• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Yeah, where she lives now doesn't have too many real trees for her to practice around. I gave her a new Pro-D Buzzz between rounds and was trying to work on different angles of release. Although, it was a lot to take in, in a short amount of time.
She has a great reach back and once we get her footwork/grip together, she'll be throwing pretty far. It's kind of hard for me to teach her because I use a non-conventional grip.

All women cheat duh. My fiancé recently out drove me on a few holes at town lake, obviously she must have been cheating some how.

/sarcasm (about the cheating part)

Just take it as a complement, they feel threatened so they say you cheat.

Yeah, where she lives now doesn't have too many real trees for her to practice around. I gave her a new Pro-D Buzzz between rounds and was trying to work on different angles of release. Although, it was a lot to take in, in a short amount of time.
She has a great reach back and once we get her footwork/grip together, she'll be throwing pretty far. It's kind of hard for me to teach her because I use a non-conventional grip.

I hear you. It doesn't have to be trees though. You could get 4 or 6 tiki torches and make a tunnel. I practice throwing through a gap between my house and detached garage. It works.

As for grip, maybe show her the snap drill videos. I do the snap drill with a timed pinch down before I throw.

Was this during the first round? I was on your husband's card in round 2. While the card talked about the women briefly, I don't remember anyone saying that you guys (or you in particular) cheat. If anything, we discussed how the women's card were shaping better shots than some of the guys we saw. Then again, they might have been talking about it while I was still sulking about throwing my vector in the creek.:doh:

Turns out it was a not so recent tournament. It was last year. Sorry for the confusion.

Announcing a new DFW mini

info on the course page at DGCR. Sunday afternoon minis at Crossroads Church in Duncanville. Player meeting at 3pm sharp. See you all there!!!

Since our option was run the minis at the same time or move ours we decided to run them at the same time. We did a lot of research before we changed our mini to the 3pm on Sunday time because we did not want to overlap any minis that were close. It is what it is I guess.

I was talking about the Cedar Hill mini. Having two minis that close at the same time is not ideal at all. I already saw someone in this post saying they would be going to the crossroads mini instead of the Cedar Hill mini.

Finally made it out to Crossroads. Only played the first 8 holes as the little guy was ready to go home. From what we played it wasn't impossible with the stroller but having it made a difficult course that much harder. Very impressed with what I saw of it. Seems like a lot of luck factors in on the first set of wooded holes though. If you don't get through clean you can end up taking a water stroke and still not having a reasonable attempt at getting inside the circle. Look forward to playing it again, hopefully without the stroller. I really liked holes 6 & 8. Examples of 2 of my favorite typical par 4 styles. The wide open with a tricky approach and generous tunnel leading to an open landing if you can get the distance and accuracy.

Also made it to WO Harrington, played a quick round after leaving the airport. I expected worse so I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Lester Lorch

If your friend has never played Lester Lorch, then that is the place to be, super fun, and not crowded. 2 excellent 18 hole courses.

Harry Myers is good, but I prefer Lorch if I am gonna drive that kind of distance.

Latest posts