• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Pipeline

Just picked up an upper 160s pro Pipeline. I don't know what to say except it's smooth and pleasant to throw. It's fresh, so we'll see how it changes as it beats in. Workable turn but far from flippy, and has a soft but definite end fade.

Is it the pipeline that is suppose to be a worn in tsunami/pred?

Yes. When new, they're like beat up Tsunamis. But as they season, they begin to develop more of an "S" flight.

I like my Proline Pipeline for uphill drives and standstill shots. It has also beat down into a turnover option with late hookup and it's almost a serviceable roller.

My SP is more like a Teebird or a really beat up Tsunami with a bit of turn from a slight hyzer release and predictable fade.

Pipeline makes the bag.

I've been thinking of getting a Pipeline for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger on it and acquired a 168g Proline Pipeline. Color is bright green that's easy to spot.

The Pipeline feels good in the hand. Rim is not too wide, the disc does not feel too deep. The plastic looks like Gold Line but is softer/gummier, but not as soft as GStar. Maybe Shimmer Star is the closest comparison.

Took the Pipeline to the course Friday. Threw it on some tunnel shots in the woods. The Pipeline did very well. It went really straight, with some fade at the very end of the flight. Glide is pretty good, not a brick but not a River, either.

Took it to the range today, along with some Novas for form work; and also two S-TL3s, two C-Leopard3s, one S-Leo3, one S-Exodus, one S-Eagle-L, and one ea. Patriot and Phenom, both in Icon plastic.

In distance, the Leo3s beat the Pipeline (and well they should), but none of the other discs did. On straight flat throws, the Pipeline was again very straight, with reliable fade at the end. When I got the Pipeline up high into the air more, it showed the "2" fade that is assigned to it, but did not fade quite as much as the Exodus or Eagle-L.

Only question now is how durable Proline plastic is, how long the flight pattern will be retained before it starts beating in. I'm going to find out; I'm putting the Pipeline in the bag and will be using it a good bit.

TL;DR: Really good disc. Aptly named.

found a John Baldwin signature edition pipeline in a local used bin. It does even look like it has been thrown. Has anyone thrown these? are they good fliers or should I just put it on the wall because it looks awesome.

SD86,
My experience with proline is that you will get an initial break in then it will hold a sweet spot for a while. that is what my tsunamis do anyway.

SD86,
My experience with proline is that you will get an initial break in then it will hold a sweet spot for a while. that is what my tsunamis do anyway.

Sounds good. I'm hoping it'll retain the straight flight and just lose some of the LSS finishing fade. Then it will rock on the straight tunnel shots in the woods on my home course. So are your Proline Tsunamis holding up, durability-wise?

proline tsunami break in by going farther before they start there fade. My 1 proline pipeline ( I know huge sample size) is doing the same thing as it broke in it seem to hold the straight hss longer before the lss kicks in. It is almost like you beat some extra glide in.

I've been thinking of getting a Pipeline for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger on it and acquired a 168g Proline Pipeline. Color is bright green that's easy to spot.

The Pipeline feels good in the hand. Rim is not too wide, the disc does not feel too deep. The plastic looks like Gold Line but is softer/gummier, but not as soft as GStar. Maybe Shimmer Star is the closest comparison.

Took the Pipeline to the course Friday. Threw it on some tunnel shots in the woods. The Pipeline did very well. It went really straight, with some fade at the very end of the flight. Glide is pretty good, not a brick but not a River, either.

Took it to the range today, along with some Novas for form work; and also two S-TL3s, two C-Leopard3s, one S-Leo3, one S-Exodus, one S-Eagle-L, and one ea. Patriot and Phenom, both in Icon plastic.

In distance, the Leo3s beat the Pipeline (and well they should), but none of the other discs did. On straight flat throws, the Pipeline was again very straight, with reliable fade at the end. When I got the Pipeline up high into the air more, it showed the "2" fade that is assigned to it, but did not fade quite as much as the Exodus or Eagle-L.

Only question now is how durable Proline plastic is, how long the flight pattern will be retained before it starts beating in. I'm going to find out; I'm putting the Pipeline in the bag and will be using it a good bit.

TL;DR: Really good disc. Aptly named.
Probably should be flying a little farther than Leo3s. It's a speed 8 and Leo3 is 7. Definitely outpaces my regular leopards. Maybe it's just your leos are more beat in though.

Probably should be flying a little farther than Leo3s. It's a speed 8 and Leo3 is 7. Definitely outpaces my regular leopards. Maybe it's just your leos are more beat in though.

My Leo3s are more understable right out of the box (two of the three are Champion plastic, I'll retire from DG unable to throw discs before they beat in), and that 7-8 speed difference is all relative and is not all that much. For example, the TL3 is labeled speed 8, and the TL speed 7, but the TL3 is not really any longer for me than the TL. The understability of the Leo3s may be what's helping them to get out farther.

Anyhoo, I'm liking the really straight flight of the Pipeline for tunnel shots in the woods. It's awesome on my home course...

My Leo3s are more understable right out of the box (two of the three are Champion plastic, I'll retire from DG unable to throw discs before they beat in), and that 7-8 speed difference is all relative and is not all that much. For example, the TL3 is labeled speed 8, and the TL speed 7, but the TL3 is not really any longer for me than the TL. The understability of the Leo3s may be what's helping them to get out farther.

Anyhoo, I'm liking the really straight flight of the Pipeline for tunnel shots in the woods. It's awesome on my home course...

That is interesting. I have a Star Leo3 at 162g, and it is more overstable than both of my Pipelines, which are 167-169g in Proline plastic. For me, the Pipelines have a distinct right turn/flip up early in the flight (RHBH).

That is interesting. I have a Star Leo3 at 162g, and it is more overstable than both of my Pipelines, which are 167-169g in Proline plastic. For me, the Pipelines have a distinct right turn/flip up early in the flight (RHBH).

It might be that Star Leo3 of yours just molded up more overstable. It happens. I'm preferring my Champ Leo3s more than my Stars right now, though the Swirly Star Hannah Leatherman Leo3s are also awesome and fly like the Champs. I'd taken the Pipeline out of my bag to experiment with other plastic, but it may be back in when Summer gives way to Fall...

One of my friends handed me a pipeline yesterday to try out. I'm a little skeptical because the undertaker has had a solid place in my bag for a while now (I carry 3, a FR, an ESP, and a 168 Z) but figure I'll try it just because I really like the DGA stuff I've tried.

I guess I'm interested in how it would fit in my bag. Sounds like it has a little more high speed stability than an undertaker?

One of my friends handed me a pipeline yesterday to try out. I'm a little skeptical because the undertaker has had a solid place in my bag for a while now (I carry 3, a FR, an ESP, and a 168 Z) but figure I'll try it just because I really like the DGA stuff I've tried.

I guess I'm interested in how it would fit in my bag. Sounds like it has a little more high speed stability than an undertaker?

I haven't thrown the Undertaker, and I could very well be wrong, but I thought the Undertaker was a beefier Pipeline. The Pipeline starts out pretty straight with some forward fade, and it will develop a gentle turn pretty quickly as it beats in, but maintains most of the fade. Domey ones will glide (turn) more.

I've been curious how these compare, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts as you become familiar with it.

I haven't thrown the Undertaker, and I could very well be wrong, but I thought the Undertaker was a beefier Pipeline. The Pipeline starts out pretty straight with some forward fade, and it will develop a gentle turn pretty quickly as it beats in, but maintains most of the fade. Domey ones will glide (turn) more.

I've been curious how these compare, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts as you become familiar with it.

So far - and keep in mind I've only had a round or two with one in the bag - the undertaker has a tick more high speed turn and a bit more fade, and less glide. I can definitely hit the pipeline a little flatter and it stays straighter through the entire flight. Maybe that's where the slightly smaller rim and larger diameter of the pipeline makes a difference. The pipeline feels more like a true fairway driver, where the undertaker feels like a slower control driver. For reference I throw these discs in the 350' range, stretching out to 380' top end.

I've heard that in PL plastic they do lose a bit of HSS after the initial wear in, but I've grabbed a couple of SP and Sig PL to see how those wear (slower hopefully) It feels like the pipeline fits in my lineup a little better between the predator and mantis.

Last edited:
I've heard that in PL plastic they do lose a bit of HSS after the initial wear in, but I've grabbed a couple of SP and Sig PL to see how those wear (slower hopefully)

The one new Sig line Pipeline I tested was a little less stable out of the box. Pretty easy to get to hold a turn.

The SP's, in my opinion, fly quite a bit like a brand new Champ TL in terms of stability...only a notch or two faster.

The one new Sig line Pipeline I tested was a little less stable out of the box. Pretty easy to get to hold a turn.

The SP's, in my opinion, fly quite a bit like a brand new Champ TL in terms of stability...only a notch or two faster.

I always thought a Z undertaker flew a lot like a Champ TL. Hopefully I'll get my order of pipelines in today so I can have a few days to play with them before making a decision as to which I'll move forward with. I feel like undertakers are very versatile but also maybe a bit more speed sensitive.

I probably said this earlier in the thread, but I'll post here in reply to the previous few posts: my Proline Pipeline flew between a (fresh) premium plastic Teebird and a TL/FD/Leopard3/River range disc. A fresh Champion TL is a decent comparison, but the Pipeline (fresh and new) finished with a bit more of a fade. It's a good disc, but kind of 'caught up' between all those other great speed-7-'ish' molds...

Every once in a while, you get to pick up and throw a disc on a whim that is immediately "your disc".

The pipeline is that for me. The feel of the throw with them, getting great flight without having to feel like I need to smash it. Working lines out to distances I'm not used to. Throwing accurate hyzer flips out to 360' with what feels like minimal effort.

I'll probably expand my predator lineup for better complimentary flights, but for anything that doesn't need a hard left finish, I'm going to be pulling out a pipeline.

Even better, once I get one beat in, I can definitely see myself dropping the mantis from the lineup. Then I'll be condensed to 3 driver molds which sounds awesome to me

Last edited:
Brandon, keeps us posted on your progress. I'll be interested to hear how the new signature proline flies for you. It's a little more flexier than a regular pipeline.

By the way...if you can find yourself a JB Signature Edition Pipeline, snag one. They're the bee's knees.