• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

Curious about the DGA squall

I picked up a large box of brand new discs and happened to have two of these DGA Squall #1. It's the rerelease from 2014 but I read only 1000 were made. I'm looking to sell the discs I won't be using and was curious is anyone had a ballpark and what these discs may be worth. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200222_161552.jpg
    20200222_161552.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 32
Revisited the Breaker after many years. In a effort to avoid the Zone frenzy i have found a great OS approach disc.
I used to throw Envys in this spot and the Breaker seems a bit faster, less glide, and a touch more OS. I get surprisingly clean releases forehand, even though it has a bead.

While the Breaker isnt as OS as a Zone, it fits the spot i was wanting to fill. Very happy to find this disc again.

Revisited the Breaker after many years. In a effort to avoid the Zone frenzy i have found a great OS approach disc.
I used to throw Envys in this spot and the Breaker seems a bit faster, less glide, and a touch more OS. I get surprisingly clean releases forehand, even though it has a bead.

While the Breaker isnt as OS as a Zone, it fits the spot i was wanting to fill. Very happy to find this disc again.

I agree with your description of the Breaker. It really is a great disc if you don't mind the bead and don't need the extra over stability of a Zone. I love using the D-Line for backhand drives, give one a try in that plastic if you haven't already!

There's room for both Breakers and Zones. I agree on the clean release of the small rimmed Breaker. I lovingly refer to it as my diet Zone.

I carry a beat up breaker and a beat up zone. They're great together. Breaker for all approaches that don't need a big hook at the end. The zone def. Gets more distance

How does a fresh Breaker compare to a beat up Jawbreaker/ProD Zone?

The zone has more glide, and a harder bite at the end. For me, the breaker has all of the high speed stability of a zone, but a soft fade at the end. My seasoned SP has no fade, and can be out on any line. My special blend is much more stable, but no where close to a zone fade.

Thanks. I'm more convinced now that the Breaker can replace my P3s (which are OOP). What you describe sounds very similar.

I definitely need to play more disc golf to use up my stack of P3s quicker, so I can get me some Breakers. ;-D

I noticed OTB get some of the SP Breaker in stock with the new updated stamp.

Its nice to see some dga trickling back in. Hopefully these can get back to full production soon and we can get some special blend runs too.

Looks like we get a swirly proline Breaker on 4/30...

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-04-27-09-30-44.jpg
    Capture+_2021-04-27-09-30-44.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 37
Looks like we get a swirly proline Breaker on 4/30...

Damn. Once I sold off my Breakers years ago I told myself I'd never go back (been playing too long to bounce between molds all the time).

Totally going to buy a swirly PL:wall:

Has anyone thrown the new SP run? Wondering how they compare. I'm eyeing them up and currently throw a PL Breaker.

Has anyone thrown the new SP run? Wondering how they compare. I'm eyeing them up and currently throw a PL Breaker.

I have not thrown the new run. The SP Breakers from a few years ago are what I'm familiar with. My first Breaker was Proline and I came from a zone so it was not OS enough. The SP line Breakers that I have, while not a zone are plenty OS for what I need. My $.02

Starting to see these TS Breaker trickle out. Infinite has quite a few..

Not as swirly as i expected and quite a few poopy colors....

Patiently waiting for a dope stamp/color combo

The plastic on the new SP run feels a bit softer than previous runs and has a bit more flexibility on them. They work fine, but I find myself using my older SPs because they are familiar and feel safe.

Cool to see Adam Hammes using the Breaker at Maple Hill.