• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

May 9, Pier Park, winter layout #18, 304 feet, hyzer flipped Ti Comet.

Attachments

• ace2.jpg
    ace2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 28
  • ace1.jpg
    ace1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 37
Sometime in April, DeWitt, Iowa, hole 17.

Shortish hole, but being a left my only way was a smooth ani.

Was my first and only ace so far, it was the most beautiful thing I've seen.

Champion T-Bird

NICE! ive managed to hit every part of that basket this year and nothing has stuck yet :(

I know. I've had all kinds of bounce-offs this winter. So I finally slowed everything down and just floated a Comet at it. It was a pretty one.

I aced it earlier this winter with a skipped-in Envy (after banging the bottom of the cage a few times). It was nowhere near as pretty. And it was cubby, so...

May 9, Pier Park, winter layout #18, 304 feet, hyzer flipped Ti Comet.
Way to end the round buddy! Acing at Pier is no easy task either. Hyzer flip for the win. And at over 300' that's awesome. Wish I was there, comet ace must have looked so smooth.
NICE! ive managed to hit every part of that basket this year and nothing has stuck yet :(
Hole 18 seems to be attainable, yet sneaky and elusive. There's no gimmes there.

Good job David!

Bless me brothers for I have aced. It's been since june 2o13 since my last ace. It was the island hole 9 at Sunset in Rocky Mount. No witness because once again I had the park to myself. I've hit this hole before about four years ago. so sweet to stand on the tee with your disc in the basket. not getting an ace at all in 2014 was kinda a bummer for me even if I didn't want to care.

About a week ago I lost an old Star Sidewinder with many years and a couple aces on it. My ace today was with the SW I replaced the lost one with. Hurray!

Bless me brothers for I have aced. It's been since june 2o13 since my last ace. It was the island hole 9 at Sunset in Rocky Mount. No witness because once again I had the park to myself. I've hit this hole before about four years ago. so sweet to stand on the tee with your disc in the basket. not getting an ace at all in 2014 was kinda a bummer for me even if I didn't want to care.

About a week ago I lost an old Star Sidewinder with many years and a couple aces on it. My ace today was with the SW I replaced the lost one with. Hurray!

Nice hole to ace, probably the signature hole at Sunset.
So was it straight in, or did you skip it off the street?

first forehand ace today at Bud Miller DGC on hole 4, 296' hyzer to a basket tucked behind some trees. It was my third ace ever and my second one in two weeks. Also it was super special cause I had the wife and 1 year old with me playing that morning.

After popping my cherry on February 10, 2014, it took me over a year to get my second ace. But I drained a downhill shot two weeks ago (11 May 2015) that felt pretty good and added by my own personal ace pot.

11024696_1396757617317350_2516655639125694358_n.jpg

Then today (23 May 2015) I drilled one down the middle to snatch my third.

11014880_1402668680059577_645869800935875447_n.jpg

Crazy how aces come, regardless of how much you practice......

Finally got another one. Stupid short hole but I needed a hard cut, so I chose a FH Firebird. Ching!
Hole 7 Messiah Village.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 25
Weirdest first ace ever!

Finally got my first ace ever at Preston Miller Park in Bowling Green, Ky. It was hole 3, I threw my Star Dart pretty hard, as it was flying my brother and I both ran forward to try to get a better angle because we both thought it was gonna go a little past the basket into the weeds (so we wanted to see where to look) and then it hit the chains slightly right of the pole. So my brother went ahead and threw the hole, him and I both talking about how amazed we were it went in. And we walked up to it hanging on the backside of the basket if you were looking from the tee box. We were both amazed.

In the picture the tee is up to the left following the tree line. This ace made no sense to me in how it stayed there.

Sorry for the sideways picture. For some reason when submitting photos to this site it turns them sideways. I see no way to rotate it.

Attachments

• 20150528_191517[1].jpg
    20150528_191517[1].jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 52
Basket Targets: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains and/or the inner cylinder (bottom and inside wall) of the tray. It may be additionally supported by the pole. A disc that enters the target below the top of the tray or above the bottom of the chain support is not holed out.

I was robbed then! I thought the rule was as long as it's supported by tray or chains it was good. I knew top of basket didn't count. Man that's a disappointment. Oh well, I still consider it a good shot and it was worth walking up to it and seeing it hang on the opposite side of the basket from the tee like that.

Thanks for ruining my day guys...Haha.

Aced #14 at Terrace Creek today. Blind basket (down a hill) with a tree protecting the basket. 270 feet with a 161g Champion Tern.

Finally got my first ace, at just under 2 years playing. I've had multiple chain outs and basket hits in the past, but this one was proper, and in a round.

A nice 300' slight downhill hole, I did a low hyzer line drive with a champ Firebird with the intentional skip run...and it just skipped up and softly into the chains...perfect. Real happy that this was the shot/hole for my first one!

e9bc3e7b.jpg

First forehand ace on Wednesday. They are coming in bunches right now (3rd one in a month). Enjoying the ride.

Attachments

• ace #8.jpg
    ace #8.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts