• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Mecca

treehorn

Birdie Member
I gotta tell ya I'm starting to get board with the tracks around here..

Question..

Where would you consider the Mecca of DG land (the best concentration of courses in within close proximity)?

For me, Ann Arbor. With Hudson Mills as the epicenter. But I haven't played a bunch of those fancy new courses yet.

If it wasn't for this little thing called "winter"... I think Minneapolis/St. Paul would be a solid candidate.

Concentration of courses is pretty insane. There are several standouts and one that is in the top 5 of DGCR reviews.

Highbridge in Wisconson is by far the Mecca! All seven courses are within 1/4 mile of each other. No need to even get in a car. Check em all out.

I live in Cincinnati. I will say Charlotte. :D

i would say the Carolina's or Michigan. and i live in TX

I live in near Ann Arbor, and southeast MI has plenty of good courses: Hudson Mills (x2), Independence Lake, Rolling Hills, Ponds of Lakeshore, and Kensington (forgot Cass Benton), but that's all that's truely better than ordinary near the Ann Arbor Area. You have to drive about another hour or so to the north east suburbs to hit Addison Oaks, Stony Creek, River Bends, Grizzly Oaks, Holly Woods, etc. Destination worthy for sure, but we're pretty spread out.

So I have to give it to Charlotte because they have about as many high quality courses in a more compact area. Plus it'a also a decent destination during the winter.

Close call, but I'd have to give Charlotte the edge.

Last edited:
Highbridge in Wisconson is by far the Mecca! All seven courses are within 1/4 mile of each other. No need to even get in a car. Check em all out.

Yes. If you're talking about the strength of DG culture and/or history of a region, then there are a lot of options.

If you're talking about a singular location that provides the best DG experience, Highbridge is a really special place.

I personally think that it is the Monterey/ Santa Cruz area. It was the home of Ed Headrick and the first company in disc golf (DGA) so it has a historical aspect as well. It hosted 2011 Worlds, and it is never hard to find a great course and good locals to show you around.

Plus you can play there year round :)

Last edited:
So your sister's stats confirm my statement that Charlote edges out my neck o'the woods. I couldn't make an informed statement about DFW, but one day, I gott get down there.... and prolly hit Selah, too. :D

FYI - #18 on that list (Hart, MI) is essentially the Ludington area, near Flip and Mason County.

It's one way to look at it, there are others. I think it's pretty clear that if you're looking for a high concentration of good or better courses DFW and Charlotte are the two top dogs.

Though it's all based on just the collective opinion of DGCR and some fuzzy math and boundaries.

Latest posts