• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG shoe addicts, share your expertise!

Does anyone have a shoe that can hold up on the toe... I drag my toe as I throw off of the tee pad and tear up the inside of my toe cap really bad... any advise for a shoe to last longer than a month?

Does anyone have a shoe that can hold up on the toe... I drag my toe as I throw off of the tee pad and tear up the inside of my toe cap really bad... any advise for a shoe to last longer than a month?

the obvious would be to sop dragging your toe. but Keens have a great toe guard that takes considerable time to eat through. they also really support DG.

Back on the market for new shoes myself. Don't think I am going to continue buying Keen anymore. Last 3 pairs have been destroyed in under 6 months, tread gone, sides blown out. I also dont feel like they pivot very well, maybe its just the Verdi model. Only draw back for me is Keen is one of the few companies that make 15 with a wide toe box.

How do skateboard shoes do durability wise? and grip wise in various conditions? What are good/bad brands?

Also anyone try the Merrell Pulsate? considering giving Merrell another shot, they look like toe box could be wider than normal for them.

all the skate shoes i've owned don't have much in the way of tread, so they become smooth bottomed pretty quick.

I have played in and ruined many pairs of shoes playing DG. I was playing in Nike Flyknits for a while. In the beginning they were incredibly comfortable, but the cushioning of the sole would bottom out in random areas and playing in them now hurts like a major B.

Currently playing in Merrell Trail Glove 2's. Really liking them so far. That said, I saw this pair on amazon for amazingly cheap for anyone looking into Merrells (the wild dove color is 40 bucks):
http://amzn.com/B00B98OKI0

I use Nike skate shoes and usually go with something that has vulcanized rubber. I have problems with toe drag and the couple pairs I rotate have held up exceptionally well.

I've thrown with Vans for 20 years. I used to race BMX as a kid and I can honestly tell you there is no rubber soles that are more wear resistant. Vans are made to withstand bicycle peddles from tearing up the tread. Vans don't have a lot of arch support tho. I always buy new big arch insoles for every new pair.

I currently have the following shoes and I think I'm going to do a comparison video for my youtube channel:

-Osiris skate shoes
-Merrell Trail Gloves
-Merrell Chameleon 4 Stretch
-Merrell All Out Blaze Stretch Waterproof
-Keen Marshall
-Hi-Tec Figaro x2

Any input on what you want me to specifically include in the video? All of the shoes have been tested extensively on the course except for the Marshall's and All Out Blaze's, which are both still new.

I have played in and ruined many pairs of shoes playing DG. I was playing in Nike Flyknits for a while. In the beginning they were incredibly comfortable, but the cushioning of the sole would bottom out in random areas and playing in them now hurts like a major B.

Currently playing in Merrell Trail Glove 2's. Really liking them so far. That said, I saw this pair on amazon for amazingly cheap for anyone looking into Merrells (the wild dove color is 40 bucks):
http://amzn.com/B00B98OKI0

Thanks for the link, I might try a pair. I dig my Trail gloves too.

here's what I think are a great low profile DG compatible shoes:

adidas%20DAROGA%20TRAIL%20CC%20M-37.jpg

The adidas Daroga. It has a nice protected upper toe for that point where you drag your toe like a golfer/baseball pitcher. Its nice and low profile so you have good footing on the tee. Its light weight too. Its naturally grippy and can handle rough terrain too.

I remember having extra leather/rubber on the upper toe box of my baseball shoe (left foot because I'm a lefty) installed on my baseball cleats back in the day. That maybe an option for your regular shoes too.

I've had the clima-cool version of the daroga for a long time and hate that fact that it has holes on the bottom because even walking in wet grass will make your feet into soggy messes. But when its dry out, this shoe is perfect. I'm definitely thinking about getting the non-clima cool version (no holes in the sole) soon.

Mike, I would say show the wear points on the shoe. I drag my toe, so seeing that part of the shoe would be of benefit.

How's the fit? Typical Adidas and run narrow? I'm using Asolo Quadrants, which are comfortable but a bit on the heavy side m

they are actually pretty spacious width wise. they also run a 0.5 size large. this is for the climafit version though (which is thick mesh like uppers). might be tighter with the leather or canvas versions. but the zappos link has them running 0.5 size larger in all the different versions.

they are actually pretty spacious width wise. they also run a 0.5 size large. this is for the climafit version though (which is thick mesh like uppers). might be tighter with the leather or canvas versions. but the zappos link has them running 0.5 size larger in all the different versions.

Cool thanks! My feet are way too wide for their soccer boots and trainers, so I stopped looking. The climafit version would be nice here outside the monsoon/winter.

New Balance Minimus. Excellent multi-sport outdoor shoes. Vibram makes the soul plastic so you know its going to be good. Keeps dirt and wet out, while keeping your feed dry. Not as much support as typical running shoes, but only if you need that, its not a big deal.

I've been die-hard Merrell for over 10 years. The feedback and reports I have been seeing do not look good lately. Besides, their prices keep going up and the last pair of size 10's I got (Moab Gore-Tex Low) fit a half size smaller. Their customer service has always been top-notch but I have buckled and ordered up a completely different brand. I'm going to try the new Keen Kozo's (the Japan Open model). After trying on a few different styles, I really liked the roomy toe-box. Does anyone have any experience ordering straight from Keen on their site? Like how long it took to get the shoes?

New Balance Minimus. Excellent multi-sport outdoor shoes. Vibram makes the soul plastic so you know its going to be good. Keeps dirt and wet out, while keeping your feed dry. Not as much support as typical running shoes, but only if you need that, its not a big deal.

the only problem i had with the minimus was the width . . . they dug into my arches so badly, it felt like someone hit the bottom/side of my foot with a bat. i really wanted to like them, but they are definitely for people with more narrow feet.

^i think NB shoes actually have wide options up to EEEE widths. I remember my teammates in baseball with very wide feet always went with NB baseball cleats because of their width options. you just have to look around or probably buy online but at least you can fit them first at a store lengthwise.

the only problem i had with the minimus was the width . . . they dug into my arches so badly, it felt like someone hit the bottom/side of my foot with a bat. i really wanted to like them, but they are definitely for people with more narrow feet.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens
http://www.altrarunning.com/
http://www.lemsshoes.com/men_c_31.html

i have wide feet and same problem with the minimist shoes. i cant even get my foot into merrell's mnimus cause the heel end is so narrow. NB is ok but the problem with them is even in wide sizes they still get narrow in the toe box.

however, from the looks of it, the 3 companies above make wide shoes, wider then Keen. next paycheck im going to bite the bullet on one of them and try it out.

Latest posts