• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA : UNDERTOW?

The only way I can see this disc going mainstream is if Discraft pros discover that Undertows are the perfect compliments to their seasoned Preds. Maybe? Longer, less stable Stalker? Seems like a viable possibility.

I got the team sparkle line ones in on Monday and have been out testing them all week and I have to say I'm quite impressed by how smooth this disc flies. It has way more glide than I was expecting and flies straight with smooth easy finish without much skipping. I already see this disc being used in my bag. It will be a perfect tight wooded shot as well as the focus of throwing confident shots that fly similar to a stalker with more speed.

Anybody else thrown these? Is it similar to a TD Rush or OLS? Are they a good complement to a Predator?

I've always been a supporter of DGA considering the link to Steady and the fact that they produce arguably the most consistent plastic on the market. I'd be interested in trying one out and could give a rat's ass what anyone decides to call there discs b/c I'll probably be wiping the stamp off regardless.
Squall is highly underated and I've always dug the Rogue.
Plus Scott Keasey is a solid guy and I'd rather support anyone other than Innova.

DGA is a great company. They help out with alot of tourneys around here. Yes, their discs are generally overlooked. But I can vouch for the Hurricane, Aftershock, Squall and Tsunami.

been throwing for awhile now, good strait flight. i love my sp line one

Threw a few of these at a CTP contest during a tournament yesterday. I'll buy the "faster Leopard" thing. I threw 4 or 5 of them in various weights, and all but one flew like that (one of them was markedly more flippy). With reasonably clean form, hyzer release, thrown at about 300 feet of power, the disc flattened out a bit. Thrown flatter, it turned and came back.

The grip/feel of the plastic on these varied widely. Half of them were tacky and grippy. The other half were slick, almost greasy feeling. Not sure why, since I assume they all came out of the same box.

I won one of them, and I guess I'll throw it on occasion, but I do not see it taking over for my TLs, and I have a hard time seeing people go to this instead of a SW or RR or Valk. But who knows? I will say that having this disc in my possession doesn't make me, like, not want to check out the FD.

Also, it most assuredly does not fly like a Teebird, on my experience, by the way -- I know I saw someone above say that.

DGA is a great company. They help out with alot of tourneys around here. Yes, their discs are generally overlooked. But I can vouch for the Hurricane, Aftershock, Squall and Tsunami.

I always have a Hurricane, Tsunami and Rogue (for rollers) in the bag. Looks like I will have to make a new purchase soon, especially if it is similar to a crush.

My quick look at pictures online make me believe it is similar to the Nuke SS. I have not spent time looking at the specs, so I could be horribly off when I was eyeballing the picture.

I purchased one because I want to desperately win those baskets for my church. And who knows, it may turn out to be a great discs. I am not looking for a Nuke SS. What I would be looking for is a disc that turns when powered and thrown relatively flat, but does not flip and burn. It is tough to find a disc that turns but does not flip.

I am not looking for a Nuke SS. What I would be looking for is a disc that turns when powered and thrown relatively flat, but does not flip and burn. It is tough to find a disc that turns but does not flip.
i bet the disc will be a lot more what you're looking for than you think.

weird sentence there, but you'll dig the undertow. it's nowhere near as fast as a Nuke SS. the tester feedback i got was SOLS-like... smooth-straight and power-turn.

weird sentence there, but you'll dig the undertow. it's nowhere near as fast as a Nuke SS. the tester feedback i got was SOLS-like... smooth-straight and power-turn.

I over-power the SOLS, but that was four years ago with a very OAT-laden throw. So who knows.

Honestly, I am not really looking for anything because my bag is fairly set. I can force the Axis or Sword into turns without flipping, but it would be nice to have something that was not as forced. It is not a necessity, so I am not holding my breath on the Undertow. But who knows, I might be surprised.

Get a XS or XL for long slow turns. Or Cyclone

my dad gets some of his best throws with the Undertow, he doesn't have a big arm and throws old shool so he anny's a lot of stuff fopr distance. He's able to throw a 168g (i believe) Undertows flat and hit some serious d with it.