• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

On the never ending quest of trying throwing putters, I got some breakers with some tourney funny money (took it down, FWIW :)). Both were SP, and look like they might be a newer run. I threw a red one..

They are both pretty flat, though there is a small rise up to the middle of the flight plate that looks like a tiny dome. Still feels flat. These are my first experience with the breaker, and I was imagining a Zone type disc.

However, I would probably put these closer to an Envy in flight, rather than a zone. Even at not full power, it held pretty darn straight and just kind of faded out a bit at the end of flight. It fought out of a flex line, but not very drastically. Pretty good glide. Flies pretty darn far.

Though I was disappointed it's not the a zone like disc, it's still fun. I'd still give it Envy numbers before Zone numbers, maybe 3/3/0/2.

TLDR; the SP Breaker I threw was not very OS, glides well, flies far. First experience with the breaker for me.

Cheers

Though I was disappointed it's not the a zone like disc, it's still fun. I'd still give it Envy numbers before Zone numbers, maybe 3/3/0/2.

I'd venture to say that you didn't spend much time reading this thread then. It is pretty well known that the breaker is a full tick down in overstability compared to a zone. That's actually the main reason why I like it so much - it's easier to throw straighter due to the more mild fade, and has enough torque resistance to be good in the wind and on FH shots. For these reasons, it's my favorite throwing putter I've ever used.

I'm sure I've said it here before, but Breakers are "diet" zones. One of my favorite molds, and they excel both BH and FH for me.

So have we ever confirmed or denied these are premium Ringers? I had one years ago and felt like it was. The one I had was definitely a little more stable then an Envy. 0/2 for sure if a Zone is 0/3.

Super similar to a Ringer, looking at the specs. I love mine in DL plastic and am looking for more if anyone has any!

Ringer with a spacer is what I thought was decided years ago. Like the Titanic to a Magnet.

Picked up a TH tour in whatever plastic feels like a mix of rebar and kevlar. Damned good disc. Wanted to explore the best putters, and this is a solid disc. A smidge more stable than my eclipse, but maybe not enough to bag it.

I love how it kinda stall/fades at end of flight. Might keep throwing it, good discs have a way of forcing their way into the bag. I prefer it to the Envy on FH.