• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Needs More Personality

I think that there's a lot of "color" to be had on tour that we aren't seeing - occasionally I'll hear Ian and Corey or Nate and Jerm mention something about Paul ribbing another player, or that there was some running joke going on on the card or the like, but we don't see that due to the crisp editing. I would call on Jomez and CCDG to try something new next season and showing a little bit of the conversation and camaraderie between holes. This would stretch the videos a bit but would allow for more commentary between holes and allow us to see some of that personality come out that we know is there.

Royalhghnss said:
Royalhghnss

ooooh this was niced by Ian! What do you think, Ian? Going to consider injecting some of that sweet camaraderie in for us? <3

Edit - I messed up the quote, not sure if Ian will be notified. Oh well!

I think that there's a lot of "color" to be had on tour that we aren't seeing - occasionally I'll hear Ian and Corey or Nate and Jerm mention something about Paul ribbing another player, or that there was some running joke going on on the card or the like, but we don't see that due to the crisp editing. I would call on Jomez and CCDG to try something new next season and showing a little bit of the conversation and camaraderie between holes. This would stretch the videos a bit but would allow for more commentary between holes and allow us to see some of that personality come out that we know is there.

ooooh this was niced by Ian! What do you think, Ian? Going to consider injecting some of that sweet camaraderie in for us? <3

Edit - I messed up the quote, not sure if Ian will be notified. Oh well!

I'll try! I've been saying for a while I need to strap a gopro to my head during the rounds. Whenever there's good stuff happening my real cam is off, and by the time i get it up and pointed the moment is usually gone.

I'll try! I've been saying for a while I need to strap a gopro to my head during the rounds. Whenever there's good stuff happening my real cam is off, and by the time i get it up and pointed the moment is usually gone.

That would be a great idea. I like the idea of pros being mic'd up too. Sprinkle in the especially good moments during a close battle.

On balance, off balance: doesn't matter...

I had to watch it again. It cracks me up man.

In the same vein. We have a horrible local radio show but they have one shinning moment.

Prank calls WWF style.

Yea... ya never know when someone might... for instance... accidently... fall down a hill when the catchcam guy is still recording...:p;)

Chest cam gopro:thmbup:

I'm thinking a mic/cam placed strategically on a caddy would work out OK - "Let's cut to the Central Coast Caddy Cam!tm"

I dunno man. Most disc golfers are millennials and I hear their opinions enough as it is. I don't really want to hear about Eagle's veganism or something like that out of nowhere. Hell, everyone jumps on Drew Gibson whenever he says something the slightest bit un-PC. We're just wading into some really subjective territory here, that's all I'm saying.

As far as guys that wear their emotions quite evidently, Joel Freeman is worth a mention.

It's probably been 15 years or more at this point, but the PBA (bowling) brought in the WWE folks to draw more personality out of the players. Not sure how the results went or what people thought.

Were there to be more "personality" shown during rounds, I feel like sponsors would have to "approve" it first.

While I absolutely love the current batch of top FPO and MPO players out there they all seem...a bit stale. Look at their interviews like at that tourney McBeth was in in Florida just a few weeks ago. Yawn. No one wants to say anything out of line. Way too calm and collected.

I think (and I know a lot of you are going to hate me and really disagree with me for saying this) but we need more personality in this sport. When someone sticks a camera in their face they just let it rip and say whatever comes to their mind. Here's a good example of what I am talking about:

John Force has been around for YEARS in the NHRA and is still driving today and you either love him or hate him. But as you can see from that interview he is a character. From what I've seen he's a super nice guy just rather loud with a gigantic personality. Dude makes me laugh and I always think, "Oh crap what's he going to say THIS time" whenever they interview him.

So yeah, we need a Dennis Rodman (minus the psycho) or a Johnny Bench or Tom McEnroe (minus the ridiculous temper) or something like that. PDGA needs to loosen up IMHO a little. Don't believe me? Look what happened when Drew went for a swim at Ledgestone this year. Everyone remembers that - but who won? So some player does something a little unexpected that makes us all laugh and look how we react. It's was kind of a moment all of us could relate to because we've all been there done that. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of room for the Nate Sextons of the world and we need guys like him badly but just once I want to see a top pro who is willing to let loose a little when they are in the spotlight.
I love John Force, but I don't want to be on his card.:eek:

You know, millenials already have enough trouble with literacy, and expressing themselves clearly. Now you want them to be self-absorbed a-holes on top of that? Oh, wait... :wall:

Can you imagine playing doubles against a tag team of Macho Man and Hulk Hogan while Miss Elizabeth caddied? :rolleyes:

Lol. When I read the op my thoughts went straight to wwf also.. Then I see you posting clips of the macho man. Lol!

Your thread lost any credibility with me immediately when you included Johnny Bench with Dennis Rodman and Tom(John) McEnroe. Johnny Bench was classy and humble, did you ever watch him play?

DG Allin. That's all I have to say.

That'd certainly generate views if there were a confrontational self destructive guy on tour that were to coldcock Johnny Football and then take a leak on him after hitting an iron leaf.