them, and they're from probably 5-6 different runs. Some were so old that the ink underneath was fuzzy because it started to bleed into the plastic. It's hard to tell how any one grand slam flies since you don't know what run it's from.

Got a chance to throw a new CG star Philostroyer yesterday.

On paper, this thing is perfect for my straightest distance driver slot: 168g, pretty dang flat, medium PLH. Flight plate felt a little too flexible, even for my tastes. But yesterday afternoon we had ~90°F heat, so I'm holing out hope that it will be a touch stiffer in normal Montana weather.

First few throws it was flying straight to fade. Basically no noticeable flip. Fade was a little bit harsher than I'd imagined, so it didn't go as far as expected. Almost Thunderbird type flight. But the thing was brand spanking new, so not altogether surprising that it was acting pretty OS. I'm guessing it'll break in to fly nice gentle S-curves. Might sand off some flashing to expedite that process.

Has anyone thrown the new Brinster Destroyers? How insanely OS are they this year?

What's the least stable run of Destro.

InfiniteDiscs carries lots of Star Destroyers, including weights under 140 gms. I have been getting some, and have found the super light ones to have a good bit of turn. If you get a variety of weights, like say 136 gm, 145 gm, 150 gm, 158 gm, 161 gm, and 168 gm, you will have a good spread of stabilities right out of the box. It is an easy way to immediately have a full spectrum.

Be aware that as you get towards the upper 160's gm weights, the discs sometimes become quite overstable, but not always - it depends of the disc. But, at the lighter weights, I am confident that they will be easier to work with.

The last Echo Star run. Color red. They are hard to find and close to rollers after a few good tree hits. Buy any Pro Destroyer and after some punishment they turn floppy quickly.

I could get on board with this if we're talking only premium plastic. I had a red Echostar with a big pop top dome a few years ago (not sure which run it was from, probably not the last), and it was an almost instant roller.

If we're not talking premium plastic, then don't forget DX; that's probably the flippiest.

Lol, DX Destroyer. They do get flippy really fast. We had a friend that threw one for a month or so. First few throws were stable, then he got surprised when it became roller flippy after 2 rounds. We were amused.

Do the flippy red echo stars look like this?

destroyer_echo_star_echo_star.jpg

I ask, because I found one at Diamond X on Saturday. Factory ink is "EDS". It's pretty flat though. Haven't thrown it yet.

Latest posts