• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a good place to make a first post. I got my first ace at zilker park in Austin a week ago. South loop hole 5, 228' according to this site. I sidearmed a dart with a pretty good tailwind.

1st Ace at Knobley Mt. DGC... Ever!

Got my first ace of the year (actually my first in the last two years) from the Red tee on Hole #8 at Knobley Mt. DGC. This was also the first ever official ace on KMDGC. It's 189', slightly uphill, with a well protected pin. Threw my trusty Star Stingray with more hyzer than usual to compensate for a significant headwind. It turned over as expected and then got a big wind bump pushing it probably 5-10' higher than the original line. Came back hard left at the end, splashing the chains. I wasn't sure if it stuck or not, but it did! Here's the hole as seen during the Summer.

Tee
picture.php

Fairway
picture.php

Basket
picture.php

Had a sick ace with my 175g lime Volt today.

cBvJCni.jpg

Basket is behind the clump of pine trees to the right. Left to right crosswind around 10mph. Ripped it hard and low with a touch of hyzer just over the hill, flipped up and turned over gently, getting a bit of lift from the wind and cruising right under the low hanging pines to smash top right chains and drop.

Looking back from the basket

That's a pretty looking hole!!! Nice one to ace! :clap:

So at todays Icebowl @ Channahon community park.. I get to my starting hole #7 with about 5 min to throw a drive and get a couple warm up putts.

A guy in front of me throws... I step up on the teepad with my green Axis. The night before in bed I was thinking how Im going to throw this green axis instead of my comet on this hole.

I toss it on a beautiful anny over a couple peoples heads and heard a loud chainz sound - I just hear my buddy yell, YOU GOT AN ACE!!! Cool to get an ace... just too bad it wasn't a couple minutes later for big $ :doh:

bd5a121a.jpg

8ec3837f.jpg

99b272cf.jpg

Bagged my 4th Ace today while playing in the Buffalo Ice bowl. 324' anhyzer shot with an eleven time teebird.

Too bad I didn't know that there was an ace pool.... There were 108 people playing. But hey, I have a new longest and sweetest looking ace.

Saturday, February 9, 2013: Disc golf ace #5 (220 feet)
Sunday, February 10, 2013: Golf hole-in-one #3 (181 yards)

Needless to say, I had a very enjoyable weekend :)

My First Ace

Not that anyone really cares, but I'm sure you all know how that first Ace felt. I finally got mine after like 10+ months of playing. It was a fairly simple hole. straight shot to the pin which sits 214ft. from the tee, but there is a pretty tight wooded areas before it opens up. Was throwing my Innova Star Kite.

What it looks like from the tee...this is an old pic from the course info here on DGCR. You can see the tight window you have to make it through and the pin in the opening.
9fd710f4.jpg

And here is the disc that finally popped my cherry! :)
20130209_135423_zps4c979d1b.jpg

This disc was also my second dye job!
20121228_080131.jpg

Congrats on the Ace, especially with it being your first one !:clap:

Ahhh yes, the old Vision Gator design. Nice. :thmbup:

That's a pretty looking hole!!! Nice one to ace! :clap:

Thanks! It was a really cool looking shot, real low, dead straight the first 3/4's of the flight, then that perfect flip up to the right with a little help from the wind.

Just got my longest FH Ace about twenty minutes ago. It was a whopping 250' haha.

h9mag1G.jpg

Normally I FH a Volt or similar neutral slower driver here and on a good shot park it or run it. Had a sick drive earlier in the round with my XXX so figured I'd give it a shot here. Flicked it hard and flat, but a little higher than I normally throw on this hole. Apparently a little height is just what I needed, because it flew right into the heart of the chains. Thought it'd fade too soon since I'm not used to flicking such OS plastic but it hit the line perfectly.

Got my 1st ace of the year 7th of my career today after school. It was on New Holstein's 9 holer on hole 6 which is 185'. Earlier in the week I thought it would be more consistent and easier to throw the hole from a standstill due to a large snow drift on the tee. So I stepped up to the tee with my red Z Comet and as I released I almost slipped on a patch of ice causing me to throw sky high. As I stood and watched the disc hang in the air it slowly started its decent straight down. At the very last second it just barely faded into the heart of the chains. I did as Vince Lombardi once said and I acted like I had been there before even though the feeling of getting an ace will never get old.

First throw of the day!

Hole 1 Riverside DGC. Victoria, TX.
300 ft.
170 GL River

Was so excited I proceeded to take a 6 on hole 2 :clap:

First Ace of the year - ending a 3 year drought! It happened during a casual round, but I couldn't be happier!

Vista del Camino, Hole #1, 340ft

786e24e6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts