• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

If any of you are looking for something to do October 9, we've got our first am c-tier in Johnson County. We've got a ball golf course we're playing 18 holes at (9 holes twice), in addition to the 2 9-hole courses in Keene. We've also got a free clinic hosted by A Ray (DGCR user araytx) from Team Dynamic Discs. We've got a player's pack for all players, and merch payout vouchers for the Texas Chain Society Store for Intermediate and Advanced divisions. You can register online at www.dgscene.com/keenediscgolf2016 or look for Keene Disc Golf Fall Tournament on Facebook.

Finally got a chance to play the new design at Lake Park in Lewisville and I have to say I really liked what has been done.

Now the course has three distinct 'phases' - the first 7 holes along the lake as before, then 5 new tight holes through the woods and then it opens up for long bomber holes to finish it off. Hole 18...well maybe that will get changed.

Thumbs up!

Finally got a chance to play the new design at Lake Park in Lewisville and I have to say I really liked what has been done.

Now the course has three distinct 'phases' - the first 7 holes along the lake as before, then 5 new tight holes through the woods and then it opens up for long bomber holes to finish it off. Hole 18...well maybe that will get changed.

Thumbs up!

Same here Bill. We played the new layout 2 weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised! I really like the new layout on the new tight wooded holes. Glad they kept the 1st 7 holes by the lake too! I'm glad this one is back open and a great 18 holer once again!

Dropped by Bear Creek yesterday...I would suggest playing it soon if you want one last round on this ol' girl before the changes come.

All the trees behind/around #1 basket are gone, as well as the trees that shaped the drive off #2 teepad. There is the beginning of a bridge from #2 tee across that section of creek down the fairway, looks wide enough for cars.

#13 is now pretty open, they have removed everything small enough for the wood chipper and the entire area is covered in wood chips. All the rest of the trees there are marked for removal.

Most all baskets are in long positions except #3, we didn't play #12 due to darkness but that tucked-away 'woods' teepad is now pretty open as it is near the new bridge being built.

Does anyone one on here know this member jdb7122 ? He trashed a course I co-designed (Saddle Hills) in a review and hasn't responded to any messages about it.
I don't have a problem with someone writing a bad review as long as they own up to it. He doesn't have a name, pdga number, or way to contact him on his info page.
It shows really bad character to trash someone or something online and hide behind anonymity.

Does anyone one on here know this member jdb7122 ? He trashed a course I co-designed (Saddle Hills) in a review and hasn't responded to any messages about it.
I don't have a problem with someone writing a bad review as long as they own up to it. He doesn't have a name, pdga number, or way to contact him on his info page.
It shows really bad character to trash someone or something online and hide behind anonymity.

I'm not sure who he is. I've had a guy leave a really harsh review on one that I was involved in (Carver Park in Keene). It made me mad at first, but he had really valid points so I couldn't argue with him. I've only been up to Saddle Hills once, and I want to play it again before reviewing. JDB doesn't really give a lot of reasons (or at the very least doesn't explain his reasoning) for his review. He is right that navigation is a bit tricky, and a few holes in there are a bit rough, but I don't know that justifies the rating he put in. I'd lean towards 3.5 on the one visit I made, largely due to how rough and raw some of the holes are, but I want get another trip in to evaluate it.
JDB's reviews of Crossroads and Haslet seem very thought out, his review of Mt Leb is pretty lacking, but he rated all three of them fairly high. He's got 4 courses marked as played and has reviewed all 4 of those, so he's likely just not got a lot of experience reviewing courses yet. Some of my first reviews were pretty bad, and I've re written most of them.

Looks like WO Harrington by the airport is getting re-designed. Lots of flags in the middle of the field and #5 basket has been moved.

5 and 6 were moved. The flags don't seem to mark any sort of layout. I would love if anyone knows what it is/will be. I play on my lunch breaks, but as is, I don't know where to tee from on 3 holes now.

I'd just like to know what the plan is for WO. It is 10 minutes away from home and my best option for scratching that DG itch if I only have an hour to do so. 18 would be cool but someone would have to secure/donate the land on the other side of the creek. Would have to design it to play towards that school or whatever that is at the top of the rise at the back of the park.

Ran by WO with some free time recently and was a little surprised -

1. the 60 ft by 10 ft concrete area that was poured in the middle of the park has been torn up and hauled away
2. someone has put down orange spray paint to mark some tee areas and a 10m circle around #9's basket
3. the Masey fracking plant next door is doing something along their side of the creek at the bottom of the hill behind #1 basket, lots of clearing already done and looks like they may be shoring up the hillside.

I assume that there isn't a weekly league and no one cares enough to plant a bunch of trees. When I played it 7yrs ago, I think there were about 5 trees that came into play. It had decent length for a 9 hole course and felt sort of secluded in a weird way on a few of the holes. Not the worst niner that I have played.

Has anyone heard about a course at a park in Rhome? Someone I know believes they saw a course there, and I was curious if anyone knew anything about it, as there isn't one listed in the directory.

can't recall exactly but i believe there is a private course in one of the housing communities out that way. thought i remember hearing they might consider making it public but in the meantime they're taking trespassing seriously.

pretty sure there's some discussion of it somewhere earlier in the thread

can't recall exactly but i believe there is a private course in one of the housing communities out that way. thought i remember hearing they might consider making it public but in the meantime they're taking trespassing seriously.

pretty sure there's some discussion of it somewhere earlier in the thread

I think your thinking of Windsong ranch in Prosper. Not far away so maybe that is what he is thinking of. but yeah, private at the moment.

^^^that's what i was thinking

and Rhome is not where i thought it was. there is the new course in Justin, don't know anything about a course in Rhome

Missed this

Thumbs up!

Same here Bill. We played the new layout 2 weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised! I really like the new layout on the new tight wooded holes. Glad they kept the 1st 7 holes by the lake too! I'm glad this one is back open and a great 18 holer once again!

Haven't had a chance to check this out yet. Are the first 7 holes like the old front 9 minus 1 and 8 or is it changed up? How many old holes remain? Are the new 5 in that patch of woods across the road from old hole 11?

Missed this

Haven't had a chance to check this out yet. Are the first 7 holes like the old front 9 minus 1 and 8 or is it changed up? How many old holes remain? Are the new 5 in that patch of woods across the road from old hole 11?

They moved the number one tee pad inside of the new path and over toward the old number 8 basket area. Trees were trimmed to accommodate the change. The basket on number 3 has been moved to the right of its old position due to erosion. Other than those minor changes, the first seven holes are in tact and still awesome.

The new number 8 is what used to be hole 16. From there, it flows into the new wooded holes.

The new layout isn't as crowded together and your car is safer parked by the road, since 8,9 and the 15 were removed in the redesign.

It looks like flower mound is getting a course. Pretty sure it's going to be pay to play.

Also, keep your fingers crossed for Burleson.