• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Disc: Stamp Designs

I vote for the big booty thong chick with the cobra.

I think that represents the essence of what goes on in my brain 23.5 hours a day.

Not sure what that unicorn, leprechaun, fire hose, barrel of hydraulic oil, and baby bib are doing in that other half hour but that is another thread entirely.

Marmoset's bullet hole design would look sick with a hologram stamp, like early Millennium stamps. Oh baby.

Marmoset's bullet hole design ...hologram stamp

When I was drawing this stamp, I had this idea of the hologram foil for the explosion bits and then a second foil color for the DGCR font. Probably a dark color for the font.

2 foil colors means that the stamper has to accurately align 2 different stamps so they would have a larger number of x-out/misstamps.
It would also make the disc more expensive... like $1 more.

There's nothing wrong with Marmosets design... It has a lot of movement and a pretty good stamp overall. I just wasn't sure if there were certain font/styles that needed to be kept in check when doing this stamp. If there wasn't any guidelines and everyone loves this stamp design...

Start Pressin' !!!

(Can't wait to see Tron.. I need to go back and watch the original again. It's been years)

There's nothing wrong with Marmosets design... It has a lot of movement and a pretty good stamp overall. I just wasn't sure if there were certain font/styles that needed to be kept in check when doing this stamp. If there wasn't any guidelines and everyone loves this stamp design...

Start Pressin' !!!

(Can't wait to see Tron.. I need to go back and watch the original again. It's been years)

I agree. The design is perfectly fine. I'm excited to have another reason to give Tim money.

As for Tron, I watched it again a few years ago and found it much campier than I remembered. That said, I hope the sequel keeps up the user/program metaphor and is worth the nearly 20yr wait.

acronym only (DGCR) would be inside the banner...

dgcrplain2vector.jpg