• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

You may not want to go down this rabbit hole, but I recently picked up a First Flight Hurricane and it is a straight bomber out of the box. They are fairly easy to find on Ebay :D

I was tempted a few times to go down that rabbit hole. I refuse...
I assume a stock Zeus should fly like the FF Hurricane. If all the current Hurricanes flew like the FF, they would have never left my bag.

I dont know what happened to the Hurricane but all these recent runs seem to be too overstable for me to use as my distance driver.

I ordered my first Zeus. If that has the turn i suspect, it may replace the Hurricanes i been fighting to turn over. If not, im thinking about going back to Cranks.

I have 3 tour series Hurricanes and they are taking forever to beat into consistent distance drivers.

I assume a stock Zeus should fly like the FF Hurricane. If all the current Hurricanes flew like the FF, they would have never left my bag.

I dont know what happened to the Hurricane but all these recent runs seem to be too overstable for me to use as my distance driver.

I ordered my first Zeus. If that has the turn i suspect, it may replace the Hurricanes i been fighting to turn over. If not, im thinking about going back to Cranks.

I have 3 tour series Hurricanes and they are taking forever to beat into consistent distance drivers.

I'd be curious to know how the Zeus works for you, so please report back! I'm definitely not a fan of having OOP or hard to find discs in my bag either, but the one I purchased was cheap so I thought I'd give it a try.

I assumed that the Zeus was just as overstable as most modern Hurricanes, but it would be a pleasant surprise if that's not the case.

You may not want to go down this rabbit hole, but I recently picked up a First Flight Hurricane and it is a straight bomber out of the box. They are fairly easy to find on Ebay :D

*sigh* don't tell me that, I'll look into it....I need to pick less money-intensive hobbies....I play disc golf and Magic the Gathering....I try to make both as budget friendly as possible. But when there's a new shiny thing to try....I mean, what do you want me to do, not try it?

All jokes aside, for FR discs, I found a few on eBay for $25ish which isn't bad. I'm going to make a FSOT thread here soon; maybe I can get lucky and fetch a FR for trade to see how it flies.

If you can find the right ones, the Shasta 2019 Tour Series Hurricanes are also total bombers. That being said, I do have one that is as overstable as a Force, so YMMV

If you can find the right ones, the Shasta 2019 Tour Series Hurricanes are also total bombers. That being said, I do have one that is as overstable as a Force, so YMMV

I have a 168 shasta-cane with some dome. The thing is more OS than any Force i have and refuses to glide at all. Kinda rediculous

Any update on how the Zeus flew for you? I'm curious about trying that mold as well and would love to hear how it compared to your Hurricanes.

Do they still make the Punisher? That is supposed to be a broken in Force. I would give that a try for your longest disc then.

Any update on how the Zeus flew for you? I'm curious about trying that mold as well and would love to hear how it compared to your Hurricanes.

Just got it in the mail before i went out of town. Review in a few days.
I have thrown all kinds of hurricanes. Just from the look of the zeus , i would say its faster and has more turn. Will find out soon.

I hate to join in on the latest craze but if it works, it works (shoulder shrug)

I'd be curious to know how the Zeus works for you, so please report back! I'm definitely not a fan of having OOP or hard to find discs in my bag either, but the one I purchased was cheap so I thought I'd give it a try.

I assumed that the Zeus was just as overstable as most modern Hurricanes, but it would be a pleasant surprise if that's not the case.

Ok. So i didnt get a ton of throws in with the Zeus vs Hurricane. I will say i did notice more high speed turn with the Zeus. ALTHOUGH, the Zeus had less glide. So the results were pretty similar between the two.

Forehand the Zeus has a less-deep feeling rim. So i was getting really clean releases with it.

The search continues i guess. Zeus really isnt the answer at this point. I wish i could send my tour series hurricanes to someone the break in for me lol

Ok. So i didnt get a ton of throws in with the Zeus vs Hurricane. I will say i did notice more high speed turn with the Zeus. ALTHOUGH, the Zeus had less glide. So the results were pretty similar between the two.

Forehand the Zeus has a less-deep feeling rim. So i was getting really clean releases with it.

The search continues i guess. Zeus really isnt the answer at this point. I wish i could send my tour series hurricanes to someone the break in for me lol

How much dome does your Zeus have? I ended up ordering a domey one to try for myself, and it should be here today.

The 2020 Tour Series Hurricanes are supposed to be bombers. Not sure when they will be available, but I imagine sometime very soon.

How much dome does your Zeus have? I ended up ordering a domey one to try for myself, and it should be here today.

The 2020 Tour Series Hurricanes are supposed to be bombers. Not sure when they will be available, but I imagine sometime very soon.

My Zeus is basically flat.

My Zeus is basically flat.

My domey Zeus actually seems to fly like my 2019 Tour Series Hurricane :doh: I might just buy all the First Flight Hurricanes I can find at this point, and give up searching for a current production disc with that same flight.

Perhaps the 2020 Tour Series Hurricane will be the ticket...

2020 tour series should be out soon, I've seen Matt Bell post new pro series rubber blend steadys (in different colors, not just grey)

I'd buy some 2020 hurricanes, pipelines, aftershocks, and steadys....the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, right?

2020 tour series should be out soon, I've seen Matt Bell post new pro series rubber blend steadys (in different colors, not just grey)

I'd buy some 2020 hurricanes, pipelines, aftershocks, and steadys....the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, right?

Yea I will probably be buying a Hurricane and a Pipeline as well. Especially if I can find some pretty ones :)

My domey Zeus actually seems to fly like my 2019 Tour Series Hurricane :doh: I might just buy all the First Flight Hurricanes I can find at this point, and give up searching for a current production disc with that same flight.

Perhaps the 2020 Tour Series Hurricane will be the ticket...

I think i seen like 3 FF hurricanes on ebay for reasonable prices (for a limited run)
Also, i would hit "dga all day" on facebook. Post a wanted ad...thats the place to get your hard to find dga goodies

I think i seen like 3 FF hurricanes on ebay for reasonable prices (for a limited run)
Also, i would hit "dga all day" on facebook. Post a wanted ad...thats the place to get your hard to find dga goodies

Yup, I got my first one on EBay for $20 I believe. Just bought a second for $22. It makes too much sense to put together a short stack and call it a day. I don't get to play enough to burn through them anyway.

2020 Shasta Hurricanes and Matt Belly Steadys released yesterday on discgolf.com

I haven't ordered any yet but need to grab a couple of each.