• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

none on this trip, as I'm driving all the way with no major stop and will have stuff in the back of my truck, but I'm flying back to pick up our other car and may try and do Cal Young in Abilene, Cloman in Brownfeild and Towle in Snyder. Stay the night in Roswell and make the rest of the trip the next day.

Wishing you the best in Colorado.

Coleman Park in Brownfield is a fun course. Long and open with mature trees that are well placed. The longs will be enough for your big arm (especially on the back 9). You won't be disappointed that you played it. The locals (if you see them) are awesome. (very stroller friendly).

Please give a review on them after you play these courses. Thanks in advance!

If you get the chance to play Johnson Park in Borger at any time, please review it. It's the one course out there that I'd wished I had gotten to when I worked out there.

Played Cedar Hill Today (both courses) and plan on heading to Z-boa's tomorrow, looking like I'll be there around 10:30/11:00am

There is a new course that has been approved in Fate just 10 minutes away from Harry Meyers in Rockwall. Construction is planned for March, but the course design is already underway. It is very likely that there will be a tournament planned for the grand opening!

We hope that the close proximity of the new course in Fate and Harry Meyers in Rockwall will allow for some interesting tournament opportunities. If nothing else it will be easy to hit Harry Meyers in the morning, and play Fate after lunch...

so what's the deal with the trees being cut down at Lake Park?

i went the other day and 3, 5, and 16 had serious changes.

3 - huge window cut out in the trees on the left for the over-the-water shot
5 - that arch at the beginning of the tunnel, the tree on the right was cut down. clear shot into the fairway now.
16 - the vines hanging from the big tree on the right cut down. the bushes just inside the gap on the left are all gone as well as the brush that was there. another clear shot to the basket now.

i was furious when i saw what was done to 5 and 16. they totally changed the way those holes play. anyone know if this was done by the city? random jackasses that didn't like those trees?

My guess is the city. I was out there the Wednesday before thanksgiving and there were city workers, in uniform, in their city truck, walking around playing the course.

I have known them to trim 3's over the lake route, but it sounds like the others are drastic changes.

AT the DD mini on Saturday, the TD acknowledged that the city had cut some trees and so forth, and said that the city promised not to cut any more without checking with the DD Lewisville store staff first.

I wish him all the luck in the world when "working" with the Dallas City Council.

I hope he's successful, but there's no governing body that's harder to get something done with. 2 out of 15 members is a start... the fact it's south of I-30 provides hope...

IMO... All the brand new walking trails in Founders Park would be... a problem. It's such a cool park. Right across the river from downtown.

The greenbelt along Elmwood Blvd. would be pretty tight, but no worse than BB Owen if they put in 9 holes. Is it cool to park in the street along side the greenbelt? There's no parking lot anywhere around, but you could ride the DART train to Tyler Vernon Station and walk over.

Good signs are a necessity in this part of the world. Disc golf is not a big player (at the moment) in the neighborhood and signs explaining the purpose of the baskets would go a long way in keeping them from being vandalized (or used as a funny looking grill).

I will need to head up north for a few rounds sometime, maybe in the Spring after my shoulder heals. Would love to meet up with someone that knows the course, but since there is a course map on here that'll help out a lot. Still have to wonder why there isn't a map for Z-boa's yet.

AT the DD mini on Saturday, the TD acknowledged that the city had cut some trees and so forth, and said that the city promised not to cut any more without checking with the DD Lewisville store staff first.

thanks. pretty lame though :mad:

Yeah they really messed up 3 and 5 at the Lake made both shots a lot easier..... Not cool

We had some trees cut down at the local park in Keene. We have a 9 hole pitch & putt. Some of the trees at the park died over the summer, and the city cut down several due to concerns they would fall over on someone. One of them, unfortunately, was the main obstacle on hole #2. That now leaves 2 as a really short wide open hole. We're looking at what we can do as far as moving pin/tee for that hole, but there's not a lot to work with.

Put in a metal sculture or, better yet, a windmill. Call it "the windmill hole." :D

That's really a pretty darn good idea. I'll toss it around to everyone here. That would put some of the same dynamics back on the hole. If we can get the city to go for it. We'd have to make sure kids aren't gonna climb it, it's a multi-use park.

There are some trees we're looking at by the creek. It would reposition the pin, but would still give a fairly decent obstacle. It was something the designer considered when putting the course in, but he felt the one tree was a sufficient obstacle, and the current pn kept it a bit further away from the jogging path. I'm gonna try to get out there with a practice basket and see what we can do.

But I do really like the idea of putting something there to keep the hole the same. It was one of the more popular holes with the locals, so we'd like to keep the feel.

We are setting up the McKinney Alex Clark Gold course later today. The tees and basket locations will be marked and the temp baskets will be set out Sunday morning for the BYOP flex start tourney. The course layout is linked in the tournaments section.

If you can't find a partner come out anyway. We can find someone for you. Am teams are 20 and open teams are 40. Ring of fire and ctp's will be given out as well.

**Interested in trying out some of the new Dynamic Disc plastic?**

This Sunday, Dec 16th, the Cedar Hill Disc Golf Club & Dynamic Discs will be hosting a small 1 round, 2-disc challenge at Lorch Park to celebrate the release of Dynamic Discs' new line of plastic!

We have 25 sets of the Lucid Fugitive midrange and Classic Judge putter that players will throw during the round. The $25 entry gets you both discs, a Dynamic Discs hat, and a sticker. The main idea is to get the new DD plastic in the eager hands of local golfers, but to sweeten the deal, the winner of the round will also receive a nice package of plastic :)

We'll be playing a shorter, modified version of the Beaver. Tee-off is at 3pm Sunday, sign-ups at 2:30pm. Get there early for a "test drive" of the new DD plastic! Brian Lamoreaux will also have about 40 other Dynamic Disc discs (Trespass, Escape, Fugitive, and Judge) for sale at the Saturday mini at 3pm.

See you there!

**Interested in trying out some of the new Dynamic Disc plastic?**

This Sunday, Dec 16th, the Cedar Hill Disc Golf Club & Dynamic Discs will be hosting a small 1 round, 2-disc challenge at Lorch Park to celebrate the release of Dynamic Discs' new line of plastic!

Tee-off is at 3pm Sunday, sign-ups at 2:30pm.

Hi, Rusty. Doesn't this directly conflict with the DD bag tag challenge at the Lake?

I've been trying to figure out how to get from Saucer Sisters League at Vets to the Lake by 2pm, but I guess if I can't make it, then Lorch by 3pm it is.

Last edited:
!

Sweet, now I have a time and place to try out my mad tree hitting skills:wall:

Latest posts