• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Ace #2 !!!

#2 at Bethesda Park in Durham, last Friday, June 26th. The hole is 135' S-tunnel, right, then left, down hill then slightly uphill to the basket. I threw a Champ Roc3 on an anny line, it leveled out, then faded right into the chains. It was still sitting in the chains when I got there!
Felt just as great as the first one!!

:thmbup::thmbup:

Last edited:
Got my seventh today at Lemon Lake White #5. Dead straight hyzer flip with a Summit right into the heart of the chains. Only 175' but it was pure!

Just nailed my 2nd of the year, hole 1 at Ham Lake Park with a backhanded Z Wasp, lofty hyzer line, it faded right into the chains and stuck. Not a bad 4th of July at all.

My 9th career ace but first of this year! #9 at Sertoma Field in Walhalla, SC. RHBH Protege Ghost. Usually a putter shot but with the backdrop you can get aggressive. These new blend protege ghost are the real deal!! lol from the look of my eyes you can tell i was having a good time yesterday :eek: :p
11042941_777141395733902_6147405132437061571_n.jpg

2d918601_m.jpg

My 9th career ace but first of this year! #9 at Sertoma Field in Walhalla, SC. RHBH Protege Ghost. Usually a putter shot but with the backdrop you can get aggressive. These new blend protege ghost are the real deal!! lol from the look of my eyes you can tell i was having a good time yesterday :eek: :p
11042941_777141395733902_6147405132437061571_n.jpg

2d918601_m.jpg

congrats amigo! fun hole but can play tougher than it looks, especially if you kick right

^^ thanks buddy! yeah it really is .. i have only hit it twice but have hit basket, chains, etc. several times ..its tough coming down the hill its usually so hot its tough to get it to stick

Got my second yesterday. ParmaDGC Hole #9. Plasma Ion.

Just hit my first Ace this morning, what a nice B-Day present!

Hole #9 Short tee, 243' at my local nine: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=6142&p=73c4edd6

Finally put one in there after lots of basket hits, basket top skips, pole hits, I even managed to taco one into the side of the basket that just stuck there, during my scored rounds over the last few months this year. I knew I was close to hitting that one.

I even thought about putting it in for the Ace before I went to sleep last night!

Threw a nice shot just to the right of the basket and My GL Striker just went beautifully straight and faded right into the center of the chanis and it came to fest standing at the back of the basket!

I was playing solo of course, but some power company guys heard and saw me celebrate by applauding my self after it went in!

Here are some pics.

I am stupid, sometimes it is too hard to post pics here. These photos are a re-creation as I had no camera this morning when it happened.

Here is the disc all alone and with me in a sexy selfie!

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Ace #4 came today, 6 long years after #2 and #3. (not counting Tiki). Star Gazelle, 222' uphill, RHBH slight anhyzer flex. I was telling myself on the walk from the previous basket that I needed something to help remember hole 15 by. Mid flight I said it's got a chance even though the basket is blind from the tee, then Boom! Black Jack! :D

Just got my 3rd of the year, hole 1 at Pioneer Creek Park, lit up Z Buzzz, big ol' looping forehand hyzer spike, hit the basket really hard judging by the noise (blind shot) but it stuck!

Got my 7th of the year. Short little 160? foot hole #4 at Zimmerman. GStar Dart straight at it.

Been hitting metal everyday around town for the last month, finally one cashed in.

Just got my fourth, hole 5 at Staring Park, Z Wasp again! I threw it hard and flat, it barreled the chains and stuck. Only a 165 footer but I'll take it! The night time is the right time for the Wasp apparently, I am glad I revisited the mold for sure. I really do think the green throwlite is magical

Finally bagged another after many many close calls in recent weeks. It may only be 50 meters, but there's a drop off in elevation directly behind the basket to add an element of danger. The weapon of choice was a brand new 159 Pro-Evo Chief. Only 14 more holes left on my home course to Ace!

ACE #2 in less than two weeks!

Got my second ACE today!

Hole #5, Archusa State Park, 282 feet, RHBH shot with my GL Striker (that makes two for this disc).

Nice low shot that got under the trees ( the limbs hang lower and have grown more than in the pic as it is years old), went laser straight down the tunnel and faded into the chains. I knew it had a shot as soon as it came out of my hand and we watched it till it disappeared. The basket is guarded by trees and it sits behind one too, all we heard was the smash of the chains...and it stayed in! I had two witnesses this time too!

Pics of me and one of the hole:

Attachments

• ACE #@.jpg
    ACE #@.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 23
  • hole #5 Archusa.jpg
    hole #5 Archusa.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 19
Finally got one after 3 years of tickling the chains and bouncing off the basket occasionally!

Sure, it was just #7 at Garlough (shorty downhill hill) but it still felt great. Used a 175 Dx Aviar that's my go-to putter. Will now need to replace it haha.

Ace #14.5
Ashe County Park, Jefferson NC, Hole 15 Long. 320' valley shot. Star Sidewinder.
As soon as I released it, I knew it was going straight into ..... one of the first trees on the left. Kicks waaaaaaaaaay down the hill. Hike down, find my lie, I got nothing. Pick it up, hike way back up to the top. Same disc. As soon as I released it, I knew it was gonna be pretty effing good. Circle par. Re-tee 3. Ace for par. Something like that.

Hole video

tJuUPxU.jpg
e1116953.jpg

Got my first official ace Wednesday at Timmons Park on Hole 2. I stepped up to the teepad, and decided to throw my Envy out to the right so it would hyzer back in and I would hopefully have a death putt for a two or an easy lay up for par. Throw the shot, it's wayyyyy too high and headed OB. While I'm praying for it to hit a tree, the disc slams right into the chains and basket; I was really psyched, to say the least! Two guys on hole 3 heard it go in and came back to sign the disc, and one of them took the pic of me with the basket. I played the rest of the round with them and wound up shooting an OK round, but man, was that ace exciting!

Hole 2

11219686_10207698637291010_2185983797730666635_n.jpg

Here's what the hole looked like from the teepad; lots more greenery than in the pic on here

11262280_10207698637611018_8055529410977592785_n.jpg

Latest posts