• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Disc: Stamp Designs

cool - that worked out perfect. you guys got a hot stamp from marmoset and i got some disc golf character development I can use for my own purposes...<muahahahaha> final thought from me. i really don't know what the design that has been chosen represents that has anything to do with DGCR.com. no offense. that probably goes to show how little i know but hey....if it feels good DO IT!

73957_100182480053835_100001862490373_197_7595471_n.jpg

I'm not one to rip on anyone's artistic ability. There is art I love and a lot I don't.

But I really don't get it in relation to the site. It really has nothing to do with the spirit of the site.

And it looks kinda "Tron"ish.

Disc flying through a hole with little pieces of chains flying? I could see if it looked remotly like a basket but.... :confused:

It seems like it is going in the opposite direction of all the wants people had (Site Emblem, Font, World, conveing the formation of reviews...).

just came across this thread!

I like marmosets design, however, I feel that that there is a stronger design out there. I'd like at least two days to give it a shot.

here are some samples of art i've done in the past - mostly for clients etc., if there is some time left i would like to contribute a design based on more traditional line art, nicely drawn, where I feel a more wider variety of concepts can be explored.

I also do computer art, photoshop, etc, but a really nice line drawing can be vectored to look smoothly and would make great disc art (think Innova's first run katana stamp design).

I've done work for Marvel and Image comics, cartoons, computer games and a wide variety of different formats and genres. Here are some of my hand drawn samples:

Attachments

• vamp%201.jpg
    vamp%201.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 35
  • no pressure GBO no pupils.jpg
    no pressure GBO no pupils.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 33
  • comicart_dysnnt.jpg
    comicart_dysnnt.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 36
my philosphy toward graphic art is simple: the initial impact of the design must kick a**, it must be good enough to look great on a t-shirt, and finally anyone outside the genre would dig it enough to buy it.

more sample art:

Attachments

• arsenault vector.jpg
    arsenault vector.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
You've got your 2 days.. or more if you need it. I'd love to see what you come up with.

i like marmoset's design as well, but agree that the dgcr looks tron-ish.

having submitted exactly 0 designs of my own though, i can't really say i have room to bitch.

i will, however, throw a vote in for the magic instead of the voodoo

tim, I hope you're storing all of these away, because we started with crap (sorry AP) and now have a TON of great options. Hopefully disc sales are a success and there can be multiple designs.

Sucks I can't get the time do a design up. I'm still on the boat about making the stamp represent the art of the banner. It's what everyone sees when they come to this site.

Sucks I can't get the time do a design up. I'm still on the boat about making the stamp represent the art of the banner. It's what everyone sees when they come to this site.

I got to see some of your handiwork close up today when my stamped ion came in the mail today.

So fresh and so clean, clean. :thmbup:

sorry, but imo, still too cartooney, and why is the guy walking over central america where there is a distinct void of courses (not to mention people that would kidnap an american tourist for a hot meal)?