• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Birthday Giveaway 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite Courses:

Favorite Discs:

Favorite Websites:

Comments:
DGCR is as much an addiction as disc golf itself! This site, with all the great people and great features, has been a big help to me in my quest to learn more about Disc Golf. A big thanks to Tim for making DGCR the best DG resource available, and striving for continuous improvement! Great job!

1. My favorite course is the course I learned on, Morley Field in San Diego. The first couple years I played were all on this course, so it holds a special place for me still 86 courses later. Whenever I am back home visiting I make sure to get a few rounds in, and it's always loads of fun. The basket positions change weekly, the people are friendly, and the weather is fantastic year round, what more can you ask for?

Another favorite is Coyote Point at Lake Casitas in Ventura (I know, 17 states played and I pick two in California...). This course has it all: fantastic views, great terrain, and an awesome design. This course beats you up every single round, and you always come back looking for more.

2. My go to driver is a lightly seasoned Pro Wraith. This disc will hold all kinds of lines, and gets great distance for me. The disc I throw the most is my DX Rancho Roc, my most consistent disc for shorter drives and all kinds of approaches.

3. Of course my favorite site is dgcoursereview. I found the site recently, and quickly became an addict. Now I'm on here every day, working through reviewing the courses I've played and reading what players from all over the place have to say about the sport.

As an alumnus of Indiana University (as of 48 hours ago!), I frequent www.peegs.com for all my IU sporting news and chat.

4. I really wish I had found this site sooner. At least once a month I go somewhere new to play disc golf, and this site makes it so easy to find courses, and pick the best ones to play. I also have had more time to play recently, and have been practicing a lot, and the tips and techniques I've read about on here have been enormously helpful (added 50' to my drive and 10' to my effective putting range in the last month). Thanks Tim for the great work you do!

This place ROCKS!!!

My 2 favorite course (so far) are:
Flip City and Myles Kimmerly

Plastic needing to be acquired:
* 150 Class X Surge to replace my totally beat and dented purple one
* 150 Class Japan edition Monarch, if I can find one - or - lightest possible weight Buzzz (since they don't make it in a 150 Class)

2 favorite websites:
* Why, DGCR, or course!
* TheSkiDiva.com - a site for women ski freaks only!!

My only suggestion for DGCR:
I'd love to be able to "trade" discs in our Disc Organizer between other registered users, since we routinely swap discs between our family's bags and regularly loan discs to other friends/members.

Special thanks go out to our generous giveaway sponsors, Fade Gear, Disc Golf Center and PRIME Discs as well as the excellent DGCR community. Amen.

Thanks, Tim!!!!:)

Favorite Courses
  • Flip City
  • Myles Kimmerly

Discs to Purchase
  • Innova Max
  • Innova X-Caliber

Favorite Web Sites
  • DGCR
  • E-Bay

This web site is awesome for finding new places to play!
Playing the green? Keep it clean!

Here are my favorite courses:
Renny Park
Idlewild

My favorite discs:
Pro Wraith
Roc

About the only two sites I visit:
DGCR
Louisville Disc Golf

Additional thoughts:
I absolutely love this site! I love the discussion and all of the great conversation that helps me learn more about the sport. I love the (most of the time) mature attitude of the members here. I love the level of participation that so many members contribute. Most of all though I love that the admin/owner is avid in the sport that the site is about, and is ALL about the site and making it better based on the members' comments. And being able to type in a ZIP and see all the courses around is INVALUABLE!!! I used it for the trip I'm on right now in Wichita! Keep up the great work timg!

Hamilton

Favorite Courses: Hudson Mills (Dexter, MI) and Dretzka Park (Milwaukee, WI)
Favorite Discs: Teebird and Roc
Favorite websites: DGCourseReview.com and DiscgolfersRus.com

Courses:

Lazarre DGC - West Monroe, LA

Pa Davis Park - Lafayette, LA

Discs:

XCal
Roc

Sites:

My two most regularly checked pages currently are...

dgcoursereview.com
woot.com

Comments:

I think the site is a great help! It takes a ton of guesswork out of disc golfing and really helps players connect with courses and eachother. I've been on another site that uses the vBulletin boards and they have incorporated a voting system into the users. Meaning you give +'s to people that are polite and helpful and -'s to flamers. Might be nice in the forums, as there is already a similar setup for reviews.

