• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite Basket Review (pic heavy)

That cymbal stand looks like a perfect starting point for a homemade basket. Too bad they are so expensive. If you could get one at a thrift shop though, it would be like cheating.

I take my mach lite to the indoor soccer field by my house. I'm allowed to use it b/c I also rent office space there (kinda odd an office building with an indoor soccer field). Works great but there are only 16 chains so the discs sometimes spit out where on a pro basket they would probably suck in...but that just makes you go for more accuracy. It's only about 40 lbs. so it really is easy to carry in the included bag.

Great review! Wish I thought of doing that.

Just went and bought one today. It is awesome and so far i like it. I do believe it is a bit more forgiving than your normal baskets but for practice it is perfect. I can now practice my putting when there is 10 inches of snow on the ground!!!!:clap::hfive:

The Mach Lite is a better basket than the Skillshot, but it is also a bit more expensive. At $150 vs. $130 at a quick glance, the Mach Lite is probably worth the extra $20. The only possible advantages I've seen in my Skillshot, other than that I got slightly used for only $85, is that it seems to set up and take down quicker, and that it may be more durable over time, since it's made of heavier material. Otherwise the Mach Lite is a truly "full sized" basket, and it catches better.

It's only about 40 lbs. so it really is easy to carry in the included bag.

I thought the Mach-lite was around 25 pounds. I've read it listed as 25-ish pounds, but sometimes the shipping weight will list as 40 pounds.

40 would be hard on an old guy like me.

Can anybody else chime in on the actual weight?

The Mach Lite is actually about 25lbs. I don't know where the 40 comes from. Maybe a "shipping package weight" that includes the box, packing materials, instructions, some lead shot just for kicks, yadayada... Same for the Skillshot. The only thing out there that's lighter is the Innova Traveler, at 15lbs.

The Mach Lite is actually about 25lbs. I don't know where the 40 comes from. Maybe a "shipping package weight" that includes the box, packing materials, instructions, some lead shot just for kicks, yadayada... Same for the Skillshot. The only thing out there that's lighter is the Innova Traveler, at 15lbs.

Thank you so much.

With the tripod leg system is this basket able to sit on uneven ground? I have some flat spots in my yard but if I could get it to sit solid on a slope that would be dope!

With the tripod leg system is this basket able to sit on uneven ground? I have some flat spots in my yard but if I could get it to sit solid on a slope that would be dope!

That's one thing I haven't had luck with using my mach lite, it really is made for flat ground. You could build up a platform or level out a spot on a hill if you were going to use it there all the time, or even build a sleeve to pound into the ground and leave the tripod legs off, otherwise it's not going to work so well.

That's one thing I haven't had luck with using my mach lite, it really is made for flat ground. You could build up a platform or level out a spot on a hill if you were going to use it there all the time, or even build a sleeve to pound into the ground and leave the tripod legs off, otherwise it's not going to work so well.

Are there any portable baskets that have slop sitting capabilities?

As soon as I get a full-time job I'm buying this baby.

There are open rec fields at the YMCA right behind my apartment complex that are calling my name.

On the set up for slopes.
I played an 18 hole temp this weekend that had 17 mach lites in use. There were all placed on level ground, but it did get me thinking about how to place one on a slope. You could use scrap wood, like somebody mentioned, but how about driving a tent stake (or similar item) in the ground on the uphill side of the basket placement desired. Then pull the stake out and slide the uphill leg of the basket in the "pilot hole" where the stake was placed. I suspect a little experimenting with the "pilot hole" angle and you'd be good to throw.

Well, I got the basket and I have to say I am 90% pleased with the product. It catches nicely, it folds up and is storage able in 2 min. or less. The 10% I wish I could fix is the legs. It's sits well on flat ground but something where I didn't need to jimmy rig it every place I decide to set up...

I'm trying to create a flexible wedge for mine right now.

I don't have pics at the moment because it is still an idea but I'll let you know what I'm thinking...

Imagine a similar system as a small car jack but put under one side of a 35"x35" platform.

Using two platforms, the lower being a few inches larger than the top. The bottom platform holds two retractable notched peg systems that rise up and notches into the upper platform at different heights, creating different angles. The bottom platform could have a few drilled holes though it, to allow staking it down to the sloped surface.

I hope this makes sense...

DiscCatcherLevel.jpg

i just step the legs into the dirt and build up the other leg works like a dream

When I asked PGA they said they "weren't currently in stock, but blue and black catch just as well."

Does anyone know if/how the Mach Lite is related to Eurodisc's Chainwalker basket? They look alike.