• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Clothing

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys,

Last year as a fundraiser for one of our local courses I worked on fundraiser TeeShirts and a tournament to raise some money to buy signs and basket.

I worked with a local artist and Miles at paragon to make some really cool teeshirts, which several of you guys bought. They turned out really nice with clean printing and a nice quality dri fit type material.

It was fun for me to do and we sold enough to buy some really nice signs(which are still uninstalled but that is another battle). And it got me thinking that I'd love to do a small line of sports clothing and accessories that could appeal to disc golfers as well as other outdoor focused sports.

I really like some of the things that's Dude and other companies have come up with, but don't always see the kind of clothes that I like to wear on the course readily for sale. So I was wondering, what would you guys like to see from DG/outdoor sports clothing that isn't out there currently?

Here are a few of the things I'd like for myself that I'm not seeing much of on the market;

3/4 length "baseball style" shirts maybe cotton or drift depending on pricing.

The longer shorts / knickers you see offered for cycling or climbing in a breathable material. Keep the ticks off while not burning up is the idea.

A line of drift tees with cool original art(hopefully by a friend of mine who used to draw for Marvel).

Maybe some niche things like compression sleeves as well since it's something i use a lot but don't find a ton that I love the look of.

Let me know what you think!

I'll try to get some pictures later this week, but Arroyo Baskets had a line of Nikko Locastro's artwork on drifit shirts that I love. Unfortunately, they sold out and in talking with them, they don't plan any more. So, good disc golf inspired artwork on shirts. Also, good shorts that aren't outrageously expensive. I love Dude's stuff, but $50-$60 for shorts is kinda nuts for this market.

Finally, sport-tech style jackets (stretchy nylon heavyweight material) for cooler weather but with DG art... Just my wants that I have a hard time finding...

You know.... I love disc golf, but I don't want to look like a disc golfer.

That's almost the market I'm going for though. The way that I look when I play I could be rock climbing, hiking, I don't necessarily look like a Discer. And the scope of things would be wider than just a disc golf specific market. I love this game, but if the market was limited to just disc golf specific it wouldn't have as much potential.

There of course would be a few things like some of the graphic tees and things that would have a disc golf team but the goal would be to just make some really cool looking outdoor clothing that discovers would want to wear. Especially if it's that market where you're not one of the guys who is into the traditional disc golf stereotypes.

Or even the other way where you have guys who basically just look like golfers.

I'll try to get some pictures later this week, but Arroyo Baskets had a line of Nikko Locastro's artwork on drifit shirts that I love. Unfortunately, they sold out and in talking with them, they don't plan any more. So, good disc golf inspired artwork on shirts. Also, good shorts that aren't outrageously expensive. I love Dude's stuff, but $50-$60 for shorts is kinda nuts for this market.

Finally, sport-tech style jackets (stretchy nylon heavyweight material) for cooler weather but with DG art... Just my wants that I have a hard time finding...

I'm totally on board with trying to find some shorts in the $30-$40 range. That would be the goal, I've got a pair of cycling knickers that are pretty much exactly what I would want and they retail for 35. So after I've built up some funds that would be something I would be interested in bringing in if only because I know that would be sellable in another market if the disc golf guys didn't love them.

And if you have designs that they had that you really liked, I'd love to see them even if it's not something that I would want to closely replicate.

That's almost the market I'm going for though. The way that I look when I play I could be rock climbing, hiking, I don't necessarily look like a Discer. And the scope of things would be wider than just a disc golf specific market. I love this game, but if the market was limited to just disc golf specific it wouldn't have as much potential.

There of course would be a few things like some of the graphic tees and things that would have a disc golf team but the goal would be to just make some really cool looking outdoor clothing that discovers would want to wear. Especially if it's that market where you're not one of the guys who is into the traditional disc golf stereotypes.

Or even the other way where you have guys who basically just look like golfers.

Okay, fair. I get nervous with all the graphics talk.

Okay, fair. I get nervous with all the graphics talk.

I understand that, there are a lot of good ones out there and some that are less good.

I'd like to have a few disc themed ones but mainly focus on the outdoor angle.

I think a dog always wears something cool and brand clothes. Moreover, he should look bright and relaxed. That's why I suggest you choose a casual style with bright components. It means you choose one bright accent (it can be a strange colour, a shape, a size) and mix it with regular clothes—for example, the bright pink t-shirt and other neutral clothes. Or, hard shaped with sunglasses. Or a huge chain on the neck and a full black outfit. More interesting and unusual ideas here at Justin Bieber Merchandise Store

I buy cheap clothes to destroy with salty sweat stains and thorns. So if you buy too many and have a clearance sale, hit me up, lol!

