• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

Also DGA is coming out with the torrent. Supposed to be a longer hurricane.

I've thrown the Torrent and it's definitely flippier than a Hurricane. It flew really far though, just more like a Cannon or Nuke than a 'cane. I will probably pick up another Torrent when they become production run, but I prefer the thinner rim of the Hurricanes.

I have a Hurricane, but never really got into throwing these. If anyone needs a backup, let me know and perhaps we can set up a trade!

:thmbup:

I think the biggest reason that I love the hurricane more than my old destroyers is the rim. Hurricanes easily have the most comfortable rim of any of the high speed stuff I've thrown.

I think the biggest reason that I love the hurricane more than my old destroyers is the rim. Hurricanes easily have the most comfortable rim of any of the high speed stuff I've thrown.

I notticed that too. The rim of the Hurricane is a little deeper than e.g. Trespass and makes it way more comfortable to grip.

I notticed that too. The rim of the Hurricane is a little deeper than e.g. Trespass and makes it way more comfortable to grip.

I love the little notch that they have on the rim. Almost like a tiny bead. It gives me such a clean release. :clap:

Snagged a few sparkles and an SPflex since I was told they were beefy...sold them within a week. Solid driver, but not what I was looking for. Turned wayyy too much even with a slight hyzer release around the 450'ish golf line distance threshold - very disappointing.

If I was looking for an US distance driver my opinion may be different - they were fresh ta def. I could only imagine what a beat one/intentional torque would throw like...I was looking for something that would fight wind and bomb:|

Snagged a few sparkles and an SPflex since I was told they were beefy...sold them within a week. Solid driver, but not what I was looking for. Turned wayyy too much even with a slight hyzer release around the 450'ish golf line distance threshold - very disappointing.

If I was looking for an US distance driver my opinion may be different - they were fresh ta def. I could only imagine what a beat one/intentional torque would throw like...I was looking for something that would fight wind and bomb:|

Thats pretty strange. I dont quiet thow 450 but Im pretty close and I never turned a SP Hurricane. We had a storm the other day and in a headwind, with a little hyzer it popped up to flat, crused straight and faded late.
The Flex dont even think about turn for me. I took it out off the bage cus its so damn overstable, that I only see a use for it for long spike hyzers and sidearm.

^That's what I wanted, maybe I should give the flex ones another go...I heard time and time again they're plenty overstable. Awe struck when the results were so far off - I don't want to use understable and sparkle Hurricane in the same sentence:(

I love the little notch that they have on the rim. Almost like a tiny bead. It gives me such a clean release. :clap:

This is one of the two witness lines on a disc. I noticed the placement on a Hurricane the other day when comparing it to a Torrent. There is the typical parting line on the edge of the disc that most people are aware of, and then there is this one. It is created where the insert of the mold that makes the wing feature meets the core of the mold. Depending on how the mold was designed, the location of this line can vary. Some discs have this witness line right on the corner of the lip, which some people may find uncomfortable.

Which so you think has more glide...

Esp force or p line hurricane?

The Force is a step more overstable and therefore has less glide. But it really depends more on which PL Cane you get. I think the consistency of the current run varies a lot. Some of them are board flat with high PLH. These are VERY overstable glideless bricks that goes left (RHBH) allmost immediately.
The First Flights PL are a different disc. They have a lower PLH, glide for days and are less overstable than the current run.
I allways look for one with the same PLH as the SP-Line and a little dome, if possible. Those are not so overstable and have good glide.

Yikes. I Have 2 SP Flex Hurricanes and just got back from throwing them flat and as hard as I could into a 20MPH headwind to see what would happen. Absolutely no turn. Maybe you got an odd ball. My regular SP Hurricanes are pretty much like my Prolines.

I really do think it was a fluke because I'm the first person I've heard say that

What's the turn out of a brand new hurricane?

I've got 425' golf distance power and I'm getting no turn... Is this normal...

Are you talking about Proline? And, how many have you tried? They really are all over the place in terms of dome and PLH. I hated the first one I got because it was a flat, glideless meathook. Now that it's well seasoned it's a hyzer flipper or long turnoverer.

What's the turn out of a brand new hurricane?

I've got 425' golf distance power and I'm getting no turn... Is this normal...

If it is a current run Proline then that is normal. They have pretty high parting lines to them. I actually love them for their stability. Keep throwing it and beating it in and you will fall in love with the glide it has.