• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW

Rusty - Lake Tawakoni area (not actually in the DFW, but I frequently make the drive to Rockwall and Mesquite to play golf).

In reply to the idea of Cedar Hill being a course based on pure luck...you only have to worry about a lucky tree kick IF you hit a tree in the first place :) Just stick to the fairways ;)

A DGCR tourney is a great idea...I vote Cedar Hill (for 2 courses and variety) or Harry Myers in Rockwall (for the pure toughness of the course and the amount of strategy involved). Several of us DFW golfers from discgolfreview.com met up a few months ago for a few rounds of golf and had a blast...it's always nice to be able to put a face with a name from the net.

Last time I played your courses out there in McKinney, My 13 year old daughter threw my Champ Monarch into the river. I went down there and fetched it out, but left my white Star Boss in the fairway, Inked with my name on it, came outta the water and it was gone.

If you ever see anyone throwing a white star boss out there with ink on it, kindly punch them in the face and take it back for me.

Thanks!

That was you? I got it and use it as a book end. Thanks.

isnt the vpo oct 17 adv/rec and then pro/int the next weekend after that(or the around the 30th)?...if so im prolly gonna be playing in that, and im sure a few others will as well....(thats if you want to do several weekends in a row) ...but for the original date early october sounds pretty good

I am jealous of DFW. you guys have XxInnovaxX, Marty Mcfly, Roc1time, giles, ect.
Sounds like a cool place to be.

I am jealous of DFW. you guys have XxInnovaxX, Marty Mcfly, Roc1time, giles, ect.
Sounds like a cool place to be.

You can move into my basement, and you could call me father. Every night we would sing songs (Jonas bro) and practice long putts.

i'll be out of town the first weekend but will certainly play the next couple.

Do it in Waco and the Austin discers will meet you there for a DGCR Texas Showdown. A few scrubs from Houston might even show up too.

I work saturdays and I figured sundays would be more accessible for more people...

Ok, how about this. Starting the first sunday of October we'll have our first round of the tourney.

October 4th - Z Boaz
October 11th - Cedar Hill both courses

Resume on- October 25th - Harry Myers

and if we feel the urge, a final course could be voted on later by everyone who actually made it out.

Everyone who is in for this schedule reply with,

meatbones132 is my lord and saviour... or just a short reply informing me that you are down. damnit.

%7BBE49F7EE-C4F4-4927-AB2F-8A9BF8B658C4%7DImg100.jpg

Is this going to be an ongoing tourney spanning a few weekends, or is each weekend it's own "event"?

I doubt I'll make it out to Zboaz on the 4th, but I'll most likely be able to make it to Cedar Hill on the 11th.

I work saturdays and I figured sundays would be more accessible for more people...

Ok, how about this. Starting the first sunday of October we'll have our first round of the tourney.

October 4th - Z Boaz
October 11th - Cedar Hill both courses

Resume on- October 25th - Harry Myers

and if we feel the urge, a final course could be voted on later by everyone who actually made it out.

Everyone who is in for this schedule reply with,

meatbones132 is my lord and saviour... or just a short reply informing me that you are down. damnit.

I know I will make the 25th @ Harry Myers for sure. Count me in.

You can move into my basement, and you could call me father. Every night we would sing songs (Jonas bro) and practice long putts.

Liar, you don't have a basement, the soil moves too much. One thing I wish TX had... Basements... Because then people could move into it...

Well, since it doesn't seem like the majority of everyone will be able to make it each week we can just do a diff stake for each weekend. I was going to get a fellow board member to make a dyed disc the prize plus everyone could throw in like 5 bucks for a cash pot...

Hows about each sunday everyone who makes it out will throw in $5 for the winner, and if we want to we could do an ace pot as well. Of course the biggest thing to win from this will be bragging rights.

You could always do it on a point system basis too. Pick a certain time period you want to run it, award point on finish, and then payout at the end. I do this for a couple of locals and I call mine the 12 pack. We play once a month around the metroplex, it cost 10 a month 5 for the ace. Based on how you finish you get points. At the end of the 12 months all money is awarded. This is a good system because it rewards consistancy. And you can drop a weekend or 2 that way if people have to miss it doesnt hurt them. Just a thought

You could always do it on a point system basis too. Pick a certain time period you want to run it, award point on finish, and then payout at the end. I do this for a couple of locals and I call mine the 12 pack. We play once a month around the metroplex, it cost 10 a month 5 for the ace. Based on how you finish you get points. At the end of the 12 months all money is awarded. This is a good system because it rewards consistancy. And you can drop a weekend or 2 that way if people have to miss it doesnt hurt them. Just a thought

thats what i was thinking...we should do a points system, everyone is awarded at least 2 or 3 points for showing up(that way theres an incentive to show up every week) and top winners(1-3/4/5 depending on the people) get more points i.e.:

12 People - top 1/3 in points = 4 winners....every person worth 5 points, 3 points for showing up, 2 remaining points go to top "winners"...meaning 24 points divided into 4 places

Top Place Cash
1st Place -9 points
2nd Place -7 points
3rd Place -5 points
4th Place -3 points

all that placed 1-4(or top 1/3) of participants gets their 3 "participation points" plus winnings......players that placed 5-12 only get their 3 participation points

After rounds I or whoever else wants to can record all the scores. i can start a group with whoever is interested and we can keep the score totals there and chat about the matches, scores, etc...i say we keep a running total for however long everyone wants and at the end we can award a disc or whatever everyone decides...

as far as $$ for the prizes go and Cash Pots, we can each pay $1 to play(all this money goes to the prize...and then have cash pots on the side for those who are interested, that way it pleases everyone that wants to play for cash and for those who dont want to they dont have to play for $$, they just donate the $1 and there point totals are still accumulated....we can do the same for ace pots