Courses: Roscoe Ewing Park in Medina, OH
Honeybear Hollow Campground in Peru, IN

Discs: Champion Boss
KC Pro Roc

ESPN

This site rocks!

Two Favorite Courses Mt. Ary Forrest Cincinnati OH and Winton Woods Cincinnati OH

My two favorite discs are the Innova DX Cobra and the Innova champion Leapord

My two favorite websites are DGCourseReview and Gizmodo

My only suggestion would be to make some of the menus easer to navigate, it is a little complex and may drive away new users.

Happy Birthday!!!

* Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!)

It would have to be where my disc addiction started Shady Oaks in Sacramento (Orangevale), California. Me and my wife (gf at the time) saw this coarse as we passed one day going to her parents house and we (by that I mean I) decided to stop and check it out. I cant believe we did this but, we went out there throwing the big oversized Frisbees and I haven't stopped since.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1804&mode=ci

The second course would have to be Waller Park in Santa Maria, California. 27 holes of pure joy. The variety is perfect and the difficulty is just enough to make it hurt yet enjoyable.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1980&mode=ci

* Your 2 favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag)

Now that is a tough question. I would have to get a Buzz because I still haven't tried it and I hear it will blow my mind. The other would have to be one of those new organic wizard prototype. If seen it used and it feels awesome specially if it begins to rain.

* Your 2 favorite websites (there is at least one correct answer here guys )

Well DGCR OF COURSE! The next would have to be gametrailers.com because I like to keep up to date on any new video games that are coming out. When its raining you got to do something.

* Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share (optional)

Keep doing what you're doing. This site is AWESOME!

1. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1084 Castle Hayne, NC and http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=694 Johnson St. Park, High Point, NC.

2. 172 supersoft Gateway Warlock; 172 Star Skeeter. (I still think its cold asking me to choose favorites. My old star Teerex is crying in my FADE crunch box right now.

3. Dgcr (especially if I win this), discgolfcenter.com (for selling me so much fine plastic.)

4. Seriously, I need this. I hurt myself playing this wonderful sport from playing too much. I need something to cheer me up during my rehab. Other than that, no comments; dgcoursereview, you're so money right now baby you don't even know it.

1. Your 2 favorite courses:

Z-Boaz Park Fort Worth, TX
Lester Lorch Park - Coyote DGC Cedar Hill, TX

2 Your favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag)

Gateway Voodoo 175gm SuperStupidSoft Putter
Discraft Stratus 175gm X-Elite (I use it as my main approach disc)

3. Your 2 favorite websites

DiscGolfCourseReview.com
DiscGolfCenter.com
PrimeDiscs.com

4. Any comments or suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share.

There is no better place on the web to find courses to play and have this much information about them. The scorebook feature is top notch. I love seeing the graphic results of your scores. Thanks for having this great place for us to visit and call home!

Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!)
Foundation Park in Centralia, IL., and Water Works Park in Kansas City, MO.

Your 2 favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag)
A 175g S Wizard (Medium) and a 180g DX Innova Roc.

Your 2 favorite websites (there is at least one correct answer here guys ;):D)
Autoextremist, The Onion, and this weird little site I look at every now and again, Disc Golf Course Review.

Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share (optional)
DGCR has turned into a nice resource for the average golfer. There is a lot of good information in the reviews and some good dialog on the message board. Of course we have our moments like the infamous Redneck Machismo review of the IDGC Steady Ed Course and garublador VS 80playedin10states flame-fests, but those tend to be the exceptions and not the rule. I hope we can keep that good karma flowing and keep the good dialogs going in the future.

* Your 2 favorite courses-- Edora in Fort Collins, CO and Johnny Roberts in Arvada, CO
* Your 2 favorite discs-- Champion Beast and DX Destroyer
* Your 2 favorite websites-- Disc Golf Course Review and Innovadiscgolf.com
* Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share-- feedback and tracking sections in the review sections of courses. I would like to know why someone did not feel that a review was helpful and there should be some way for the administrators to keep track of "thumbs down" clicks to ensure that an individual member can't just be a jerk to a bunch of people for reasons that have nothing to do with the content of a review(s). If we knew what was lacking in our reviews we could make them better, but no such (easy and immediate) way of leaving feedback currently exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.