• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Anybody know anything about The Jaranator? I saw it on the map today. It's listed as a private course, but doesn't have any info contact info. Is this a legit course, or just something on someone's land (not that a course on some guys land can't be legit, but I think you get my point).

-Edit
OK, looking at the Google street view, it looks like it just goes up to a gate on some slightly rural property.

Last edited:
I saw that for the first time too the other day. Not much info from the 2 people who say they have played it but one of them - aka JeffthroW - has this line in his profile:
'Jaranator' in Lancaster is super fun aka (County Line dgc)Multiple tees!!it deserves to be in the arguable top 10 for sure in DFW as of 2014.

If anyone knows him or 'xcaosxgirlx' perhaps they can shed some light...

Anybody know anything about The Jaranator? I saw it on the map today. It's listed as a private course, but doesn't have any info contact info. Is this a legit course, or just something on someone's land (not that a course on some guys land can't be legit, but I think you get my point).

-Edit
OK, looking at the Google street view, it looks like it just goes up to a gate on some slightly rural property.

Here is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165550446955159/

The first sanctioned event was held there in December, http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16554, so it's legit.

It is on Matt Jara's parent's property. The real name is something like, "The Ranch DGC at County Line," but after playing it (and knowing the early design), people kept saying, 'I got "Jara'ed" on hole X,' and that evolved into the nickname "The Jaranator." Very tightly wooded with a few open holes, once you play it you'll understand.

The tee types are listed as natural. I still have not played it but i thought Matt installed concrete out there.

Edit- you just missed cash by one A Ray.

Last edited:
Does anyone know Brandon Burgland? We found an ace disc belonging to him yesterday. Name and PDGA number on the disc but no phone.

Just an FYI to anyone interested. I played little elm for the first time in several months and it wasn't that muddy. Still a bit of mud but def playable.

anybody know what is happening out at Gateway?

i played it when 2 holes (5 & 6, i think?) were missing baskets but now the back 9 seems to be pulled also. getting some reviews slamming it in the last few weeks.

is the course slowly dying or is there just maintenance/construction/etc going on for a bit?

anybody know what is happening out at Gateway?

i played it when 2 holes (5 & 6, i think?) were missing baskets but now the back 9 seems to be pulled also. getting some reviews slamming it in the last few weeks.

is the course slowly dying or is there just maintenance/construction/etc going on for a bit?

I heard that the city took it over; the club is no longer providing maintenance.... they are going to do some different things with the park and the DG section is in the way.

I heard that the city took it over; the club is no longer providing maintenance.... they are going to do some different things with the park and the DG section is in the way.

I hope this isn't the case. I liked the course. The Z is too crowded, saddle hills is a little rough, the briar is too open.

If true, it's sad.

I hope this isn't the case. I liked the course. The Z is too crowded, saddle hills is a little rough, the briar is too open.

If true, it's sad.

Rumor has it Brandon Melton, who put the course in the ground, took the baskets for his "Texas Disc Golf Association" event. Don't know if they will return due to soooo much drama within the club.

Its a sad thing to see with the Monthly bagtags going so well, or so I thought at least.

this sounds like BS, no offense

brandon replied to my query on FB and said that the back 9 was closed for brush removal and 3 baskets from the front 9 are stolen. says the course should be back in shape by the end of the month.

i proposed a fundraising event once the back 9 returns to replace the missing baskets. he seemed to like the idea. we'll see

Denison Open May 10th

The Denison Texas Open - May 10 B-tier am, C-tier pro Limit 90 players
The Denison Open Presented by the Denison Parks and Recreation, this event is open to all men and women, and included in Women's Global Event. This beautiful park with mature oak trees and rock walls is a great setting for tournament play. Over 7000 feet long, with all of the amenities you expect from an HB Clark signature design and built course.

Pre register by April 21st to get a shirt added to your amateur players' package of a custom Innova G-star stamped disc.

A limited number custom glow ROC3s can be pre-ordered with registration.

The Z is too crowded, saddle hills is a little rough, the briar is too open.

this is all true. but it's too bad cuz i think saddle hills is a great course, it just needs a bit of work put into it to polish it up some.

i've always been a fanboy of that course since the first 9 holes went in. the new 9 adds just about everything the original 9 was missing. it just needs leveled tees, creek crossings, and signs.

this is all true. but it's too bad cuz i think saddle hills is a great course, it just needs a bit of work put into it to polish it up some.

i've always been a fanboy of that course since the first 9 holes went in. the new 9 adds just about everything the original 9 was missing. it just needs leveled tees, creek crossings, and signs.

The group of guys I'm a part of are mostly grandmasters. There are a couple of masters in the group. The back nine at Saddle Hills is one of my faves, but getting our group out there is almost impossible. Some of the guys remember the climbs and heavy brush and want no part of it. I can't blame them. It's a long way from the east side of Dallas and there are better couses on the way... as far as fun is concerned. Gateway was one of our favorite courses. Plenty of challenge, pretty easy to get around.