• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I aced hole 5 at Evergreen Open Space in Goleta, CA a completely blind shot that i birdie about 50% of the time. This was from the short pad after we played a round from the long tees. The next day, I played longs in the early afternoon again. Our doubles league plays right after we finished, and we weren't going to play originally, but decided to stay. We meet at hole 5 coincidentally, and it was our starting hole. I was the first on the pad and it was the first time I'd played the hole since I aced it the previous day. I stepped up and aced it again, for money this time though. Back to back times playing the hole and I aced it. Then 6 holes later I aced hole 11. It was quite the series of events

This year has been quite the year for me...I aced hole 3 of the Dragons Lair here in Korea (on a DG Nomad target, no less!) which is a pretty tricky hole. You can try a hyzer flip up the gut and risk the trees, or try the scary hyzer bomb, throwing over OB almost the entire way with the possibility of going long...into more OB.

A took the hyzer route with a Star Teerex...see that wall behind me? Yeah, that's what my disc bounced off of...and into the chains! It was a one in a million, super lucky shot. I did it in front of four non-playing witnesses. Of course, they could have cared less about my accomplishment, but I was psyched nonetheless!

1174555_10201880235789859_23543455_n.jpg

Career Ace #5 for me came on Friday the 13th at Adler Park.

Hole #9 with a relatively new-to-me Star Teebird during a solo, casual round. I have been throwing the Pig or the Roc on this hole, but grabbed the Teebird because there was a healthy headwind when I stepped up to the hole.

It was nice to finally record an Ace at my home away from home course. :thmbup:

7eb9a077.jpg

Not me yet but I witnessed my first ace on the course today. Me and two buddies are coming up on eight. Another buddy and his two daughters meet us there. We let the two girls throw. My one buddy looks at me and says watch this, skip ace to show the girls. I am like yeah right. He lines up for a left hand forehand and sure as heck skips it clean right into the basket. The whole crew erupts. What an awesome way to finish the day.

I aced hole 16 at Brandywine to start the DDGC! It was marked as 419 but played about 450. I had to hit a 8 foot gap about 200 feet down the fairway and it was into a headwind.

I aced hole 16 at Brandywine to start the DDGC! It was marked as 419 but played about 450. I had to hit a 8 foot gap about 200 feet down the fairway and it was into a headwind.

And THAT, good sir, is why you are on Team Discraft and the rest of us (except for Mj, that is) aren't!

Buffalo Ridge
Alternate 6 (AKA Hole "J") Basket "A". About 150'
Hit the same basket in the "C" position in April. Used the same disc for both. That one's getting full!!

Just hit my first ace on hole #10 at a mini held on 9/15 at Taylor Lake Village.

It was my second mini, but first time paying into an ace pot after the TD convinced me to. I started off strong with a birdie and played decent for 2-3 more holes, then imploded and everything went terrible. I got in my head.

It was our last hole of the day, and I was determined to at least get a birdie to raise my spirits. I stepped up to the tee after everyone else and ripped it on a perfect hyzer line through the trees. CHING! Nothing but chains, loud and clear. I couldn't see it because of some trees in the way so I didn't want to celebrate too early, but once I turned to the other players on my card I knew I had it. I ended up tying for last place.

Got a few signatures on my Buzzz, $200, and a great end to the worst game that I've ever played.

Attachments

• DG1.jpg
    DG1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DG2.jpg
    DG2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
I hit my third ace last Friday (the 13th!) on hole #10 (red tee) at Colorado Heights University DGC.

I was playing a tour guide round with my friends (Klay and his wife) prior to the Rocky Mountain Women's DG Championship. I threw my Buzzz on a laser line and crashed the chains. Good thing too, because there is OB about 25 ft. behind the pin.

:D

Valmont, Hole 5 (the shorty on the hill)

ALone, cubby, RFF Wizard. Down the hill to the left of the nasty little snagging bush, floaty, glide-y and KACHING. I whooped out loud, hoping the kids in the projects on the other side of the street could hear me. Happy happy happy.:D

Got number 9 on Friday night playing glowie. 325 foot hyzer bomb with a 11x FB!

I got one on Friday, 9/20/13 with a 165g Elite-X Comet on hole #9 at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD. The shot was a nice glidey anny that would have put down about 10' to the right of the basket, pin high... Instead, the last tree branch gave it a little kiss and allowed it to settle down right in the center of the chains. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.