• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to sound pessimistic, but this is probably going to be my only post on this thread, unless I finally ace hole 15 at Old Farm park, like I come close to EVERY TIME I play that course. :wall: :doh:

Got mine on Johnson st, hole number 12. I was throwing the shot between two trees and it nicked one and then went straight towards the basket, hit the chains and dropped. I stood in shock for a second while my buddies went crazy. I was using a 172 z stalker.

2nd Ace!

Today I got my second ace overall on #2 (213ft) at Adair Park with my 172g Elite-Z Crush. It was my first skip ace and my first ace with a witness.

Today I got my second ace overall on #2 (213ft) at Adair Park with my 172g Elite-Z Crush. It was my first skip ace and my first ace with a witness.
Wow, with a Crush? On such a short hole? I like that hole because I'm a lefty! I've almost gotten an ace on that hole once using a R-Pro Dart, but I missed it by throw it it right over the basket by a foot.

Thanks, here is the disc that did the deed.

66840_g.jpg

Wow, with a Crush? On such a short hole? I like that hole because I'm a lefty! I've almost gotten an ace on that hole once using a R-Pro Dart, but I missed it by throw it it right over the basket by a foot.

Yeah I know it's a really short hole for a Crush :eek:, but I have my reasons. I throw RHFH on the hole and air it out towards the road. The overstable plastic helps to ensure I stay inbounds. In both positions the trees and power pole/lines make it best to come at the basket from the left side, but it needs to cut hard to the right. The little tree in front of the short position makes a skip useful in reaching the basket.

Bummer you were so close to hitting an ace yourself and didn't get it. I hit chains a few months ago with a similar throw to my ace, so keep doing what your doing and it will come.

How old is that thing?!

Well it's a 10x Roc, Climo won his 10th World Championship sometime between 2000 and 2005, don't remember which year. It's been in my bag for about 4 years though. It was already pretty beat up when I got it. Actually has some really old ace ink I can't read from the previous owner.

I hit my 10th yesturday..but it was my first at my home course. Matter Park hole #5 "A" location 179ft with Champion Aviar 2nd on that disc.

2 weeks ago I hit the same shot for my 9th Ace I hit for my 8th Ace. It was Hole #4 Valley View Park in New Berlin WI. I threw a low Star Gator trying to skip it off the sidehill of mulch on the right side of the fairway . . . this has become my newest shot to try and get it close without shooting hard to the left. The last time I called my shot and it did exactly what I wanted it to do . . . this time I was just trying to get it close and it still went in . . . so I was happy.

That was my 4th ace with that disc and my 9th overall.

Then today on my 8 course marathon through Southern WI and Northern IL I hit my shortest ace of all time for my 10th ace overall. Today was on Hole #6 at Hanna Beardsley School in Crystal Lake, IL. It was yet again with a Star Gator , but this time there was a headwind so I threw my more stable Gator and didn't play any skip this time . . . I simply threw it right in.

SO as it stands right now 1/2 (5) of my 10 aces are with a star gator . . . I also use it for all of my upshots so it doesn't surprise me at all that it is the most often aced disc of mine.

Hit a forehand skip ace with my echo star excalibur back on September 12th at Oak Park in Wichita, KS. It was my first and it was AWESOME!

Congrats! My first ace was a forehand skip as well! It's a fantastic feeling, isn't it?

I had 3 aces this summer 2 at glacier ridge one of my local courses. However the ace I got playing in Orlando first and only time playing it. Was only there for a week to help a friend move from Columbus Ohio to Orlando so not a lot of time for disc unfortunately. I will remember that ace for a long time. The best part was it was blind so I got a great sound but no visual.

It's about time!!!

Finally got my first ace. It took 3 years but I got one, and with the buzzz I just got back today after chucking it in the same hole. Mother nature made sure I got it too. Lol. Its a shorter hole like 165' but it's over a pond. We had pretty high winds today. I always take the safe route over the bridge. I hang out a nice hyzer just tryin to get it to the basket. A gust of wind picks it up about 15' and I'm thinking "oh no! Way too big." another gust of wind pushes it back down and hits dead center chains. It took about 3 seconds before I realized it stuck. Lol Just had to come boast a lil.

Finally got my first ace. It took 3 years but I got one, and with the buzzz I just got back today after chucking it in the same hole. Mother nature made sure I got it too. Lol. Its a shorter hole like 165' but it's over a pond. We had pretty high winds today. I always take the safe route over the bridge. I hang out a nice hyzer just tryin to get it to the basket. A gust of wind picks it up about 15' and I'm thinking "oh no! Way too big." another gust of wind pushes it back down and hits dead center chains. It took about 3 seconds before I realized it stuck. Lol Just had to come boast a lil.

WOW!! talk about luck, do u mind giving me some? :thmbup: congrats

#11 City Park NOLA, nice work! Know a bunch of folk were probably around to see it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts