• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

Looks like . . Hole 4 is shorter for FPO. . Hole 5 is shorter and par 3 for FPO ( par 4 for MPO ) Hole 11 is shorter for FPO....hole 18 is the same for FPO and MPO but a Par 5 for FPO

So par is 68 for both. . .But Hollys -1 was rated 1005 . . .a -1 in MPO was 999 rated

So the FPO layout is harder ?!

Looks like . . Hole 4 is shorter for FPO. . Hole 5 is shorter and par 3 for FPO ( par 4 for MPO ) Hole 11 is shorter for FPO....hole 18 is the same for FPO and MPO but a Par 5 for FPO

So par is 68 for both. . .But Hollys -1 was rated 1005 . . .a -1 in MPO was 999 rated

So the FPO layout is harder ?!

The ratings...they ain't purfekt.

Just watched Jomez R1 F9. I'd forgotten just how pretty Idlewild is. It was one of my earliest road trips : Labor Day weekend of 2011. I'll have to get back out there.

Just watched Jomez R1 F9. I'd forgotten just how pretty Idlewild is. It was one of my earliest road trips : Labor Day weekend of 2011. I'll have to get back out there.

Yes it is but you have to get there at the right time. Normally this time of year, the rough is out of control but they've obviously put in a ton of work clearing some of it up.

The best time to get there, is in the late spring after the course dries up and before the shule gets growing... or in the fall after the shule dies off and before the fall rains turn it muddy. Either makes it even more pretty. Spring you got the flowers and in the fall before the leaves have all fallen.:thmbup:

Snow covered rounds are interesting there....

Another thing that helped, every few years they cut down the crap on either side of 16 and this past fall/winter just happened to be one of those years.

Conrad on absolute fire through the first 9. It's nice to see him rebound after a tough round yesterday.

There's only two holes with a turf tee at Idle, the new long tee on the doinker and on no 15(uphill hole) The turf is there for a reason on 15. That creek routinely overflows its bank right onto that tee making it a muddy mess a lot of the year. It also never gets sunshine on it so it gets a coat of moss on it that is very slippery in the morning dew..

Last edited: