• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Pipeline

What are the flight ratings based on people's feedback?

I'd agree with Infinite: 8/5/0/2

I've only thrown it a few times, but my first impression from maybe 10 throws was really good. It holds a line like a well seasoned Proline Tsunami, but glides more, lands softer and doesn't skip as severe. I only flicked it once but had very similar results. It also felt like it doesn't take as much power to get it to hold a line.

I haven't thrown it in the wind yet, but I'm excited to mess around with it more, and see how it seasons. It's going straight in the bag. It should fit perfectly between my Squalls and Tsunamis.

What would you compare them with?

It reminds me most of a Pinnacle Rival but you could put it in the same category as a Champ Teebird or VIP Thief.

Since I know you throw Aftershocks, I'll probably start powering down a Pipeline for tunnel mid range shots on the edge of Aftershock range that I need to fade late but land soft.

Does anyone know when this disc will have a full release? I can't find it on at of my retailers, is there someone who specializes selling DGA?

I'm in love with this disc. It flies just how it went into my bag: Straight out of the box.

The disc is amazing. It can work all lines you put it on and can hold power. I would also compare it to a TL/Rival.

A few rounds after recieving my Pipelines I noticed a little more give out of them while becoming worn in, and losing their stability out of the hand. Given that they are Prolines and that I've hit rocks, trees, houses, and a bike with them, I'd say that I wasn't helping to keep their initial traits. :eek:

So, I'm excited to see with an SP Pipeline can do. I'm very curious to see if it will be more stable in the beginning and end flights and even glide as well as the Prolines. Either way, It's most likely going to be a stable in my bag.:clap:

Last edited:
Pipeline is a really sweet disc. It will hold a straight line with a stand still drive or turn a little with some power. I'm still figuring out the sweet spot hyzer flip angle to get it to laser at full power, and it's not great in a headwind, but they pair great with Tsunamis which are awesome in the wind.

I've only been bagging it less than 10 rounds, and it's already become a staple. It's kicked out a couple Squalls, and I'm preferring it to the Aftershock on several holes under 300' in the woods.

I found one on the course today. Dunno which plastic. No name with the weight sticker still affixed: 173-174. Its opaque fluorescent green with a first flight stamp. It is definitely not a teebird rival. I threw it side by side with my 3 yr old champ teebird and the nearly new pipeline showed way more high speed turn. I'd liken it to a legacy patriot or perhaps a shorter valkyrie. It is well suited to hyzer flipping.

What's the verdict on the Pipeline? People bagging these? Looking for a nice straight stable fairway that can handle some power...seams like the Pipeline might be it.

I'm trying to figure out where it fits. Is this Undertaker stable or SP Undertow stable or is it close to the new Thrasher or is it Tsunami-lite?

A few rounds after recieving my Pipelines I noticed a little more give out of them while becoming worn in, and losing their stability out of the hand.
[...]
So, I'm excited to see with an SP Pipeline can do. I'm very curious to see if it will be more stable in the beginning and end flights and even glide as well as the Prolines. Either way, It's most likely going to be a stable in my bag.:clap:

My Proline broke in pretty quick too. It takes a bit of hyzer to avoid turn at full power, but it holds pretty well powered down. There's still enough fade for it to fight almost all the way back late when thrown flat at full power, but even new, it had half the hookup of a Tsunami.

I haven't thrown my SP much, but it started out the same as a new Proline with a bit less glide. It also seems a bit more HSS.

I'm trying to figure out where it fits. Is this Undertaker stable or SP Undertow stable or is it close to the new Thrasher or is it Tsunami-lite?

It's SP Undertow stable, but powers down better. It starts out like a 7/10 PL Tsunami with a bit less fade and less skippy. It fits between the PL Tsunami and Undertows and its a little longer than a SP Squall.

It reminded me of a baby SP undertow, a skinny "s" flight when new and thrown flat. I have to hyzer flip it if I am throwing for any distance over ~350. It will pop up ride to the right a little bit before stabling out reliably. I was hoping it would be eagle-x like with the dump at the end but its more gradual like an undertow or FD.

Got a chance to throw a pipeline. It was a white 173g proline. Great feel to the disc. Plastic is nice and rim is very comfortable.
This disc is very easy to throw. Held a nice smooth hyzer or had a little late turn when thrown flat. This was a great addition to the DGA lineup. I will def be looking out for a SP to add to the bag.

I did a little field work the other day, and here's where I've decided the Pipelines fit in the DGA lineup (from least to most OS):

PL Undertow
PL Pipeline
SP Pipeline
SP Undertow
PL Tsunami

To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference in stability between the SP Pipeline and the SP Undertow. The SP Undertow might have a touch more HSS, but I think it's mostly due to its higher speed.

If anyone is looking for Pipelines in SP plastic, Sun King discs has a few left with tourney stamps. I love this disc, it's become my staple fairway driver.

Has anyone else found the SPs to be less stable than the Prolines? My SPs at 173 are less stable than my Prolines at 169

Is the Pipeline going to be released into SP production?

I picked up a Jon Baldwin signature series Pipeline from the DGA website, and oh man are these great. It has less turn than my other Proline did out of the box, but it still glides great as you would expect. Plastic itself reminds me a lot of my old opaque Pro (pre-champion) Firebird. These are definitely a winner!

Latest posts