• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got me one at Eldo on New Year's day. Hyzer flipped between the mando and another tree on the right side. It flipped straight almost half way, glided, turned and banged chains. It was like in slo-mo. Lost sight of it for a sec and when I went to the other side of the tree, just saw the basket then my Teebird dropping in.

Played at an Ace Race 4 days later and couldn't hit metal to save my life. Go figure. :/

Just got one earlier today after playing a safari round. Decided to finish up with the actual ninth (last) hole. 165' using my friend's 157 gram Magic, just kind of messing around. Hyzer flip and it just started floating at the basket. Wasn't even paying attention. Heard metal and my friend was laughing his ass off in the snow. Looked and it was just sitting there. Still didn't find the Striker I lost under the snow there last week though :(. I want it back.

Nailed hole 1 at Dandridge Elementary DGC yesterday with my ssss wizard. That makes 2 in my short career. Not a bad way to start off 2013!

Aced #2 at Santa Anita in Sacramento today! It's a short course and we were playing only putters - 130', but I'll take it. I've only played the course twice and I have two aces there. Made my day!

Hit #1 at Ferrum College on Thursday, 10 January. I had thrown several practice throws from the long tees to get my arm warmed up. I had intended to throw beat R-Pro Rhyno for #1, but grabbed the Meteor instead. Threw a great line... Crash. Woo hoo! Too bad I threw the rest of the round super-crappily.

aced hole 2 at Lake Park today. my second ace and it was with the same disc, an X buzzz.

kind of anticlimactic because i was accidentally throwing on a group. playing alone and had my headphones on so i wasn't hearing their putts. i thought i saw a bunch of heads over the hill on the next box so i went ahead and teed off. great looking drive but then i heard someone yell "we're still putting!". i felt terrible, waited for them to putt out, then came over the hill. i started apologizing and they were all laughing. the guy says "wanna know where your disc was? in the chains!" i thought he was joking. he said he was about to putt and all of a sudden this disc just flies out of nowhere and lands in the chains.

so i had 5 witnesses to sign my disc. running out of space on this thing!

got my first ace of 2013 over the weekend.. kinda cool BirdmanCR brought me a seaosned pro-d challenger to try out.. first ever toss with it.. ching :)

#16.. Century Park, Greer SC (basket to tee)

82b37db7.jpg

Got my first of 2013 last Sunday(Jan 6th) in my first round of the year (Weekly Doubles). Hole #3 at Veterans Park(Lexington), decided to throw a FH S-turn down the right side(BH route) and got my first ace on this hole. Never thrown that line before - Have gotten metal many times throwing the regular FH route.

Got me another 2013 ace!!! It was at Moser Park, #12 from the short tee. Think its only 130ft but this one was a left-handed shot. Count it!

I got my 1st ace of the year yesterday on blind hole #14 Blue at Dorey Park in Varina Va with a Z Nuke. The course info has most of the long holes listed incorrectly. This one is 265ft from tee to edge of drop off. I'll work on getting an accurate measurement and then update the info. It was ace #147, I will get to 150 this year.

First ace of 2013, and 6th overall. Thursday, January 10. Hole #1 at Ferrum College: 160 ft. uphill anny with a Meteor. I was going to throw R-Pro Rhyno and then changed my mind. Thank goodness! It was a great way to start a round, even though I hit way too many trees during the remainder of the round to equate it with any sort of long-term success. :)

Aaaaaand I'm an idiot, since I didn't realize I already posted about this. :doh: I guess I have to go hit another one now...

Last edited:
Hate to post a practice shot here, but it's all that I have. I was playing the red tees on my Knobley Mt. DGC this past Sunday, breaking in some new plastic, throwing several tee shots per hole. I was scoring and finishing out only my first throws off the tee. So, sadly, it was my third throw with a new Classic Aviar that stuck. Wish it had been my first shot, but it was still a lot of fun.

I got my 1st ace of the year yesterday on blind hole #14 Blue at Dorey Park in Varina Va with a Z Nuke. The course info has most of the long holes listed incorrectly. This one is 265ft from tee to edge of drop off. I'll work on getting an accurate measurement and then update the info. It was ace #147, I will get to 150 this year.

Well done!

First ace of the year for me last saturday at Bakerview Park in Mount Vernon, WA. Not as big a deal as everyone else's because it's a pole course, and hitting a 6x6 pole is much easier than hitting the basket and getting it to stay in. Hole #7, 147 feet, and it was coming in to the left when it hit the tree and judiciously bounced perfectly to the pole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts