• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

Emoney

* Ace Member *
I know there are threads out there on this disc, but im interested in ppl that have them in the bag. This disc is more or less a Modified Force. I just bought a couple and was interested in the pros/cons of this disc. I have 2 prolines 172g. What can i expect? This disc on paper seems to rival the destroyer but i dont hear anything about it.

Humor me

I have never been able to tame the power of which is a hurricane. They are much to powerful and cause massive damage. It'd be cool to have a hurricane, but other people would have to name it and it moves to quickly for me.

In my experience, it is more similar to a Nuke than a Force. I don't carry either (or any disc of relatively close in speed).

I used to have a proline that I liked to throw into the wind when I played a lot in west Texas. As soon as it started to flip over, I replaced it with a GL Halo.

It was a good disc and I liked the flight (for the purposes I used it) while it was new. I liked the grip and how it felt and released. I would give it good marks overall, but I won't get another one.

hurricane

In my experience, it is more similar to a Nuke than a Force. I don't carry either (or any disc of relatively close in speed).

↑↑ that is my experience as well. Although just a hair slower. I can throw a hurricane maybe 20 feet shorter. Other than that they are identical to me.

Solid disc, they bomb. They're between a nuke and a force IMO. They handle wind better than a nuke, but easier to throw than a force or destroyer.

I carried one for a long time until they were phased out by GL Halos. Similar flight to me, but I was more consistent with the Halos. I still have a small stack of Hurricanes I use in field work. One thing I noticed - in order of stability they go: First Flight, Proline, Sparkle. Not sure why, but the First Flights were slightly less OS than the production Prolines - another reason they got phased out by Halos for me was that the ones I liked were the first flights.

I have two a P-line hurricane that bombs and is a huge "s" turner, then i have a SP Jon Baldwin hurricane which is exactly between a nuke and a force and it's in the Sp plastic which is awesome! I use it for large hyzers or long straight shots with a late fade. Love them! fits perfectly in my line up of high speed drivers.

Just received 4 First Flight Hurricanes in the mail. All 4 have the same PLH and dome. Comparing them to some of my production Proline Canes I have, 2 of my production runs have the same PLH and same dome. Some of my other production run Canes have a higher PLH and are flat. I'm glad I got a great deal on the FFs as I would have hated to spend big bucks for a stack of discs I already have a stack of. Weather too nasty to test but I expect the FFs to fly just like the production run equals. I'll report back to the 2 readers who care if the FF knocks my socks off.

Just received 4 First Flight Hurricanes in the mail. All 4 have the same PLH and dome. Comparing them to some of my production Proline Canes I have, 2 of my production runs have the same PLH and same dome. Some of my other production run Canes have a higher PLH and are flat. I'm glad I got a great deal on the FFs as I would have hated to spend big bucks for a stack of discs I already have a stack of. Weather too nasty to test but I expect the FFs to fly just like the production run equals. I'll report back to the 2 readers who care if the FF knocks my socks off.

Make that three... Im really excited to know how they turn out for you.
I have many Canes both in SP and PL. The production run (flat and high PLH)
are crazy overstable and basicly glideless.
I have two AM Worlds PL Canes. They are glidy and pretty straight for my arm. Very happy with those.
I also have a FF Yellow Pro Worlds Cane are Understable with a nice turn.
Im pretty excited if they fly the same for you.

Definitely a slightly modified force, and definitely more overstable than a nuke and a little less than some really overstable forces. I've owned 7 so far 5 proline 169-175g and 2 sp 175g. They are all from the newer flat runs and when new they were all equally overstable like a nice overstable force or destroyer thrown flat 400 feet but not meathooks by any means. The prolines beat in at about the same rate as star destroyers. I highly recommend them as a destroyer/force/giant/d1/scorpius/Olace competitor.

If you don't like them, pm me and maybe we can work out something. I hope that you like them. They are my main distance driver. I've never thrown a production run proline though.

I am phasing out my destroyers and going all Proline 'canes for my distance shots just because of the better consistency when compared to destroyers. I'm tired of hunting for good ones. I also live real close to the DGA warehouse, so I can always go in and handpick my favorite Hurricanes.

My view is with the current runs of forces there are flatter forces and domey forces.

Flat forces are zero turn and probably a 3-4 fade at the end.

Domey forces are -1 turn and 2-3 fade.

Hurricanes to me fall in the middle. Straighter all around then the domey forces but not meat hooks like a nice flat first run force.

I threw one of my new First Flight Hurricanes today. It didn't fly any different than one of the fresh production run ones I have that has the same dome and PLH. They're great Hurricanes; I just won't be looking for any more.

On another note, what are you Hurricane throwers using for longer distance drivers. I get 50 or more feet from a Bolt when thrown back to back. It's rare I get more than 350 out of my Hurricanes but my only well seasoned one is flat. Maybe when the FF breaks in I'll see some glide. We're low on glide here at a Mile High.

I threw one of my new First Flight Hurricanes today. It didn't fly any different than one of the fresh production run ones I have that has the same dome and PLH. They're great Hurricanes; I just won't be looking for any more.

On another note, what are you Hurricane throwers using for longer distance drivers. I get 50 or more feet from a Bolt when thrown back to back. It's rare I get more than 350 out of my Hurricanes but my only well seasoned one is flat. Maybe when the FF breaks in I'll see some glide. We're low on glide here at a Mile High.

The first flight will break in to be a bomber. Don't you worry. I have finally made the full commitment to throwing Hurricanes for everything but absolute max distance shots. I unfortunately traded away my first flights, but I can still get my new Hurricanes out past 400' and am breaking one in to get the same distance as my beat up destroyer. The Hurricanes have a ludicrous amount of glide on them. There were a few times when I thought my fresh ones were going to hyzer out and they kept going for another 60 feet. Plus the rim and Proline plastic combine to give an awesome feel in the hand.

Hey Ghost, with an assortment of Hurricanes do you need the Destroyer and Krait in your sig? What do you like for a wide open max bomber? I've been using Bolts but they just don't have enough LSS to be reliable. I just traded for a VIP Air King 159g but it's less LSS than my Bolts.

Hey Ghost, with an assortment of Hurricanes do you need the Destroyer and Krait in your sig? What do you like for a wide open max bomber? I've been using Bolts but they just don't have enough LSS to be reliable. I just traded for a VIP Air King 159g but it's less LSS than my Bolts.

My Destroyer is still my all out distance disc until I break in a Hurricane. The Krait is still new to my bag, but I'm enjoying using it for hyzer flip shots. It is a really straight flyer when I get it right. It remains to be seen if the Krait will stay in the bag, but it's a fun disc.

Threevok- try a nuke! It's my all out distance disc. Pretty consistent 450' with it. Just not real good for disc golf because if the HUGE distance lateral movement.

Latest posts