Well, since this got bumped for someone to talk about their dog, guess I'll jump in and ask Moose how his clothing company has progressed over the last five years. Making millions with it yet?

I think a dog always wears something cool and brand clothes. Moreover, he should look bright and relaxed. That's why I suggest you choose a casual style with bright components. It means you choose one bright accent (it can be a strange colour, a shape, a size) and mix it with regular clothes—for example, the bright pink t-shirt and other neutral clothes. Or, hard shaped with sunglasses. Or a huge chain on the neck and a full black outfit. More interesting and unusual ideas here at Justin Bieber Merch
From each Justin Bieber fan, one like <3

Function over fashion.

I start with quality drawers.....Duluth Buck Naked, Bullpen or Armachillo. Keep stuff in place and quick dry. :thmbup:

Wool or smartwool socks. Wicking, padded and chosen to fit the temp.

A pair if waterproof boots. Mids with an aggressive tread.

Quick dry shorts (currently have a half dozen pair of IZOD performance cargo shorts) around 30 buck a pair or so.

A quality belt. Cloth belts > leather belts. Finding a good one is pretty individual.

A closet of dryfit tournament shirts. I like the collared variety, but seem to get more crew type.

A performance, quick dry ball cap. If I cut my damn hair, I could go back to a performance visor.

A high quality terry cloth towel, for sweat management. Never to be mixed up with the poison ivy laden, biohazard disc towel, hanging from a belt loop.

A cooling towel.

I often get the NO, head shake from the wife. Meaning I have failed on some color coordination. I rarely know or understand this mistake, but only fight the fights worth fighting. :p

The longer shorts / knickers you see offered for cycling or climbing in a breathable material. Keep the ticks off while not burning up is the idea.

Nobody wants to see any of us in capri yoga pants.;)

Wide Brim Bucket Style hat or Running Ballcap (currently OR Sombriolet Sunbucket or Kuhl Renegade)
Cotton Handerchief if I need an absorbant layer
Smartwool T-shirt for temperature regulation and wicking
Carhartt Zip-up hoodie for cooler weather
Sweat wicking Chonies
Kuhl Radikl Pants (sweat pant comfort with mesh-like air flow)
Gold Toe Quarter Socks (cheap and comfortable)
Lems Trailhead Shoes

Honestly never cared about fashion. I have grown up in the outdoors and there is nothing out there that cares about your drip. I don't wear shorts anymore because my socks, and the inside of my shoes, would be plastered with sticker weeds at the end of a round.

Well, since this got bumped for someone to talk about their dog, guess I'll jump in and ask Moose how his clothing company has progressed over the last five years. Making millions with it yet?

lol nope, never really got time to get it off the ground. Still make/sell tournament shirts and make some money from it but it's more of a hobby.

Still surprised no one has raised up to fill the void in a big way though.

lol nope, never really got time to get it off the ground. Still make/sell tournament shirts and make some money from it but it's more of a hobby.

Still surprised no one has raised up to fill the void in a big way though.

The thing is that disc golfers don't seem to care what they wear as long as they are comfortable.

Shoes - some kind of sneaker or hiking shoe
Pants - depending on weather, shorts or long pants
Shirt - tee shirt or collared shirt. This is about the only item that might actually be disc golf related...some player's packs include a shirt. Some people buy funny disc golf related tee shirts (I know I have a few). Some players are sponsored and wear shirts advertising their sponsor(s).

Mainly, we want to wear what is comfortable and don't need disc golf specific clothing. About the only item that could really be disc golf related would be shoes that actually last more than a year of frequent playing. Idio might be making a shoe that meets that requirement, but since it's been over a year and buyers are just starting to get their shoes, it will be a while before we actually know if they hold up or are just another shoe.

Strictly from a volume/business standpoint, I don't disc golf big enough (at this point in time), to make disc golf specific clothing cost-effective. You can get quality outdoor/active wear that works wonderfully for Disco, at pretty decent prices.

That's because it works well for a wide variety of activities. That means it has widespread appeal. That leads to greater volume and lower price points.

Sure, some people will be willing to pay more for gear specific to disc golf, or with disc golf graphics/branding.

If it's significantly more expensive than comparable activewear, it's going to have a limited customer base, that's significantly smaller than the disc golfing population as a whole.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Don't know about you guys, but I wear a Justin Bieber dog thong and nothing else while out on the course!

Latest posts